What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Translation please.

idont understand how people defend otokar that much.. otokar koc group is richest company and family in turkey..look Korean companies where they are. kia hyunda etc. koc even can not make a one turkish brand car in 30-40 years.i expecting them to be more nationalist..but all they care is money.so bmc seems more eaglerly than koc group..and they have arab money,i mean why not if they offer better koc,i believe they can handle it very well even better than koc group

They are rich because of monopoly position and part of Kemalists establishment. You need to be more venturesome and innovative to be like Hiyundai or Kia.

What is the problem with Qatar money? Qatar "invested", they do not own anything in BMC..; BMC is a fully Turkish manufacturer...
Where the likes of FNSS are... per exemple Owned by BAE (49%)

So whatever they manufacture engines or Altay... it' snot like Qatar will get free transfer of tech or any fantasies like that...

So... just give to the one who has the mean (money and workforce) to do it and that's it... And if he fails later on... then redo... it' s not the end...

Last edited:
^the money won't stay inside the country. Simple as that. BAE at least brings some of their own designs and know-how from time to time. Not that it's still needed.

We're pretty self-sufficient in land systems, we don't need foreign investment. If they loved Turkey and wanted the best for Turkey, instead of making the safest investment possible, they would invest into something we lack. I can think of many things, microprocessors for example.

Ohh be, finally!

I just posted this here even this is not related with Altay, thought wouldnt be any problem since this is only sticky topic related tanks. If it's a problem, mods can move this to true place.

Translate: 40 M60A3 to be modernised by Aselsan.

What is going to be modernised excactly?

The jab from @Otokar was great.

Probably all new optics-communication systems-fire control systems-laser warning systems-ERA armor-Remote controlled weapon station-warfare information interface etc.

I expect better modernisation package than M60Ts, or at least increasing A3s capacity to T series.

Ohh be, finally!

I just posted this here even this is not related with Altay, thought wouldnt be any problem since this is only sticky topic related tanks. If it's a problem, mods can move this to true place.

Translate: 40 M60A3 to be modernised by Aselsan.
I didn't like M60 Fırat prototype, it has shot-traps. We should stick to th Sabra model. it's armor is shaped better.

I didn't like M60 Fırat prototype, it has shot-traps. We should stick to th Sabra model. it's armor is shaped better.
Sabra is Israeli...and the Armor package didn't get transfer of tech...
So the only solution is this Aselsan upgrade. Which is IMO enought for M60...

Sabra is Israeli...and the Armor package didn't get transfer of tech...
So the only solution is this Aselsan upgrade. Which is IMO enought for M60...
We can make it in the same shape. That's what I meant.

ps. I wish we could cut the glacis plate and change it with composite armor. Simply adding ERA on top of the glacis plate reduces the gun depression, I'd rather not have that.

Back
Top Bottom