What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

I was talking about the order of the quran, i.e. the order of the verses (surah numbers, verse numbers, etc). This is divinely inspired, i.e, prophet muhammad or his companions did not order the verses in an arbitrary fashion, God had communicated the order to him.

As for the script, there are different versions of the the script that exist even today (e.g. Hafs and Warsh versions) and are not the same (i.e. the letters and/or words don't match). Many of them still carry the human errors that were not corrected.

I don't want to go on to a lengthy explanation, so I strongly urge you to read the two articles i've linked below, which will explain my views quite clearly. It will also shed some new info regarding the Quran to you, which may be hard to digest at first if you're a traditionalist (e.g. Prophet Muhammad wasn't illiterate and wrote the Quran with his own hand, etc, etc).

Are all the Arabic versions of Quran the same?

Preserving and protecting Quran

The prophet was not illiterate....
Otherwise why was he asked to "read" the first time Gabriel visited him.. if he was just asked to say something.. he would have been told "Qul".. which is "say".

Otherwise why was he asked to "read" the first time Gabriel visited him.. if he was just asked to say something.. he would have been told "Qul".. which is "say".

Exactly. But be careful, you may be branded as a non-practicing muslim by the zealots here.

Exactly. But be careful, you may be branded as a non-practicing muslim by the zealots here.

You have respect for the Prophet but doubt the main thing for which He was sent to this world..Quran...wow

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Rassol un Ummeyyonn?

what does that mean?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Try alexa rating for a website before Blindly beleiving it..
Submissin.org which you are quoting so viciously has very low rankings...so much for authenticity
submission.org - Information from Alexa Internet
Alexa Traffic Rank: 417,565 Traffic Rank in US: 284,837

You have respect for the Prophet but doubt the main thing for which He was sent to this world..Quran...wow

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Rassol un Ummeyyonn?

what does that mean?

I do not have any doubts regarding the Quran. If you had read the links i attached in my post, you wouldn't have come to that conclusion.

Regarding Rassol un Ummeyyonn:

It is true that in today’s standard Arabic, "illiterate" is one of the meaning of this word. But this is not a compelling evidence, since "gentile" is also another meaning of it. In fact, if we study the Quran carefully where this word is found, its usage has always been in the context of "the people of the scripture" vs. "the gentiles" (see for example 3:20, 3:75, 62:2, 2:78).

[/COLOR]Try alexa rating for a website before Blindly beleiving it..
Submissin.org which you are quoting so viciously has very low rankings...so much for authenticity
submission.org - Information from Alexa Internet
Alexa Traffic Rank: 417,565 Traffic Rank in US: 284,837

Buddy, you're questioning a site's authenticity via its Alexa ranking? The views i have presented can be researched by anyone with a grasp of google search. You can research any of the claims on the net yourself, as I have done myself. I did not blindly accept everything from that website, i did my research before coming to that conclusion.

There is no authority on Islam, except God's.

Rassol un Ummeyyonn?

what does that mean?

It means that prophet (S.A.W) have not go to any school of that time and indeed HE is the most literate and wise in the entire universe and most important thing is that the real knowledge is the knowledge of Quran which He learne by the Allah Almighty

Buddy, you're questioning a site's authenticity via its Alexa ranking? The views i have presented can be researched by anyone with a grasp of google search. You can research any of the claims on the net yourself, as I have done myself. I did not blindly accept everything from that website, i did my research before coming to that conclusion.

There is no authority on Islam, except God's.

you are the first one in my 38 years of life on this planet as muslim...who is saying this...
i am ok with authenticity of quran and no doubts about it..

you can continue asking Hazrat Google...

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

It means that prophet (S.A.W) have not go to any school of that time and indeed HE is the most literate and wise in the entire universe and most important thing is that the real knowledge is the knowledge of Quran which He learne by the Allah Almighty

and that proves his knowledge was directly from Allah?Not from a school

FURTHER MORE ON THE AUTHENTICITY OF SUBMISSION.ORG

some people have doubts about Allah and Prophet and Quran..but no doubts about Google...am i witnessing the start of a new faith?

furtherDomain ID: D4625534-LROR
Domain Name:SUBMISSION.ORG
Created On:29-Jan-1997 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:30-Aug-2010 23:37:01 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Jan-2013 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR30499744
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:85260
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599

There are many shady websites all over the internet who are doing well in demolishing our basic beleifs as muslims..People have ammended hadith books and added wrong ahadith in a PDF format Sahih Bukhari which is actually "Ghalat Bukhari" and gullable internet googling muslims read trhat and lose their faith.

you are the first one in my 38 years of life on this planet as muslim...who is saying this...
i am ok with authenticity of quran and no doubts about it..

you can continue asking Hazrat Google...

It seems you need to learn to read. I have no doubts regarding the authenticity of the Quran either. I have done my research and come to that conclusion after learning of the mathematical structure of the Quran. Any discrepancies between the script of the Quran's you find nowadays, the Tashkent Quran etc have been cleared up with this mathematical code.

I have shown you the differences in some of the words in the Hafs and Warsh versions of the Quran and the oldest quran in the world too, but you choose to not accept it. Your choice.

Lets get to the facts:

After 9/11 Evangelicals started to setup a lot of websites which seem Islamic in nature but they actually contain alot of false information. No one knows who runs these rouge sites but they are on net

Now lets dig in to the real nitty gritty

"Quran has never changed never has never will till its lifted from earth before day of judgement"

When the verses were revealed to Prophet , these were carefully recorded and the followers recited the verses daily in order to memorize these verses and how the prophet instructed them to recite and remember them

Because these verses were recited memorized and written on leafs and rough copies these were saved in minds of followers and there were alot of people who memorized each word of Quran by heart

And if you notice , in Ramadan , the Quran is recited in entirety so people always confirmed their knowledge

So no change ! Are you with me ^_^

After a major war in which many Muslims died , the Calip of that time decided to preserve the Quran , and its pronunciation
Arabs , who speak Arabic do not need these pronunciation helpers , but its added to make sure that that people pronounce it correctly (Arabs and Non Arabs)

Are you with Me?

Arabs do not need "pronunciation helpers" the extra language helpers are there for non arabs so they could pronounce it correct form

Prophet himself administrated the organization of the verses during his time as he oversaw these so that people who recited and memorized them

So all you doubters :L please .... don't reach Evengelical sites that claim to discredit Quran:whistle:

Just to be more technical !!! The last sermon by Prophet Mohammad
The Final Sermon:

After praising, and thanking God, the Prophet, may God send His praises upon him said:

“O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore, listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. God has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. God has Judged that there shall be no interest, and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn Abd’al Muttalib shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under a trust from God and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship God, perform your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadan, and offer Zakat. Perform Hajj if you have the means.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority over white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before God and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born.
Reason well, therefore, O people, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray.:agree:

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and it may be that the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.”

Thus the beloved Prophet completed his Final Sermon, and upon it, near the summit of Arafat, the revelation came down:

“…This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My Grace upon you, and have chosen Islam for you as your religion…” (Quran 5:3)

Even today the Last Sermon of Prophet Muhammad is passed to every Muslim in every corner of the word through all possible means of communication. Muslims are reminded about it in mosques and in lectures. Indeed the meanings found in this sermon are indeed astounding, touching upon some of the most important rights God has over humanity, and humanity has over each other. Though the Prophet’s soul has left this world, his words are still living in our hearts.

So conclusion :

Follow Quran and Hadith

And stop reading garbage on Evengelical sites which are created to pass incorrect information

Uthman_Koran_Taschkent_a.jpg

5 Copies were created and spread across different Muslim lands and a copy of 1 original remains in Muslim Hands

Who were the Guardians of this process!!!
The Sahabas !!! The people who are 100% going to Heaven !!! who had the luck to view Prophet with their eyes and got the teaching directly from him

So please stop visiting none sense Evangelical sites ....peace y'all

And this copy passed between Usman all the way to Ali .... and on ward ... with out change

Cheers ...

^^^^ Too many misguiding websites for googling muslims who cant be arsed to go to their local mosque or a madrisah and ask an actual living breathing human being......

Instead they rather beleive what a phony website in the corner of world wide web says..Mind you over 8 billion websites floating around......and authenticity is always a problem..

Religious knowledge should be learnt from a living being called "Mullah" who has spent years learning it...Not a geek who knows HTML...and may well be someone with malicious intent and undisclosed agenda...of misguiding Muslims.

this thread is making me feel dizzy and fuzzy......learn what you seek to learn, o followers!

be bilingual, tri-lingual, hecto-lingual....!

and if all else fails, you can find Islamic religious texts translated in over 180 languages for your viewing pleasure.

this thread is making me feel dizzy and fuzzy......learn what you seek to learn, o followers!

be bilingual, tri-lingual, hecto-lingual....!

and if all else fails, you can find Islamic religious texts translated in over 180 languages for your viewing pleasure.

So when does the ISPR press release come out on this topic? :P

These matters are between each person and his diety, if any. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom