What's new

What comes first?Nation or religion?

What comes first?

• Nation

Votes: 112 62.6%
  • Religion

Votes: 67 37.4%

• Total voters
Pakistan was made as a Muslim majority state, not on the basis of Islam. Surely you are aware that the Islamic parties of India opposed the idea of Pakistan as Islam neither encourages nor allows the concept of a nation-state and the only political entity is a unified Ummah under Khilafat.

When ever we talk about Pakistan and its independence, you people come up with the story of "Islamists against Pakistan"... Why do we always forget the likes of Shabbir Ahmad Usmani?

For me Nation but hey it was created on the basis of religion ... so Both i gues!!

When ever we talk about Pakistan and its independence, you people come up with the story of "Islamists against Pakistan"... Why do we always forget the likes of Shabbir Ahmad Usmani?

The problem is, if religion was above to Nation theory then there was no need of separate homeland for muslims. This is the reason why Muslim religious organisations of the sub-continent -- Jamiat Ulema-i-Hind, Majlis-i- Ahrar- i-Islam and Jamat-i-Islami rejected demand of Pakistan while they were fighting with Mr Jinnah in upliftment of Muslims in India. Please read:
Islamic Pakistan

Leave it aside... We can discuss it later but today ......Happy Independance day to Pakistan.... :pakistan:

I'd say it mostly depends on the person. I identify with Hinduism, and I'm not really religious, and I would always support the Punjabi (Any religion) if RSS/Congress etc again try to cause problems in my state, then I'm ready to revolt against my nation. I will choose to live as Minority in Khalistan instead of killing my brothers.

I'm sure many people feel more links to their nation than their religion and vice versa.

Its very tough question.

Nation first, without a doubt.

All other things being equal, I would chose a christian or hindu Pakistani over a muslim from Iran or Saudi Arabia any day.

Nation first, without a doubt.

All other things being equal, I would chose a christian or hindu Pakistani over a muslim from Iran or Saudi Arabia any day.

And I will choose a Pakistani over any other citizen when out of India....

Was Shabbir Ahmed Usmani an Islamic party, I stated clearly that Islamic parties of India opposed Pakistan and that is a fact. I never said that all Islamists opposed Pakistan.

Later Usmani found a religious-political group that was used to counter the Islamic parties of India.

Was Shabbir Ahmed Usmani an Islamic party, I stated clearly that Islamic parties of India opposed Pakistan and that is a fact. I never said that all Islamists opposed Pakistan.

Later Usmani found a religious-political group that was used to counter the Islamic parties of India.

No he wasn't a party. He was a scholar from the same school of thought.

but you said "Islam neither encourages nor allows the concept of a nation-state"
If this was the case then Scholar like Usmani wouldn't have been part of the Pakistan movement.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I will not hesitate to kill a Muslim if he intends harm to Pakistan or a fellow Pakistani. Therefore I am a Pakistani first and foremost. I am also a Muslim but it comes a close second to being a Pakistani.

No he wasn't a party. He was a scholar from the same school of thought.

but you said "Islam neither encourages nor allows the concept of a nation-state"
If this was the case then Scholar like Usmani wouldn't have been part of the Pakistan movement.

What I wrote was the official explanation for the Islamic Parties of India for opposing the creation of Pakistan but as we all know, they later changed their stance and did migrate to Pakistan. Usmani like the other politically motivated scholars had his own point of view and did not share the same with others.

Maulana Madani said that and he later migrated to Pakistan, this just goes to show you that these so called scholars are just opportunists and nothing else.

What I wrote was the official explanation for the Islamic Parties of India for opposing the creation of Pakistan but as we all know, they later changed their stance and did migrate to Pakistan. Usmani like the other politically motivated scholars had his own point of view and did not share the same with others.

Maulana Madani said that and he later migrated to Pakistan, this just goes to show you that these so called scholars are just opportunists and nothing else.

So, from "Official Islamic Stance", now you have changed it into "Official Stance of Islamic Parties"

Taliban is fighting liberals

Shias are fighting Sunnis

Sunnis are fighting Ahmedis

Muhajirs are fighting Pakhtuns

These fightings only happen in Indian media.When they start thier Pakistan Bashing programs.:disagree:

My nation is based on religion so both are at same level without religion there might not be a separate Pakistani nation...

But in any case my religion comes first.. and I love my country... :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom