What's new

"My Hindu girlfriend was confronted by her Indian coworker about dating a Muslim guy in USA"

She should write a letter to Qassem bin Lincoln

I (24) am an Indian Muslim pursuing my master's degree in USA. I've been in relationship with a Hindu girl (25) for the past 6 years. We met in India and we both study in USA now albeit in different cities. She works in a different city and I intend to join her after my course. Apparently when she was hanging out with a few coworkers she told them she was dating me after which one guy in particular met her when she was leaving and tried to persuade her on how Muslim guys entrap Hindu girls, all Muslims are terrorists, Muslims don't study and they get paid to lure Hindu girls etc. That guy told my GF that I might be faking my qualifications and intentions for the sole purpose of converting and harming her. I'm honestly tired of this bullshit. This is not the first time she has to hear all this. We both don't believe in religion. We thought moving to USA will help us get rid of all these stupid conspiracy theories but somehow the virus is being exported to other countries as well. Mind you this guy is currently working in an MNC and completed masters from a top 50 US University. He even had the audacity to tell her that it was his job as a fellow Hindu to protect her and told her he would help her get rid of me if required. When will all this end? Someone judged me only with my name without knowing any of by background.

How can someone harbour so much hate for another person who they have never met? If this is the mentality among the affluent so called liberal class of India I dread of the situation back in India.

Will you marry her and walk with her throughout her life?

I (24) am an Indian Muslim pursuing my master's degree in USA. I've been in relationship with a Hindu girl (25) for the past 6 years. We met in India and we both study in USA now albeit in different cities. She works in a different city and I intend to join her after my course. Apparently when she was hanging out with a few coworkers she told them she was dating me after which one guy in particular met her when she was leaving and tried to persuade her on how Muslim guys entrap Hindu girls, all Muslims are terrorists, Muslims don't study and they get paid to lure Hindu girls etc. That guy told my GF that I might be faking my qualifications and intentions for the sole purpose of converting and harming her. I'm honestly tired of this bullshit. This is not the first time she has to hear all this. We both don't believe in religion. We thought moving to USA will help us get rid of all these stupid conspiracy theories but somehow the virus is being exported to other countries as well. Mind you this guy is currently working in an MNC and completed masters from a top 50 US University. He even had the audacity to tell her that it was his job as a fellow Hindu to protect her and told her he would help her get rid of me if required. When will all this end? Someone judged me only with my name without knowing any of by background.

How can someone harbour so much hate for another person who they have never met? If this is the mentality among the affluent so called liberal class of India I dread of the situation back in India.

Let her report her Hindu co-worker about this BS to company Human Resources.

The Hindu guy will lose his job so fast, his head will spin.

This kind of bigotry is not tolerated at all in American companies.

Immediate termination of employment, no questions asked.

That Muslim guy needs to stop having a mushrika as his girlfriend

In fact he needs to marry instead of having girlfriends
Figures. He's an indian muslim. Their are partially Muslim and partially gangu. Depends which part is dominant. :lol:

Let her report her Hindu co-worker about this BS to company Human Resources.

The Hindu guy will lose his job so fast, his head will spin.

This kind of bigotry is not tolerated at all in American companies.

Immediate termination of employment, no questions asked.
Depends on whether gangus have taken over the company like Silicon valley or not

South Asia isn't ready for this yet but people have had interfaith marriages even in the previous generation. It is not an easy life.
Neither believes in religion. Cannot be called interfaith. A person cannot logically be Muslim if he doesn't believe in religion.
We both don't believe in religion.
It is a sociocultural problem.

I don't care. You can love who you want, it's none of anyone's business.

The fault lies in the parents who did not educate their children on the limits of their religion

A Muslim man cannot marry a Hindu woman because she isn't a believer of any of the abrahamic religions.

Muslim countries don't have love jihad laws against followers of other religions. If a Muslim girl is stopped from pursuing relationship with a man of different faith, it's her family problem, not the state's problem. If she elopes with her lover, good luck to the family to try and get her back because the state will not help break the relationship. Only Hindu lesser men need laws and the state's support to "protect" their women.
Nonsense, it's wrong in most Islamic countries a Muslim woman cannot marry a non Muslim man or lgbtq.

How the hell is this a Muslim-Hindu relationship problem then? Change thread title, cry somewhere else.

A Muslim man cannot marry a Hindu woman because she isn't a believer of any of the abrahamic religions.

You missed the part "We both don't believe in religion". It's a non-Muslim/atheist.

In the West, India's image was that of a calm, caring and democratic society for decades. Nowadays it has become obvious that India was never a peaceful society in the first place.

Modi is ruining India, Indians are turning into Hindu Taliban. The society in India becomes toxic but no one cares.

I don't care. You can love who you want, it's none of anyone's business.

The fault lies in the parents who did not educate their children on the limits of their religion
The parents are not the only ones responsible for a person. After adolescence, you are responsible for your deeds.

And it's hard to believe any Muslim not knowing this limitation. Ignoring it, is another thing altogether.

ignorant comment

women from christianity and Judaism are permitted

idol or pagan religions.. NO.
So are Muslim men inferior to idol worshippers or pagan men ?

Is that why your religion bans interfaith marriage with them?

So are Muslim men inferior to idol worshippers or pagan men ?

Is that why your religion bans interfaith marriage with them?

No words, just images. Come to your own conclusion:

zu8rbr0mw1h61.jpg

Depends on whether gangus have taken over the company like Silicon valley or not

It really does not matter. We are talking about United States Federal non-discrimination law and more importantly California non-discrimination law if it is a Silicon valley company. Companies will not take a chance with the bad publicity, this is a career-ender for many "C" level people in a company.

Things are not wishy washy like in Australia, Asia or even the EU. There are too many successfully-argued legal precedents and too many lawyers waiting in the wings to make a fast buck.

California especially is the number one lawsuit-happy place in the universe. People here do this as a hobby....:p:

Very few Indian people relish the thought of being personally sued with no reward - and that even in an HR lawsuit which is great media outlet material.

Pointless being at the butt of such a lawsuit.

Now some Silicon Valley Indian folks do take risks of being sued sometimes, but the reward is rather large in return.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom