What's new

"We Need To Be Careful!" - Is India Going To Be The Next China?

India suffers massive trade deficit year on year, and just because US can register "growth" just through huge imports and consumption and deficti, India somehow believes it can also "grow" like that.

In my country, working an honest days job and pulling yourself from the bootstrap to better ones position is considered praiseworthy. No job is too small, only the mind that does it.

Coolie, maid, cobbler whatever it is, better to earn a rupee through toil than to depend on the kindness of friends, wouldn't you agree?

in my country being a lackeeee for a sinister plot makes you an Indian.....

no wonder we ruled you for a 1000 years.

So was China..in fact far worse.
Stories of burn barrels and people begging on the streets in late 1980's China.
You mean hundreds of millions of people live in deplorable slums even to these days, no kidding !

He touched couple of points about India. One is demographic dividend. Indian is young and is getting younger. India has democratic setup and has been stable. China is more a one party setup. India is already a IT hub for innovation and growth. It has potential to grow at 10% because it's potential is barely scratched. Manufacturing is happening at much slower pace and Modi wants to accelerate that by increasing connectivity and improving infrastructure. Education in tier 2 and 3 cities is being given priority for tapping the young talent. It is more a grass root level than a top down approach. Multinational companies are coming and fdi inflow was close to $84 billion in 2022. Remittances of 100 billion dollars was registered recently. So, things are going well for India to counter China in near terms.
Why wasting your time with these baboons ? When USA started giving business contracts 40-50 years back to China,did anyone in his sane mind thought about the rapid rise of China ?

It takes a monumental and talented lot to turn a 1000 year old reich into something that struggles daily to pay for necessities. Clearly, your caliber is superior, Congratulations are in order I suppose.

Whats with the disdain for an honest days work? try it out once, the gratification is immeasurable, the independence, intoxicating.

Last edited:
In policy circles, we have a consensus that Indian growth story is a sustainable growth story. The fundamentals are really strong and our institutions are coming of age. There are still many inclement issues -- and our democratic way of life slows progress down a little bit. But the uninitiated don't realize that the same dysfunctional system gives our people a chance to influence, acclimatize and internalize their changing reality.

Indian growth story is a combination of both bottom-up and top-down approaches. Some people call that "holistic" :)

I hope not, we shouldn't be in race with anybody or strive to become the next China or US. We should just keep growing, improving lives of our people, developing infra without harming the environment

Come again?

Did you rule? Are you Irani or afghani?

Can you please check your national identity, please?

India suffers massive trade deficit year on year, and just because US can register "growth" just through huge imports and consumption and deficti, India somehow believes it can also "grow" like that.

It will at least take 20 years, nothing will be changed soon. But yes, we are on the right path.

We should aim to have a $10k PCI by 2040. We won't be China because China is a manufacturing powerhouse, while we are more service based economy.

It takes a monumental and talented lot to turn a 1000 year old reich into something that struggles daily to pay for necessities. Clearly, your caliber is superior, Congratulations are in order I suppose.

Whats with the disdain for an honest days work? try it out once, the gratification is immeasurable, the independence, intoxicating.

Yes, it is the strangest f**ing thing and keeps coming up not only among Pakistanis but also some irrelevant western countries. Like they look at call centres and look at it like it is a servant's job. It is a job. It is a decent job. It gives you foreign exchange. That's the important point. And said western countries, unsurprisinly never made a headway in IT at all.

Chinese are hardworking, intelligent and loyal.
@Mirzali Khan
So that anti-PTI member said it right. Indians need to learn a lot about hard work and 'loyalty'.
Sub-continent people are lazy and lack discipline. They always seek jugard for everything in services, manufacturing, etc. They lack perfection.
Now, the number of resources required to revamp this is huge. It will require billion of $ to educate them about collectiveness, hygiene, science, quality, etc. See the recent episodes of cough syrups or eye drops, which killed people/children and blinded some. Pure negligence by pharma!!! I mean, they were educated but careless.

Loyalty in terms of dedication. They always seek back channels to escape duty or quality. Loyalty is a national trade of Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people. One of the reasons why they have one national language, ferocity in battles, and love of their country and values. This loyalty also reflects in their services, products etc. You can see why all ICs or electronic things are manufactured in this region as, besides technology, it requires a pollution-free environment, which comes from discipline and consciousness that hygiene matters. That comes from loyalty to their job. They take it very seriously.

I hope not, we shouldn't be in race with anybody or strive to become the next China or US. We should just keep growing, improving lives of our people, developing infra without harming the environment
I agree with this, we can't just become another China. We shouldn't even attempt to, as every country has it's own path towards betterment.

We also should make sure that, our ecology is not harmed.

@Mirzali Khan
So that anti-PTI member said it right. Indians need to learn a lot about hard work and 'loyalty'.
Sub-continent people are lazy and lack discipline. They always seek jugard for everything in services, manufacturing, etc. They lack perfection.
Now, the number of resources required to revamp this is huge. It will require billion of $ to educate them about collectiveness, hygiene, science, quality, etc. See the recent episodes of cough syrups or eye drops, which killed people/children and blinded some. Pure negligence by pharma!!! I mean, they were educated but careless.

Loyalty in terms of dedication. They always seek back channels to escape duty or quality. Loyalty is a national trade of Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people. One of the reasons why they have one national language, ferocity in battles, and love of their country and values. This loyalty also reflects in their services, products etc. You can see why all ICs or electronic things are manufactured in this region as, besides technology, it requires a pollution-free environment, which comes from discipline and consciousness that hygiene matters. That comes from loyalty to their job. They take it very seriously.

Indians are rarely spoken of as lazy or disloyal. Most are considered professional and commited to their jjob. You should talk only about yourself then.

Our usual hatred aside, i think india have played well diplomatically. Today india's enemy is only Pakistan and no one gives a damn abt Pakistan. China is considered another enemy of india, which again india is using as leverage. In reality, india china trade will only keep growing. Today no one in the world objects to india becoming a powerhouse. Even a westernized and skirtified Turkey is not acceptable as a powerhouse but no one objects to india becoming one, this is all due to careful diplomacy led by civilian democratic govts for decades. They have played a careful neutral role for decades, which are bearing fruits now. The world trusts india as a reliable nation with consistent policies. Eventually, china will accept india as a big power n deal with it as peers.

Back
Top Bottom