What's new

Video- JF-17 Thunder performance in Kamra AirShow 29Jan 2017

This was a club event, the movie, Parwaaz Hay Junoon' is a different venture.

Sultana-Siddiqui-with-Air-Commodore-Syed-Muhammad-Ali-Haseeb-Hasan-and-Momina-Duraid.jpg
Possibly but the production team was/is in Kamra this week.

Wow look at that sudden turn, that man really handled so high Gs. Out class pilot and out class plane. A close circle snake out class maneuver. Good job PAF.

Stay tuned for other parts of video..i will hopefully get tommorow

Also, there is a PAF movie in production at Kamra set to be released on Air Force day this year. This may or may not be related to that.
Would be nice if they attach actual film cameras to the top of the canopy. Not GoPros. Not iPhone cameras. No ... real 4K/UHD film cameras. It'll be expensive, but the footage will be re-usable in news footage, music videos, other films, etc, for decades to come.

Would be nice if they attach actual film cameras to the top of the canopy. Not GoPros. Not iPhone cameras. No ... real 4K/UHD film cameras. It'll be expensive, but the footage will be re-usable in news footage, music videos, other films, etc, for decades to come.
I'll ask and post.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the first high speed 90 degree turn is from approx. 14/15 sec to approx. 18/19 sec. That gives approx. 90/4 = 22.5 degree per second turn rate at high speed. At the completion he moves straight into the next turn, but I notice the speed has dropped significantly. Here he is able to make the turn approx. between 21-23 seconds. Almost 45 degree per second at low speed.

Conclusion, high speed turn rate similar to F-16, but bleeds energy.

My amateur analysis so please feel free to correct.

@JamD @Windjammer @araz
@gambit

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you---as I had stated before---the engine is not an issue with this aircraft---it has plenty of power---.
i think u quoted wrong person :-/ ...i know rd93 is itself very capable

go pros were used there attached to drones for filming the show

For the non aircraft scenes they are using an Alexa SXT (http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa). Not sure of exact version. Will let you know about aircraft scenes when my guy finds out.

For the non aircraft scenes they are using an Alexa SXT (http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa). Not sure of exact version. Will let you know about aircraft scenes when my guy finds out.
That's good. The video quality for the flying aircraft scenes should be on-par with the stuff here:

Honestly, if it means they'll need to take their time - like 1-2 years - then so be it. They should aim at making this a genuinely memorable film.

Back
Top Bottom