What's new

A jet built by China and Pakistan may soon be the most widely operated combat aircraft in the world

did you even read that source?

"The aircraft does not even have an effective beyond-visual-range (BVR) missile or airborne interception radar."

the source says no BVR, well okay. but it also says no airborne interception radar which is literal BS, since that would mean the jf-17 is literally incapable of air to air combat.

then it says "the European Union imposed sanctions against the Myanmar military"... "The trade embargo also makes it impossible for the Myanmar military regime to directly buy missiles and bombs for its JF-17s."
what? since when does eu sanctions prevent china from sending missiles

also your source is
"The Irrawaddy was founded in 1993 by a group of Burmese journalists living in exile in Thailand"

literally anti-government exiles in another country, citing completely unnamed/unverifiable sources for its news.

Comprehension issues?

The critical part of the JF-17 avionics is the China-made KLJ-7 Al radar, which has poor accuracy and maintenance problems, analysts say. The aircraft does not even have an effective beyond-visual-range (BVR) missile or airborne interception radar.

Oh yeah... sorry source isn't Chinese for the wumaos to believe 🤏

Good question, but I ask, with what yard stick does a Pakistani measure progress? Because if it is the Western yard stick, then we are most certainly going in the wrong direction. For the West is been built on the blood and bones of other nations and it is only the Western so-called civilization that has sought to impose itself upon others and forced other nations to become like the West.

Western World in Post World War II times?

If you think that only the West is built on the blood and bones of other nations and it is only the Western so-called civilization that has sought to impose itself upon others and forced other nations to become like them, then your homework is GROSSLY INCOMPLETE. You need to study GLOBAL HISTORY for a change.

Western World in Post World War II times?

If you think that only the West is built on the blood and bones of other nations and it is only the Western so-called civilization that has sought to impose itself upon others and forced other nations to become like them, then your homework is GROSSLY INCOMPLETE. You need to study GLOBAL HISTORY for a change.

My friend, I have studied history, not only of the West, but also the East. As for the phrase of empires built on the blood and bones of other nations, I target the West because when they colonized a part of the world, they did not leave until and unless, they put in place institutions that would ensure that they (the colonized people) become carbon copies of themselves (colonialists). This has never happened before in history, in terms of size Britain was the largest empire ever. Whereas the Americans HAD near total dominance over the world.

Romans did not loot and plunder the people they conquered nor did they force people to become like them, if you've studied history you would know that. Same as the Persians. But what the anglo-saxon have done is colonize and plunder the wealth of the people they colonize.

Native Americans, Zulu, Indian Weavers, Bengalis, massacred enmass and subjugated to follow their will. Romans didn't change the system of life of the German tribes, Gauls, Egyptians, Jews and other territories. For Britain you have India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Australia, Canada, New Zealand. For America, Natives, Hawaii these people have been suffocated into subjugation. And the people of Bikini Islands? What about them?

Last edited:
The job of enemy is to hurt you.

Question remains, what are we (as Pakistanis) doing to retaliate? Have we done introspection? Have we fixed mess in our country? Look at the streets of Israel and how they keep stolen-land from Palestinians.

Tel Aviv is actually one of the uglier cities in Israel.

Question:

- Can Pakistan produce military grade steel for weaponry, avionics etc.?
- Can Pakistan create a jet engine or piston engine, even for smaller drones?
- Can Pakistan develop code / integrate missiles in F-16?
- Can Pakistan build combat ships instead of relying on China?

When was the last time Pakistan achieved breakthrough in science and technology (except AQ Khan, Munir Khan nukes)?

Poora mulk imports pe chal raha hai, aur batein dekho !@#$

Literacy rate touching rock bottom
Hi,

That thought occured to me thins morning---.

It was due to a different education system that we had---Prior to Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto nationalizing colleges and schools .

That man destroyed our eductaion system---our engineering industrial base---our agriculture---and anything that was for the good of the country to make it progress---Z A BHutto destroyed that base---.

And not to mention a better and friendlier parting of ways with the then East Pakistan now Bangladesh.

It is incumbent upon us, as Muslims, as Pakistanis, to analyze what we are confronted with as a nation. Both internally and externally.

Truly, that's probably why the Afghans while hiding from US/NATO in caves, when they popped out, by some miracle, they found $85 billion worth of military hardware!!!! How dare the Afghans hide in their caves or dig their own graves!!!

If $90 million per aircraft cost is for the purchaser, then why were the french so desperate to sell Rafales? Dunno if you followed the military news in the last 20 years, but they (french/brits) were at each other's throats trying to sell typhoons and rafales to the Middle East and India.

And what about F-22 Raptor? At one point the aircraft costed $200 million per unit!!! And the serviceability of the aircraft was astronomical, to the extent that they're now going to retire the aircraft in the next few years.

Sorry my friend, but that logic of expensive equipment is utter nonsense. Nazi Germany had superior tanks and were the first ones to field a jet engine fighter, yet they got pummelled by the Soviets.
Keep believed the in your own BS, it will let you no where except failure and defeats.

US and Brits were meticulous in dismantling and taking anything of value under their use. Every is either packed, destroyed or transferred to ANA.

Now if you believe old ANA M-16s, and other small arm along with their beat up hummves , and ford 4x4 cost $85 then you are mistaken. Total cost to Built and trained at a two-decade cost was $83 billion. That’s equates to $4 billion per/yr. Which is peanuts for country with a GDP of $23 trillion. Small town or a university in US has a budget large than this.

Dollars is world reserve currency, regardless of equipment cost, US can print dollars at will and buy raw resources from anywhere in the world. Germans neither has land or unlimited resources. No other country can print dollars at will. So $200 million or billions is just a number.

Only thing you will achieve with this mentality is losing dozen mediocre Jet to a single high tech jet. 24-0, that’s what USMC F-35 did to non-stealthy jets in an air battle exercises.

Keep believed the in your own BS, it will let you no where except failure and defeats.

Is this how you behave when you are at a disagreement in a discussion? How awful for you.

US and Brits were meticulous in dismantling and taking anything of value under their use. Every is either packed, destroyed or transferred to ANA.

Really? Does that include UH-60 helos and Humvees also? The ANA you speak of so confidently doesn't exist anymore as they were defeated by the Mujahiddin. So all that military hardware left to the ANA was miraculously teleported back to america and britain?

Now if you believe old ANA M-16s, and other small arm along with their beat up hummves , and ford 4x4 cost $85 then you are mistaken. Total cost to Built and trained at a two-decade cost was $83 billion. That’s equates to $4 billion per/yr. Which is peanuts for country with a GDP of $23 trillion. Small town or a university in US has a budget large than this.

It is the United States Congress that came out with the figure of $85 billion, not me. You might want to petition them for accountability to their claim.

Dollars is world reserve currency, regardless of equipment cost, US can print dollars at will and buy raw resources from anywhere in the world. Germans neither has land or unlimited resources. No other country can print dollars at will. So $200 million or billions is just a number.

The USD became the world reserve currency (post 1973) once the Saudis along with the other GCC states agreed to sell their oil only in USD.

Today, Saudis are arranging an agreement with China to sell their (Saudi) oil in Chinese Yuan.

Qatar has also signed deals with China to become a "clearing hub" for Chinese Yuan. The volume of currency at this Doha-Remnibi hub is worth ¥35 billion, similar amount to the Dubai-Remnibi hub currency swap volume. This is aside from the fact that Qatar signed a 27 year deal with China to sell it $60 billion worth of gas.

Similar deals are taking place with other countries like India and others.
And the point for posting these arguments is that the USD's supremacy is steadily and resolutely diminishing across the planet. With it, american dominance is also diminishing.

You remember 2003 American-British invasion of Iraq which based on the lie that Saddam had WMD? Yeah that invasion happened without the authorization of the UNSC. No country had the balls to challenge America on its invasion of Iraq. Fast forward 2022, Ukraine is getting butt-whooped by Russia as the Russian military has absorbed five regions (Zaparojhe, Donestk, Lugansk, Kherson and Crimea) and no one, I repeat no one has the balls to challenge Russia in battle.

America is showing itself to be a broken bull desperately trying to avoid any direct fight with Russia.

Only thing you will achieve with this mentality is losing dozen mediocre Jet to a single high tech jet. 24-0, that’s what USMC F-35 did to non-stealthy jets in an air battle exercises.

Twist of irony? F-35 "Lightning lls" cannot fly in weather conditions where there maybe lightning. The flight restrictions were imposed by the Pentagon since June 2020!!

The vaunted "stealth coatings" on the F-35 Lightning ll seem to peel off when the aircraft is in supersonic flight.

So let me just finish this post by saying that I am not a person who goes on a rant because I hate the West. I do my research, I verify the information whether it is authentic or not (which is a challenging task in itself) and base my discussions on a principle that it is a discussion and not mud slinging back and forth.

If wish to discuss the subject, I am more than open to engage. But if you resort to using language like "if you believe the bullshit " then let me save you the trouble of replying to my post .... I end such matters, right there and then.

Ma'assalamah!

Last edited:
very ambitious and hard to achieve goal, considering the number of F-16 produced till 2018 was around 4100 aircraft

Romans did not loot and plunder the people they conquered nor did they force people to become like them, if you've studied history you would know that. Same as the Persians. But what the anglo-saxon have done is colonize and plunder the wealth of the people they colonize.

where do you study your history ?

Back
Top Bottom