What's new

Turkish TV series set to break YouTube record

I have seen only clips and it indeed does look good. Lot better than anything Bollywood churns out and I certainly think it is better our masses get addicted to Turkish culture. I regard Turkey as a success story and of all the countries I would like Pakistan to ape Turks. As a secularist more so. However the point I was alluding to is the only reason our lot are going wobbly over this is because it is 'packaged' as "Muslim".

The other day I was reading comments from Paks on the actors/ress that play in Ertugrul. I could not laughing at the shock our lot were exhibiting on seeing them dressed as 'goray' and dancing like 'goray' and no differant from Paris, London etc.

The shock on these simpletons was palpable. They expected them dressed in burga and following their husband or father ......

It's actually nice. But I agree. I don't understand how we're supposed to relate to it, and why Government is throwing something foreign so high in the air, instead of investing in our culture and history.

This Government (and Army), I feel, are very, very religious. Although PTI claims to be a right-centered party, and I believed that, my opinion on it over a year has changed and I think it is a far-right party if anything.

I used to joke that get a bottle, piss in it. And then give it French sounding name like "Eau de blah blah" and you could sell it for $$$s. Get a junk car and give it a Italian name like Escapio De loren and you could sell it for $$$$$. Now I have another one. Make a TV series and jusat give it a Muslim sounding name. Theme it as "Muslims" and you would have 200 million Pakistani's in ecstasy.

"This woz us bro"

lolz you are right mr ghazi this was us back then. but where is indus valley civilisation?

I know its showing Turkish perspective, but you have to see it from a different perspective, I think the government is trying to educate Pakistani's, how back then within a family, tribe or clan their were traitorous acts that destroyed nations or came close and how these actions could effect the overall population. More so I believe they are trying to building a unifying Muslim view.

lol :yay: the irony of it we are using technology and platform developed by the same people to spread the TV series which shows we fought against them bravely in the past.

I have seen only clips and it indeed does look good. Lot better than anything Bollywood churns out and I certainly think it is better our masses get addicted to Turkish culture. I regard Turkey as a success story and of all the countries I would like Pakistan to ape Turks. As a secularist more so. However the point I was alluding to is the only reason our lot are going wobbly over this is because it is 'packaged' as "Muslim".

The other day I was reading comments from Paks on the actors/ress that play in Ertugrul. I could not laughing at the shock our lot were exhibiting on seeing them dressed as 'goray' and dancing like 'goray' and no differant from Paris, London etc.

The shock on these simpletons was palpable. They expected them dressed in burga and following their husband or father ......
this is what concentrated dose of religion does to you. As said by our commander in chief during German security conference 2018.
https://securityconference.org/en/m...jihadism-after-the-caliphate-1645-17-02-2018/

Did not know your great-grandad was a Yilmaz Mehmet Bey from Anatolia. Or are you disowning your own great-grandad does and adopting another as your great-grandad.

And let me say again I am all for Turkey and Turkish. Hopefully one day Islamabad will be another Turkish delight like Istanbul ~ my favourite city in the world. It would constipate lot of people when Pakistan begins to shape up like a Adana Kebab .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am watching this and the struggles of the Turks then is the same as muslims today.

1. Traitors at the heart of government
2. Infighting
3. Kaffirs have leverage
4. We are still brave alhumdulillah

Reminds me of what Alexander the great said
'I would rather have an army of sheep led by a lion than an army of lions led by sheep'

I know Pakistan army is full of lions. But not all commanders are lions and certainly not the politicians

Love Ertugrul series and highly recommend everyone to watch it.
This series is very similar to Pakistani culture, values, tradition, language and Islam.

@Indus Pakistan

From Mughals to Tipu Sultan, all Muslim Indian rulers (with a few notable exceptions) paid homage to Ottoman Khalifa

After the demise of Shah Alam II even the khutba (Friday prayer sermon) was read in India in the name of the Ottoman Khalifa.

'Khalifa' had always been considered a symbol of unity among Muslims. The creation of Pakistan was indeed the culmination of a process that derived all of its sustenance from the idea/theory of Indian Muslim Nationalism which was partly inspired by the Khilafat Movement

Letter written by Mughal emperor Humayun to ‘Suleiman the Magnificent’ :

Gifts of sincere wishes to your exalted majesty the possessor of the dignity of Khilafat, the pole of the sky of greatness and fortune, the consolidator of the foundations of Islam.Your name is engraved on the seal of greatness and in your time the Khilafat has been carried to perfection. May your Khilafat be perpetuated. God be praised that the gates of victory are opened by the eyes of His inspiration and His dispensation the seat of the Sultanate and the throne of the Khilafat of the realms of Hind and Sind is once again graced by a monarch (Humayun) whose magnificence is equal to that of Sultan Suleiman the magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom