What's new

Team of Dirilis Ertugrul excited over overwhelming response in Pakistan

Why so much fuss over Ertugal. No one said anything over hollywood and bollywood content but suddenly ertugal is a threat? Treat it like every other movie and drama

well because the confused PM-of pakistan asked the tv channels to air it in urdu,
while many muslim countries like saudia, UAE, egypt haa banned it completely.

Nice ploy to impose a certain definition of Islam by mass propaganda.

Enlightened moderation for everyone

well because the confused PM-of pakistan asked the tv channels to air it in urdu,
If people like this show good for them, if they don't its not a problem either. So what if IK talked about this show? did no previous Pakistan leader/politician or media ever directly or indirectly promoted foreign content like bollycrap either via their interviews (about how they spend time listening to songs/movie) or by using their songs as background music? Did those muslim countries you mentioned also ban bollycrap/concerts or is it something sacred?

Pakistanis needed a break from all those saas bahu bhabhi dewar dramas...

The thing is anything else doesn't take off because its production quality is low, and Pakistan doesn't have experience. Need to, for once, invest heavy and bring foreign producers, editors, and directors to not only make it happen but also pass on the experience and skill to our national industry producers, editors and directors.

I am secular liberal and I have no problem with Ertugral series.

You are one weird fellow. Previously, you had Brunei's flags and was calling yourself an honounary Pakistani citizen and were judging liberal Pakistanis left, right and centre and was questioning their patriotism continously till the day you were banned for months for your extremist views. And here you are back with Bangladeshi flags.

@El Sidd, yeh banda kon hai aur iss ka agenda kya hai?

He wants to liberate Dhaka from Xulm and Ilhad

By sowing seed of discord among Pakistanis?

He should be kicked out.

Sowing seeds of discord? dude what happened? did the lockdown get to you?

let him liberate Dhaka why bother.

While the Historical Period Dramas are OK and should be promoted like Ertugral and some other shows related to Ottoman History but Keep away from other Turkish Productions they are meant for Domestic consumption of their Population try pushing them here results wont be better than the Bollywood shit.

There is also a Qatari Production about life of Hazrat Umer (R.A) PTV should Air it too. PTV gets a lot of money it should invest in similar domestic Production Hire foreign consultants if the ones at home are not up to the mark but try to bring up your own History.

As for the Regular Productions Look at the Iranian Television and Film Industry they make quality content with good story lines all because Government of Iran has made regulations about what they can show and what not and the Censor Board there is strict enough to Implements them. Make shows With which people can relate with and learn from it. These Sas Bahu, Second marriage divorce bullshit is destroying the minds of those who consume it. Make shows about Child abuse, Overspending, Effects of Divorce on Children, Extramarital Affairs and their Consequences. Make some Crime Dramas about hunting Notorious Gangster and Terrorist so people actually learn the consequences of certain action they take.
Somethings I personally want to See are.
  • A Biographical Series on Jinnah and Formation of Pakistan.
  • Agartala Conspiracy Case and the Mistakes we made that lead to Fall of Dhaka.
  • A spy Series based on Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan and What our boys did there is something i personally want to see.
  • Air Campaign During 65 and Feb 27.
  • Sinking of INS Kurki.
  • Building the Karakorum Highway.
  • Project 706 and Missile Progrm.
  • War in the Tribal Belt and KPK.
  • Covert Operations in Bosnia.

All these would make Great stories only if Idiots sitting at PTV had Brains.

Last edited:
What Iranian shows are good? I’ve only seen Children of Heaven (90s masterpiece). Everyone keeps saying Iran makes good content, but never recommends or mention any by name?

Did you know that Turkish series Diriliş: Ertuğrul is banned in Egypt, Saudi Arabia & UAE? It is a series that romanticizes & whitewashes the barbaric, criminal Ottoman Empire & reminds modern day Islamists of the good ol' times when they could still rape, pillage & take slaves.

Trying to attach yourself to the history of other people while being completely ignorant about your own is just sad

lol.. they banned it because other reasons, not because of some bullschit you're trying to spread. If only the Ottoman Empire were as barbaric as the French/Portuguese/British Empire, half of Europe, Africa and Gulf would be speaking Turkish today.

kadi umeed di shama vi jala leyo

have some hot n spicy.
EXmElARWoAAISoS

Love it. Love it that Paks are gonna catch the Turkish fever mediating the Saudi fever. Then love it even more when they see Turks up close. They will be like "goray westoxified liberals". Shock !

@OsmanAli98

*Pakistani dude-Oh my gosh this Ertugrul series has taught me a lot of the glorious Turkish Islamic History

*Turkish actor/actresses-Wanna have some Raki dude wears a western style suit,and fellow actresses wears a scandalous evening gown.

*Pakistani-Wot in taranations is this you haram khor,gora wannabe,

Pakee dude leaves but faps to actreses in the series

Seriously WTF....

First , Indian entertainment was the opium and now it is Turkish.

Shaan Shahid was right , instead of focusing on your own people and industry , we promote foreign material over here.
I mean I understand liking foreign material in an organic fashion but why the hell is state endorsing it ?
This is my gripe here those people who complained about the Indian Series and Indian Bollywood,in the 2000s and early 2010s are basically lapping up Turkish soft power like damsels Wow how the tables have turned
this is an exaggerated example but..

View attachment 631090

Pakistani Dramas are addictive and we have atleast one great drama running on tv everyweek throughout the year. Competition is healthy and we need to watch whats being shown around the world. Shaan needs to stop embarrassing himself. Pagal admi.

No the Shaan dude has a point the Indian industry was bad enough but now you want some gora wannabe Turks peddling their soft power no wonder Pakistanis are confused asf

Did you know that Turkish series Diriliş: Ertuğrul is banned in Egypt, Saudi Arabia & UAE? It is a series that romanticizes & whitewashes the barbaric, criminal Ottoman Empire & reminds modern day Islamists of the good ol' times when they could still rape, pillage & take slaves.

Trying to attach yourself to the history of other people while being completely ignorant about your own is just sad

I mean practically every empire in the Middle Ages be it Islamic or non Islamic had a lot of wrong doings and atrocities no doubt

Embrace your own history (starting with great Indus civilization, etc) & shed Stockholm Syndrome.

It's funny we complain so much about how other Muslims have fallen and become more liberal but fail to reliaze that the Turks are practically the most liberal and secular country in the Islamic world

It's because our media is outright dogshit.

I blame the so called artists. The producers, directors and actors who collaborate to regular generate content which is of the lowest quality.

Govt is no responsible for providing you shugal mela. If Pakistanis are bored I suggest they read books.

If Pakistanis had any ounce of pride they should stop larping about we wuz Turks we wuz Persians we wuz Arabz and be proud of what we are

Lol my reply triggered Pakistanis in my Mentions today. Why? Because I made a remark on the barbaric history of - not Pakistan - but Ottomans. I've never seen such a confused nation

Normal country-what how dare you insult and criticize my nation

Pakistanis-How dare you insult Turkey or China they are our brothers and shiettt,you are Indian or Iranian agent

1000x agree

by Enlightened moderation u mean
moulana tariq jamil, in morning.
and Sunny Leone in evening.

Eheeee

I am secular liberal and I have no problem with Ertugral series.

You are one weird fellow. Previously, you had Brunei's flags and was calling yourself an honounary Pakistani citizen and were judging liberal Pakistanis left, right and centre and was questioning their patriotism continously till the day you were banned for months for your extremist views. And here you are back with Bangladeshi flags.

@El Sidd, yeh banda kon hai aur iss ka agenda kya hai?

Dude a few months back he was b...tching about how the Turks were westernized gora Raki slugging people and how Ataturk was bad and evil now shrills for their propaganda

The thing is anything else doesn't take off because its production quality is low, and Pakistan doesn't have experience. Need to, for once, invest heavy and bring foreign producers, editors, and directors to not only make it happen but also pass on the experience and skill to our national industry producers, editors and directors.

Excuses Pakistanis are good at excuses thats it

While the Historical Period Dramas are OK and should be promoted like Ertugral Keep away from that other Turkish Productions they are meant for Domestic consumption of their Population try pushing them here results wont be better than the Bollywood shit.

There is also a Qatari Production about life of Hazrat Umer (R.A) PTV should Air it too. PTV gets a lot of money it should invest in similar domestic Production Hire foreign consultants if the ones at home are not up to the mark but try to bring up your own History.

As for the Regular Productions Look at the Iranian Television and Film Industry they make quality content with good story lines all because Government of Iran has made regulations about what they can show and what not and the Censor Board there is strict enough to Implements them. Make shows With which people can relate with and learn from it. These Sas Bahu, Second marriage divorce bullshit is destroying the minds of those who consume it.

Yes Turkish shows are much more westernised in detail and have the same love story nonsense yet Pakistanis complain about their own productions

An amazing series that change my life and the way I think even. May Allah bless Imran Khan for bringing it to Pakistan. By the time 5 seasons end, the Pakistani nation will be transformed with Islamic morality and values. What the British tried their best to eliminate will in'sha'Allah return.

Bro it's just a TV show like Games of Thrones nothing special get some fresh air and weren't you criticizing the Turks a few months ago for having Ataturk as leader and them being liberal.

*complains about the British and Indians for going against Pakistani and Islamic values forgets that Turks are hardcore Kemalists and with more Turkish content the opposite might occur lel

What Iranian shows are good? I’ve only seen Children of Heaven (90s masterpiece). Everyone keeps saying Iran makes good content, but never recommends or mention any by name?
I will mention the most recent ones i have watched.
The Salesman.
A Separation.
Zero Degree Turn.
Tried watching Enigma of shah but stopped due to exams never went back cant say much about it.
About Elly Asghar Farhadi is a great director anything he makes is good.

Back
Top Bottom