What's new

Team of Dirilis Ertugrul excited over overwhelming response in Pakistan

Seriously WTF....

First , Indian entertainment was the opium and now it is Turkish.

Shaan Shahid was right , instead of focusing on your own people and industry , we promote foreign material over here.
I mean I understand liking foreign material in an organic fashion but why the hell is state endorsing it ?

this is an exaggerated example but..

D8EFE008-A020-4DCD-AC68-C3308F5947E9.jpeg

Pakistani Dramas are addictive and we have atleast one great drama running on tv everyweek throughout the year. Competition is healthy and we need to watch whats being shown around the world. Shaan needs to stop embarrassing himself. Pagal admi.

Team of Dirilis Ertugrul excited over overwhelming response in Pakistan
The makers of the Turkish series have reacted to the overwhelming response to the serial. They say the team of Dirilis Ertugrul is excited to receive an enormous response from the audiences in Pakistan. PTV and TRT are looking forward to setting a record of most new subscribers on YouTube in a month.

News Desk
Team-of-Dirilis-Ertugrul-excited-over-overwhelming-response-in-Pakistan-696x365.jpg

The makers of Turkish serial, Dirilis Ertugrul, have expressed joy over the serial’s soaring popularity in Pakistan. Having being broadcasted in several countries in multiple languages, Pakistan’s state-owned media channel PTV is broadcasting the serial in the Urdu language now. PTV began its broadcast from 1st Ramadan.

Dirilis Ertugrul (Ertugrul Ghazi) has brought massive viewership to PTV in the past two weeks. With the larger-than-life depiction of Muslim warriors and rulers, serial Ertgurul Ghazi has become a craze in Pakistan.

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/...cited-over-overwhelming-response-in-pakistan/

Did you know that Turkish series Diriliş: Ertuğrul is banned in Egypt, Saudi Arabia & UAE? It is a series that romanticizes & whitewashes the barbaric, criminal Ottoman Empire & reminds modern day Islamists of the good ol' times when they could still rape, pillage & take slaves.

Trying to attach yourself to the history of other people while being completely ignorant about your own is just sad

Because Pakistani dramas and films are bakwas. PTV should play more translated Turkish and other countrys dramas. And should make new dramas

I beg to differ. It might not be to your taste as most dramas do have some sort of love angle and home politics. Rightnow, Pyar ke Sadkay and Yeh Dil Mera are going good.

In an ideal world, we would like Diriliş type master pieces made in Pakistan - Turks know this art like BLOW MY MIND good. So lets stop competing and aspiring to be them. Make good content at home and talk less. Thats what we do best - Tajziya. Tabsara. Aloo ghost.

Embrace your own history (starting with great Indus civilization, etc) & shed Stockholm Syndrome.

As Muslims our discourse has been reduced to reminiscing a glorious past which will one day be restored and instantly resolve all of our problems. Just an excuse for not lifting our sorry bums and contributing to this world

Embrace your own history (starting with great Indus civilization, etc) & shed Stockholm Syndrome.

As Muslims our discourse has been reduced to reminiscing a glorious past which will one day be restored and instantly resolve all of our problems. Just an excuse for not lifting our sorry bums and contributing to this world

Have you seen any example of such content being made in Pakistan before? I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon this Geo production called Mor Mahal. I couldn’t unsee what I saw. Sniffing roses, giggling kaneezen, fanning.. I don’t understand when channel spend time making such things..

I don’t know what this drama is based on - what they were trying to achieve

Seriously WTF....

First , Indian entertainment was the opium and now it is Turkish.

Shaan Shahid was right , instead of focusing on your own people and industry , we promote foreign material over here.
I mean I understand liking foreign material in an organic fashion but why the hell is state endorsing it ?

It's because our media is outright dogshit.

I blame the so called artists. The producers, directors and actors who collaborate to regular generate content which is of the lowest quality.

Govt is no responsible for providing you shugal mela. If Pakistanis are bored I suggest they read books.

Pakistans history begins when the British gave independence. Thats what our schools teach us. Slaves being freed. We are never told of the time the brits bowed before the emporer of this land. Turks embrace their history. It's good.

Why don't you make a drama to compete with it and then complain if nobody airs it.

In Pakistani books history starts from Indus valley civilization. Gupta empire arrival of Islam colonial era Pakistan movement. And history of Pakistan from after 1947. I have studied all of this. And even if these things are not taught everything has access to Internet and books they themselves can study the history who is stopping them

I don't watch dramas. Have watched few episodes bahut boring hotay hain.

I don't know which school u went to but that's not the case. Most student wouldn't even have the stamina to go through all that. Most Pakistanis don't know about Indus Valley or Gupta empire. Pakistani history starts with jinnah. But I applaud ur school for teaching u.

Why don't you make a drama to compete with it and then complain if nobody airs it.
Lol my reply triggered Pakistanis in my Mentions today. Why? Because I made a remark on the barbaric history of - not Pakistan - but Ottomans. I've never seen such a confused nation

Back
Top Bottom