What's new

Turkish TV series set to break YouTube record

@Indus Pakistan

From Mughals to Tipu Sultan, all Muslim Indian rulers (with a few notable exceptions) paid homage to Ottoman Khalifa

After the demise of Shah Alam II even the khutba (Friday prayer sermon) was read in India in the name of the Ottoman Khalifa.

'Khalifa' had always been considered a symbol of unity among Muslims. The creation of Pakistan was indeed the culmination of a process that derived all of its sustenance from the idea/theory of Indian Muslim Nationalism which was partly inspired by the Khilafat Movement

Letter written by Mughal emperor Humayun to ‘Suleiman the Magnificent’ :

Gifts of sincere wishes to your exalted majesty the possessor of the dignity of Khilafat, the pole of the sky of greatness and fortune, the consolidator of the foundations of Islam.Your name is engraved on the seal of greatness and in your time the Khilafat has been carried to perfection. May your Khilafat be perpetuated. God be praised that the gates of victory are opened by the eyes of His inspiration and His dispensation the seat of the Sultanate and the throne of the Khilafat of the realms of Hind and Sind is once again graced by a monarch (Humayun) whose magnificence is equal to that of Sultan Suleiman the magnificent.

Do you know the original language of the letter ? Is it Arabic or Turkish ? Quite curious to know common language used on that time by various Islamic Kingdom across the Muslim World to communicate to each other.

idea/theory of Indian Muslim Nationalism which was partly inspired by the Khilafat Movement
The very idea of Indian Muslim nationalism is flawed.

• Muslim - A follower of a global faith with no know limits, knowing no boundaries, supra-national in that religion is above nations and nationalism. In Islam there is only Dar al Islam. Brotherhood of Muslims.
  • Nationalism - is a secular construct which is based on a geography with boundaries that excludes some and includes others.
So exactly how you can marry the first with the second is beyond me. It is simply a contradiction. You can either have Muslim nationalism which is another synonym for the ummah and open to ALL Muslims. Citizenship is contingent on your faith that is being Muslim.

Did not know your great-grandad was a Yilmaz Mehmet Bey from Anatolia. Or are you disowning your own great-grandad like a harami does and adopting another as your great-grandad.

And let me say again I am all for Turkey and Turkish. Hopefully one day Islamabad will be another Turkish delight like Istanbul ~ my favourite city in the world. It would constipate lot of people when Pakistan begins to shape up like a Adana Kebab .....

what a tit i was being sacastic.

That is expected. Wonderful acting, wonderful scenario.

images

The very idea of Indian Muslim nationalism is flawed.

• Muslim - A follower of a global faith with no know limits, knowing no boundaries, supra-national in that religion is above nations and nationalism. In Islam there is only Dar al Islam. Brotherhood of Muslims.
  • Nationalism - is a secular construct which is based on a geography with boundaries that excludes some and includes others.
So exactly how you can marry the first with the second is beyond me. It is simply a contradiction. You can either have Muslim nationalism which is another synonym for the ummah and open to ALL Muslims. Citizenship is contingent on your faith that is being Muslim.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/what-does-are-you-a-muslim-first-or-mean.610039/page-2#post-11311636

Do you know the original language of the letter ? Is it Arabic or Turkish ?

Probably Turkish. As Chagatai Turkic was the mother tongue of those who founded Mughal Empire in India

I am not gona watch all the episodes all the way, i am just watching youtube clips story wise the way I watched GOT. Much less time consuming..

btw Turgut Alp was a beast, can't find much about him on the net but what i do find is that beast lived over 125 years and died in a battle with his legendary Axe.. he was a bad *** grandpa... Don't know why the series killed him early in his prime... he outlived Ertugrul by 35 years..

I used to joke that get a bottle, piss in it. And then give it French sounding name like "Eau de blah blah" and you could sell it for $$$s. Get a junk car and give it a Italian name like Escapio De loren and you could sell it for $$$$$. Now I have another one. Make a TV series and jusat give it a Muslim sounding name. Theme it as "Muslims" and you would have 200 million Pakistani's in ecstasy.

"This woz us bro"
I think "Hold The Door" type TV series suits you well.. such series does give a hard boner or two almost every episode.. spoiler alert* Ertugrul has no such boner scenes... so i understand the frustrations..

it is very boring after few firsth episode.same stupid thigs keep happens over over again:) first of all it is too long they could make it shorter but guality...

Diriliş Ertuğrul is one of the best TV series ever produced. It will educate our youth as well as the elders to get a hold on the historical perspective which we are carrying. The war of ideology we have to fight is that one elaborated in this series.

It explains everything. The crusaders were sponsoring all the terrorism and in my humble opinion the crusades are still going on and the battle of Armageddon will be fought on the conclusion. The past, the recent past, the current havoc being unleashed on Muslim world and the prophecies are all there to teach us our purpose of living.

Iman, Taqwa, Jihad Fi Sabil Allah!

The best thing about the programme is that it shows how they lived like riding horses, swords, survival in the forrest, tents etc. i think this should be taught to children like horse riding and using bow/arrow, swords,axes, etc. today kid will only know how to power on thier fone to ring thier uncle for help.

Diriliş Ertuğrul is one of the best TV series ever produced. It will educate our youth as well as the elders to get a hold on the historical perspective which we are carrying. The war of ideology we have to fight is that one elaborated in this series.

It explains everything. The crusaders were sponsoring all the terrorism and in my humble opinion the crusades are still going on and the battle of Armageddon will be fought on the conclusion. The past, the recent past, the current havoc being unleashed on Muslim world and the prophecies are all there to teach us our purpose of living.

Iman, Taqwa, Jihad Fi Sabil Allah!

vatican rome crusaders, they are at the top of the pyramid.

Its funny how people here are complaining..when you produce garbage you leave a void.mother nature fills vaccum.. law of nature.. before it was the Indians now its the Turks.
Still i would say any day better than the bollywood crap.

Back
Top Bottom