What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Ok then, my suggestions would be:

@Krptonite
@Nilgiri
@jbgt90

No need to consider this as a vote but purely as a suggestion. I also think it that all adherents of the code should get the opportunity to be a part of this committee on a periodic basis. A switch after every 15/30 days would also be preferable.

I get the feeling nobody is very keen on having a formal monitoring group. People seem to prefer self-monitoring, or buddy-monitoring. Reactions, please?

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Gentlemen,

There is a clear feeling that we need no supervision or oversight of our code, and that members may tag each other, on this thread, as a maximal step. That is reasonable. Let us stick to self-monitoring and buddy-monitoring, in that case.

Those listed above are considered to be voluntary subscribers to the code.

@itsanufy

How about you?
I believe that would be good. After all what we must wish for is self-moderation. The members should keep the CoC in mind while posting and regulate oneself accordingly.

Ok then, my suggestions would be:

@Krptonite
@Nilgiri
@jbgt90

Meanwhile, will the three gentlemen above give their consent to helping out?

This is, of course, subject to our generally agreeing to retain the monitoring team idea.

No need to consider this as a vote but purely as a suggestion.

All members, not just Indian members, not just subscribing Indian members, are free to comment at any time, or make any suggestions that they think to be useful. Please feel free.

I believe that would be good. After all what we must wish for is self-moderation. The members should keep the CoC in mind while posting and regulate oneself accordingly.

Agreed.

This is, of course, subject to our generally agreeing to retain the monitoring team idea.

All members, not just Indian members, not just subscribing Indian members, are free to comment at any time, or make any suggestions that they think to be useful. Please feel free.

Agreed.
This is an optimistic initiative joe, I'd be glad to help it along.

Will most certainly help when I can.

I feel it will likely shake out as everyone in the volunteered cadre (and even those outside it) here can all be the eyes and ears....and resolve things in-situ in various threads (with the nudge etc you speak of)...on top of keeping code and common sense in mind..rather than have a special brigade for extensive watchman duty etc.

Above that, I propose Xeuss, shantanu, krptonite, jamahir, myself and yourself (if interested...and anyone else that feels up for it and agreeable enough to the cadre) can be something of arbiters here in this thread where any higher order issue gets brought up (say something repeatedly going on, or someone feels it cant be resolved "in-situ" normally).

We are all fairly active at the present, all seem fairly responsible and attuned to wanting to improve the overall respectability of the indian group here..... and very importantly our various positions and perspectives broadly differ and are diverse enough (and we seem to know each others positions pretty well by now) so there is no inbuilt systematic bias for arbitration.

This arbitration group can change as activity levels change in the course of a year and longer etc....and other responsible members can be nominated by one leaving or by the larger cadre etc.

jbgt90 is very fit for this role too....but bit more of rarity on this forum in general.

We'll figure anything else out maybe as we go along.

I saw an old friend of mine @hembo pop into forum, I am tagging him to see what his take/non-take is on all of this if he is interested in having a read and chat about it.

This is an optimistic initiative joe, I'd be glad to help it along.

Great.

What we need is a tagged message within this thread, not the original where an overstepping of the code takes place. A VERY polite message, of course; hardly needs saying. Let us try this provisionally and see how members react.

Remember, we are NOT setting up a parallel team, just a cooperative of like-minded members of absolutely equal status.

Thanks.

Will most certainly help when I can.

Great.

Please read my post to @Krptonite. I hope you will consider that appropriate. Let us try this on a provisional basis.

Above that, I propose Xeuss, shantanu, krptonite, jamahir, myself and yourself (if interested...and anyone else that feels up for it and agreeable enough to the cadre) can be something of arbiters here in this thread where any higher order issue gets brought up (say something repeatedly going on, or someone feels it cant be resolved "in-situ" normally).

I would like to return - with urgency - to my real tasks, to complete a narrative about 1965, taking up the role of the Indian I Corps this time, for @PanzerKiel comments (he has already illuminated various passages, and you must have read and enjoyed them); next, there is something very simple that has to be said about Indian capabilities in a particular type of futuristic hybrid warfare: on that, I would actually like your active involvement. Finally, I would like to return to Robert Thompson, and to a book called Crimson Tide, all about the Indian experience in counter-insurgency, that is so radically different, and yet so similar, to the Pakistani experience. I just hope @jaibi will hold still for that long.

So, if wanted by others, I am available, but my normal focus of attention will be elsewhere. This is really for members to make happen by themselves, not through a bunch of patricians telling the plebs what to do :D

I feel it will likely shake out as everyone in the volunteered cadre (and even those outside it) here can all be the eyes and ears....and resolve things in-situ in various threads (with the nudge etc you speak of)...on top of keeping code and common sense in mind..rather than have a special brigade for extensive watchman duty etc.

Yes, that's the way it's going.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

I re-read our posts back and forth and feel that I should make my position clear.

You - and every other member whatsoever - are perfectly free, indeed, welcome to browse this thread and comment, as is the norm for the Forum. I say that for the sake of politeness; you have the right as a member, and I don't need to extent that right to you, for it is not for me to do that.

If you receive a robust reply, I hope you will not take it as hostility or a refusal to interact; that is not the intention - not my intention, at any rate - and I hope you will not face a negative attitude from any of us at any time.

Our views don't coincide; that much is quite clear by now. That should not mean that you cannot write whatever you please to me, or that I may not respond in a civil, courteous manner. If I fall short of this, you are cordially invited - most cordially invited - to point it out immediately. You made a valid point, and you will kindly notice that immediately that was taken on board and acted upon. Any constructive suggestion you make will be dealt with by us in the same spirit of cooperation.

Looking forward to your next post, and with best regards.

I would like to return - with urgency - to my real tasks, to complete a narrative about 1965, taking up the role of the Indian I Corps this time, for @PanzerKiel comments (he has already illuminated various passages, and you must have read and enjoyed them); next, there is something very simple that has to be said about Indian capabilities in a particular type of futuristic hybrid warfare: on that, I would actually like your active involvement. Finally, I would like to return to Robert Thompson, and to a book called Crimson Tide, all about the Indian experience in counter-insurgency, that is so radically different, and yet so similar, to the Pakistani experience. I just hope @jaibi will hold still for that long.

So, if wanted by others, I am available, but my normal focus of attention will be elsewhere. This is really for members to make happen by themselves, not through a bunch of patricians telling the plebs what to do :D

Yah I plan to be busy/focused on cpl spots mostly away from the usual forum drama that involves most Indian members too....incl doing the maps eventually for that stuff you are doing in that thread with panzer.

I think any arbitration requirement here (i.e physically brought up here in thread, after someone sees the need to bring it up here) will be super rare to begin with....a hunch I have. But in that super rare instance, we may need some form of sound resolution that needs the 2 - 3 "patricians". It wont be something thats a repetitive time-sapping thing that comes up. This forum is first thing a place to have some fun and pleasant well-rounded interaction after all.

I think any arbitration requirement here (i.e physically brought up here in thread, after someone sees the need to bring it up here) will be super rare to begin with....a hunch I have. But in that super rare instance, we may need some form of sound resolution that needs the 2 - 3 "patricians".

Completely agree.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Gentlemen,

There is a clear feeling that we need no supervision or oversight of our code, and that members may tag each other, on this thread, as a maximal step. That is reasonable. Let us stick to self-monitoring and buddy-monitoring, in that case.

@itsanufy

How about you?
I see it very revolutionary step for the betterment of this forum, so every discussion can have manner and sensitivity.
At least Indian members are taking some positive steps for the forum. Expecting others too do it. All credit goes to Sir @Joe Shearer

I see it very revolutionary step for the betterment of this forum, so every discussion can have manner and sensitivity.
At least Indian members are taking some positive steps for the forum. Expecting others too do it. All credit goes to Sir @Joe Shearer

No, to our resident Bull in a China Shop, @Shantanu_Left. :enjoy:

Sir I think I speak for sir @PanzerKiel and myself when I say that we're all in for these discussions.
Great.

What we need is a tagged message within this thread, not the original where an overstepping of the code takes place. A VERY polite message, of course; hardly needs saying. Let us try this provisionally and see how members react.

Remember, we are NOT setting up a parallel team, just a cooperative of like-minded members of absolutely equal status.

Thanks.

Great.

Please read my post to @Krptonite. I hope you will consider that appropriate. Let us try this on a provisional basis.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

I re-read our posts back and forth and feel that I should make my position clear.

You - and every other member whatsoever - are perfectly free, indeed, welcome to browse this thread and comment, as is the norm for the Forum. I say that for the sake of politeness; you have the right as a member, and I don't need to extent that right to you, for it is not for me to do that.

If you receive a robust reply, I hope you will not take it as hostility or a refusal to interact; that is not the intention - not my intention, at any rate - and I hope you will not face a negative attitude from any of us at any time.

Our views don't coincide; that much is quite clear by now. That should not mean that you cannot write whatever you please to me, or that I may not respond in a civil, courteous manner. If I fall short of this, you are cordially invited - most cordially invited - to point it out immediately. You made a valid point, and you will kindly notice that immediately that was taken on board and acted upon. Any constructive suggestion you make will be dealt with by us in the same spirit of cooperation.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Gentlemen,

@itsanufy

How about you?
I will abide by it.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

Please rein in some of your more controversial posts in the future, and please do not play these games of tagging others and destroying the purpose of this forum.

We are always ready to overlook, to turn a new leaf, it is part of our faith and Pakistani culture.

I am a bit cautious of you from past experiences, but no longer am I a new member, I feel like I have found my place on this forum.

This goes to all Indian members, it is never too late to change. However minimal respect of Islam and Pakistan must be there, only then can we have healthy discussions on this forum.

It is great that so many Indian posters are volunteering to keep this site clean for ALL posters. I don't want any arbitration committees or other committees, but if that is what the other members think is necessary to keep this place disinfected, I have no objection. The whole idea of this CoC is to practice self-censorship.

I am also in favour of mentioning any code violations in this thread itself, rather than derailing the actual thread. Just mention the arrogant user by name, and tag any other volunteers. Being flagged in this thread itself is a rebuke, and no further action is necessary. The offending user will get the message and is expected to immediately control his tongue. He may not behave, but our aim is not to police his thoughts. But to bring about a peaceful change in his heart. There may not be any change on the ground, so let the offending user continue with his vile insults and demeaning comments. Our strength lies in not giving in to this click-baiting.

This is also by definition, the Gandhian-Nehruvian approach of managing hostile actors: everyone should be self-reliant and self-motivated. A Satyagraha was never MODERATED by Gandhiji. He just gave the general guidelines. Oppose British tyranny using sit-ins, hunger strikes, public shaming and mass protests.

If successful, I would want our peaceful movement to be EXPORTED to other Indian Internet sites dominated by Modi-Sanghi ideologies which crush all opposing views. In an age of information warfare, do not underestimate the strength of anarchic counter-revolutions like these. You don't have to be great to be a leader, you have to be a leader to be great. :yahoo:

Say no to monitoring and policing, say yes to fighting fascist ideologies in your own sweet manner.

Back
Top Bottom