What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

I vote "Yes".

Mai Shantanu the Great, yay kasam khaata hoo, kay iss code of conduct ki har line par aitbaar karonga, aur apnay posts ko behtareen banaonga.

LOL.

You are a ham! (no religious slur intended :p:)

Do you think asking subscribers to mention their membership in their signatures is a good idea? Something like your signature.

I have left it as loose and accommodating as possible; making it tight at the outset will lose it its possible support.

No problem, that's the spirit anyway. But how do we make sure every Indian poster has access to it? Having it on signature like I am having. Or perhaps, a sticky with the help of mod's.

No problem, that's the spirit anyway. But how do we make sure every Indian poster has access to it? Having it on signature like I am having. Or perhaps, a sticky with the help of mod's.

Once we have ten members on board, we should approach the admin. for their support. Be assured, they are watching with interest (and with some amusement).

THIS IS A DRAFT FOR COMMENT, AND DELIBERATELY KEPT SHORT AND SIMPLE. IT IS TO BE HOPED THAT THE LANGUAGE USED IS ALSO SIMPLE AND CAN BE READILY UNDERSTOOD. PLEASE MAIL YOUR COMMENTS. SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS CODE IS THE NEXT STEP, NOT THIS ONE, WHICH IS ONLY FOR COMMENTS.

This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1) We will not abuse another member’s religion.

2) We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.

3) We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as

a) Sanghi

b) Bhakt

c) Sickular

d) Libtard

4) We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source.

5) We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.

In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.

6) We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;

a) It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.

7) We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.

a) On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.

b) We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.

c) We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.

8) We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.

a) The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.

9) We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.

a) The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.

b) In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.

10) We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.

The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members, some of whom are listed below.

Great initiative :tup:

LOL.

You are a ham! (no religious slur intended :p:)

Do you think asking subscribers to mention their membership in their signatures is a good idea? Something like your signature.

Yes, it's a good idea. Good way to keep track.

As you said the code is "aspirational". It should come off voluntarily...not enforced.

All the points were nicely drafted with very easy language. Great job! Please mention the final draft in your OP, page 1.

I vote yes, too, subject to any modifications that may surface.

Any changes?

It's perfectly fine with me. No changes suggested at least for 2-3 months this looks great. We will review it again, but not every single time. That too review should bring minor changes, not major.

Just make sure to spread the word properly.

All the points were nicely drafted with very easy language

@jbgt90

Kindly note. Your extremely harsh strange language about my English writing ability refers.

No changes suggested at least for 2-3 months this looks great. We will review it again, but not every single time.

Indeed.

As we go forward, we can have a suggestion box to accumulate suggestions and review them and the code working periodically.

You have my vote. Though not being able to call a Sanghi a Sanghi is a sore point with me.

Look on the bright side. They don't get to call you a "Jihadi" anymore either. Everyone wins. See, Big Bad Joe has thought for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom