What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

@Joe Shearer you’re a good human being and I understand your urge to create this code to sow seeds of harmony. But I think this is a lost endeavor.

It doesn't matter!

We do our best, irrespective of whether or not we are likely to win our objectives.

BTW, where were you all this time?

I don’t know who you are, nor have I interacted with you in the past, but you Sir have just gained my utmost respect!
Literally verbalized my feelings.

He's marvellous, isn't he?

Unfortunately, as much as I think this is a good gesture, I’ll follow my own code, one that takes the reality of this place into account, but making sure that I represent my uprbringing, my family and nation in the best way possible. Other than that, appeasement is not my cup of tea.

LOL.

Nobody will be terribly surprised if the end result is rather like the code being discussed above.

Go for it.

It doesn't matter!

We do our best, irrespective of whether or not we are likely to win our objectives.

LOL.

Nobody will be terribly surprised if the end result is rather like the code being discussed above.

Go for it.

Come on Sleepy Joe, still no guidelines from our Captain! :mad: Get this over with, what are you waiting for? Get everyone's John Hancock's or Henry's or whatever. We don't need everyone on board, just enough people on board! Get a mod or two involved if can spare just a little time.

Personally I don't want to contribute any posts in this forum till the civilized people assume charge. I am sure more people like me will be dissuaded in the absence of a code of conduct.

About time to make changes!

It doesn't matter!

fair enough Joe.
No harm in trying, and I support your endeavors, since the objective here is harmony and peace. Keep on keepin on!

I also would like to apologize that I didn’t respond to your previous message. Unfortunately the thread got locked before I could respond to you.

I think I mentioned in my last post to you that work has been like a flood (in a good way) since the lockdown.
I’m in the middle of one of the biggest projects, that if handled correctly and executed right, could take my family’s business in the US to a new level.
I’m currently putting my entire focus on this and have tried to shut out all distractions, including removing myself from all social media, forums etc that were sort of my passing entertainment when working. Today is Sunday so I decided to “cheat“ and browse PDF.
I’m officially only lurking now.

Golf is probably the only “distraction” I’ve allowed myself during the lockdown (play twice a week at 6 am religiously), given my other love squash is not available due to my buildings gym being in lockdown as well.

Hope you are keeping well my friend.
Also hoping you have had relief from the issue you mentioned in your post (that I couldn’t respond) and more importantly that you’re healthy and keeping safe from this pandemic

I was pleasantly surprised! I haven’t interacted with this gentleman before but hope we have more like him on both sides of the border.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Go for it.

you’re right, we are probably aligned in thinking for the most part. I suppose the only place we differ in thought is that we HAVE to “show” respect because we are on a Pakistani site.

I think respect has to be shown to actions and words of the individual rather than the collective.

Overall you want a media print houses as sources those who suits your narrative and play with India's interests. Do you even know from where these media houses got funding you mentioned?
I am witnessing a sheer hypocrisy here.
When Indian members are devided itself in groups on an another particular country's forum, then why do you are expecting a good treatment for Indian memberd?
Mods here treat you well unless you are writing something which suits their narrative, this is why those members who talk something positive about India, got banned.
This what you call a discussion forum where opposite veiws are not tolerated?? Lol
LOL... That aptly applies to you and your lot. Atleast the print and media houses he mentioned are recognized for their authenticity world over. They display ethics unlike other mass media houses. Did you ever care to check where the funding for the Godi media houses come from? I've seen Sanghi cutlets over here openly abusing Indian muslims and look out for any chance to go after them on this forum. Were Indian muslims not Indian enough for them? Please advise this to these cutlets first about "Indian members are devided itself". Then we can speak... Atleast the mods here let the Sanghi cutlets speak and express. Go to forums like Bharat Rakshak etc and you will find bigoted Hindus abusing Indian muslims in the most vile language. So please dont sermonize...

Last edited:
I don't like excluding people based purely on nationality but 99% of threads have an Indian troll coming and derailing it

We want to avoid that. What nobody is saying, and this is laughable, is that we also would like the courtesy returned.

Just look at this thread as an example (your post expressly excluded).

LOL... That aptly applies to you and your lot. Atleast the print and media houses he mentioned are recognized for their authenticity world over. They display ethics unlike other mass media houses. Did you ever care to check where the funding for the Godi media houses come from? I've seen Sanghi cutlets over here openly abusing Indian muslims and look out for any chance to go after them on this forum. Were Indian muslims not Indian enough for them? Please advise this to these cutlets first about "Indian members are devided itself". Then we can speak... Atleast the mods here let the Sanghi cutlets speak and express. Go to forums like Bharat Rakshak etc and you will find bigoted Hindus abusing Indian muslims in the most vile language. So please dont sermonize...
Kiddo, don't play this Hindu-Muslims card with me. I have enough blames on you. You are not saint here. I have seen your hate and victim playing.
So stop this nonsense and stay on the topic. We are not discussing Hindu Muslim here.

Come on Sleepy Joe, still no guidelines from our Captain! :mad: Get this over with, what are you waiting for? Get everyone's John Hancock's or Henry's or whatever. We don't need everyone on board, just enough people on board! Get a mod or two involved if can spare just a little time.

Personally I don't want to contribute any posts in this forum till the civilized people assume charge. I am sure more people like me will be dissuaded in the absence of a code of conduct.

About time to make changes!

I'm drafting the code. Just relax. We're not waiting for people to come on board, not at all.

@Joe Shearer

I think there is enough summary now. Looks like at least 7-8 people have given their express approval, and others are in tacit agreement. I am in a hurry but for the sake of brevity and in simple English, here are the guidelines. Whenever there is a violation in future, gently remind the concerned user about violation of code number #. For example, if some user keeps on insisting to post from the vile tabloid trash OpIndia, it's a violation of code number #4.

1) No religious abuse: No Indian poster should make any Islamophobic or Hinduphobic remarks.

2) No profanity: No Indian poster should use abusive words in Hindi or English. Respectful rivalry is way more entertaining than just swearing at each others moms.

3) Be hospitable and friendly to Pakistani posters: it's their forum, not ours. We are guests here. So don't insult their country, religion, Founder, and any national symbols/icons. Do not make any posts comparing India to Pakistan.

4) Use neutral international media sources for all discussions: acceptable international media outlets include BBC, CNN, Guardian (UK), Independent (UK), USA Today, Washington Post, Reuters, Associated Press, Agence France Presse etc. Most Indian media sources are acceptable where there is no intent of trolling, or making inflammatory contents.

Please avoid Indian media sources which marginalize, bully, and attack Indian Muslims. WhatsApp forwards, BJP IT cell tweets, OpIndia etc. are therefore, not desirable. Whenever you want to share a story presented in an Indian media outlet, cross-check to ensure that even international media outlets are covering that story. Wikipedia is an unacceptable source. If you see any contents from these outlets, ignore them, or block the users. If there are too many instances of spamming from unacceptable sources, those users will be reported to the moderators.

5) No Personal attacks/off-topic posts: Don't attack any posters personally. Don't change the discussion with off-topic rants. Stop getting baited by any comments- this is not a social media website.

6) Do not make too many assumptions: Dont gloat until a topic is concluded. Stop making hyperbolic assumptions.

7) Provide evidence where possible. Try to provide reasonable evidence for your argument.

8) Always agree to disagree. Don't be a typical South Asian where a disagreement is often considered a personal insult and an attack on the person. Just disagree and move on.

9) Steer clear of racist bigots. There are a few on this forum. Ignore them, and do not entertain their racist posts with a reply. You cannot change them so don't even try. Report to the mod's for serious violations.

10) Responding to one-line insult. Most of us are not mature enough to ignore the one liners, insults to our country, political affiliations. It is perfectly normal to feel angry. If you can't resist replying, do hit the ignore button on the user.

11) Stay silent if there you have nothing interesting to say. If nothing meaningful can be added, stay silent. Recognise that people can disagree with you and are allowed to dislike and vent about you. Not every provocation or India-bashing thread requires an internet warrior to defend our country

--

Consequences for violating the code of conduct: This code of conduct is only applicable to users who identify with Indian flags, or consider themselves Indian in any way. There is no real penalization but consistent violations of one or more code numbers will have your posts reported, eventually leading to warnings and bans. More importantly, you'll find yourself alone as noone will reply to your posts in future. These are common sense rules, so be a gentleman and play by the rules. At the end of the day, the code is more like guidelines than actual rules. So enjoy yourself in this forum, but just remain respectful.

----

That's it. Go edit this and post it in your OP account. I will put a link to the code on my signature once you do that.

I don't have an issue with productive comparisons of India and Pakistan.

On that note, you guys should also stop quoting Indian sources when it suits your narrative

Such things are not limited to Indian media... some people discredit GLOBAL TIMES too ;) ... if not suits their narrative...

How do I handle PDF now a days...

1. Don't view a thread if title EXPLAINS the INTENTION.

2. No reply to trolls... but I sometimes break this rule.

3. Have accepted that this is not a forum as it was before... and Pakistani and Chinese trolls have a neverending rope.

4. I just click on like post's link... never on quoted posts...

I don't have an issue with productive comparisons of India and Pakistan.

Those topics are one-dimensional troll pits. Our people (of both countries) are just not capable of having such discussions in an amiable spirit.

I'm drafting the code. Just relax. We're not waiting for people to come on board, not at all.

Hurry...hurry...hurry. I'm watching over you.

Just a joke. Take your time.

I would also like people to stop using words like Sanghi, Bhakt, Mullah, etc. People nowadays just like to paint the brush for a person without actually looking at what he wants to say. These words should be banned.

Others can feel free to add a list of words that you find personally offensive.

To your list I want to add NDTV, The Hindu, The Wire, Quint.
I personally find 'The Wire' very unreliable as I came across plenty of articles with a lot of fishy stuff. Having said that, I still wouldn't want it to be banned as not all the news are the exaggerated and faulty types. We shouldn't ban any news outlet as such and instead, people can actually discuss whether something is true or not. There shouldn't be an outright ban on anything. And I don't know too much about Quint, Hindu, etc.

I think respect has to be shown to actions and words of the individual rather than the collective.
Hear hear!

THIS IS A DRAFT FOR COMMENT, AND DELIBERATELY KEPT SHORT AND SIMPLE. IT IS TO BE HOPED THAT THE LANGUAGE USED IS ALSO SIMPLE AND CAN BE READILY UNDERSTOOD. PLEASE MAIL YOUR COMMENTS. SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS CODE IS THE NEXT STEP, NOT THIS ONE, WHICH IS ONLY FOR COMMENTS.

This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslim Indians)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  6. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members, some of whom are listed below.

1. @alhindi
  2. @Avatar
  3. @BL33D
  4. @cloud4000
  5. @dharmi
  6. @Dustom999
  7. @IMARV
  8. @itsanufy
  9. @jamahir
  10. @jbgt90
  11. @Joe Shearer
  12. @Krptonite
  13. @KhanBaba2
  14. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  15. @meghdut
  16. @mig25
  17. @Naofumi
  18. @Nilgiri
  19. @Novice09
  20. @Peshwa
  21. @Raj-Hindustani
  22. @scorpionx
  23. @Secularindian
  24. @Shantanu_Left
  25. @sms
  26. @Surya 1
  27. @swnjo
  28. @Syama Ayas
  29. @TheGreatMaratha
  30. @The_Showstopper
  31. @Zapper

Last edited:
THIS IS A DRAFT FOR COMMENT, AND DELIBERATELY KEPT SHORT AND SIMPLE. IT IS TO BE HOPED THAT THE LANGUAGE USED IS ALSO SIMPLE AND CAN BE READILY UNDERSTOOD. PLEASE MAIL YOUR COMMENTS. SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS CODE IS THE NEXT STEP, NOT THIS ONE, WHICH IS ONLY FOR COMMENTS.

This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1) We will not abuse another member’s religion.

2) We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.

3) We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as

a) Sanghi

b) Bhakt

c) Sickular

d) Libtard

4) We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source.

5) We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.

In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.

6) We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;

a) It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.

7) We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.

a) On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.

b) We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.

c) We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.

8) We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.

a) The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.

9) We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.

a) The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.

b) In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.

10) We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.

The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members, some of whom are listed below.

I vote "Yes".

Mai Shantanu the Great, yay kasam khaata hoo, kay iss code of conduct ki har line par aitbaar karonga, aur apnay posts ko behtareen banaonga.

Back
Top Bottom