What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

You can raise your voice anywhere in India. But this is not what we are discussing here. This is PDF. People are here trying to malign India's name through propaganda and some Indian members are supporting these propaganda here on PDF just because they fear to be banned.

Do you feel good when some people here spread propganda against India through unreliable sourse?

Brother, I have read through a couple of Indian forums like Bharat Rakshak and a Facebook group. They are toxic and not conducive to a relaxed intellectual talk.

Yes, certain non-Indians speak unnecessarily negatively against India but we have to counter them through sensible talk. In fact many Pakistanis on this forum are not aware of progressive activism in Pakistan !

We should use this forum to create an online progressive platform that will allow members to be more progressive in their offline lives.

There is a similar FB page which is an offline movement too - Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace and Democracy.

Let us use this international forum to exchange positive views of each others' countries and learn from each other.

He's a clickbait. His comments are so prickly that you're forced to react. Nowadays he plays by the rules but still manages to get a rise out of many Indian posters. But be stronger, and resist yourself.

Agreed.

To maintain balance you must aid India today, times of India and Times now too as sources.

TOI is okay.

Didn't you start the topic discuss about media sources?
Ajai Shukla is the main source here on PDF nowadays for some Indian members too, let alone Pakistani members.
BTW I also don't consider Opindia as sources. To maintain balance you must aid India today, times of India and Times now too as sources.

This is not an Indian forum therefore, only international media outlets are valid. It's like a cricket match where you bring international umpires.

Indian media outlets sources such as India Today, Times of India are valid (much less, Times Now which is another vile outlet) if the same story can be backed by a reputed international source as well.

A lot of India news sources including the formerly reputed ones such as NDTV have become peddlers of fake news, so their authority has become very weak. But if an international outlet is also confirming the same story, I don't see a problem in mentioning an Indian source.

OpIndia and BJP IT cell tweets are UNACCEPTABLE in any form. They're 100% fake news.

@jamahir let's not derail this topic but I'll say this:

Tragedies and human suffering are part of existence, the human condition. It is unreal to hope for some political system to fix these things. Doing away with hunger is something we should all be concerned about but it happens in the west too. That woman didn't die entirely in vain, her passing seems to have affected you (and many others I'm sure) deeply. Now you need to think about more effective ways to try and ensure this doesn't happen too many more times.

baaki in some other thread we'll play this boring test match again lol

Most of us have a consensus that OpIndia is the most third-class stupid source, not even worthy of use as toilet paper. End of discussion. Don't divert the topic. You can discuss Ajai Shukla in another thread.
Most of you on the LEFT have that consensus maybe, don't speak for all Indians. Personally I'm not too familiar with them, they're not super well known or a big media house anyway.

"not even worthy of use as toilet paper."

many on the other side of the spectrum could say the same about scroll, wire, quint etc

Thought you were transitioning from being a provocateur to a..... non-provocateur ? :P

OpIndia and BJP IT cell tweets are UNACCEPTABLE in any form. They're 100% fake news.
Debunking is more effective than de-platforming/censoring.

This is not an Indian forum therefore, only international media outlets are valid. It's like a cricket match where you bring international umpires.

Indian media outlets sources such as India Today, Times of India are valid (much less, Times Now which is another vile outlet) if the same story can be backed by a reputed international source as well.

A lot of India news sources including the formerly reputed ones such as NDTV have become peddlers of fake news, so their authority has become very weak. But if an international outlet is also confirming the same story, I don't see a problem in mentioning an Indian source.

Congress and AAP IT sell are OK for you?
If you are trying to be neutral . Be good one.

@jamahir let's not derail this topic but I'll say this:

You've been consistently derailing this thread from the 1st page itself.

"not even worthy of use as toilet paper."

many on the other side of the spectrum could say the same about scroll, wire, quint etc

True. That is why an insistence on an INTERNATIONAL media outlet for most stories. Make sure they're not from India, Pakistan, or China. It's like an international cricket match where you need neutral umpires.

In practice, many Indian media sources such as The Wire, The Hindu, Indian Express, Telegraph, have much higher editorial standards and acceptability compared to OpIndia. When in doubt, use an international media outlet preferably.

Congress and AAP IT sell are OK for you?
If you are trying to be neutral . Be good one.

OK, you got me. This is a Pakistani website. Islamophobic content will not be tolerated. Deal with it. You don't like this rule, no one is stopping you from going to Bharat-Rakshak or other Indian sites.

Brother, I have read through a couple of Indian forums like Bharat Rakshak and a Facebook group. They are toxic and not conducive to a relaxed intellectual talk.

Yes, certain non-Indians speak unnecessarily negatively against India but we have to counter them through sensible talk. In fact many Pakistanis on this forum are not aware of progressive activism in Pakistan !

We should use this forum to create an online progressive platform that will allow members to be more progressive in their offline lives.

There is a similar FB page which is an offline movement too - Pakistan-India Peoples' Forum for Peace and Democracy.

Let us use this international forum to exchange positive views of each others' countries and learn from each other.

Agreed.

TOI is okay.
I don't have any problem to exchange postivity with each member unless they don't abuse my country.
Do you remember what Mr. Vajpai once said, " Sarkaare aati rehegi or Jaati rehegi. Ye desh rehna chahiye. "
I am not here for BJP . I care only for India.
BTW my own brother is in Cogress but sometimes I don't support him either when I talk about India's interests.

3) Be hospitable and friendly to Pakistani posters: it's their forum, not ours. We are guests here. So don't insult their country, religion, Founder, and any national symbols/icons. Do not make any posts comparing India to Pakistan.

Vehemently absolutely without a shadow of a doubt disagreed and to such an extent @Joe Shearer that i had to post. :D

First of all this line of thinking is wrong and should not have a place in this moral code of conduct. Concepts like their and ours are exactly what is peddled by posters you disagree with then why do you agree on this point. Both Pakistani and Indian users use this 'our forum' excuse as a means to declare themselves first class citizens at their respective domains and curtail the voices and rights of those that are not in the group. We have a group of Pakistani posters here trying to justify extreme action against Indians by highlighting how this is their forum and they are temporary guests thus should be penalized severely or they should be careful. You agree with those of such thinking? you made this code of conduct exactly to stand different from those Indians and are echoing their thinking. No you people are not guests here but are equal members of this forum and as equal members you have the same rights as a Pakistani member whether those rights are implemented or not is another argument. In fact the thing about such rights is that even with consent, you cannot forgo them and this has been echoed by the jurists of both India and Pakistan. Sorry but i disagree with number 3. The commentary needs to be changed. Be hospitable and be friendly but not because you are guests or are in foreign territory but because such is the teaching and raising of you forefathers, of your mothers, of your elders and of your society in general. You need to word it like that and this is where the second problem comes.

You see the thing about moral code is that it draws its power and energy from 'the right thing or action'. That is the center of all morality. You cannot create a moral code based on immoral elements. You see you worded that

We are guests here. So don't insult their country, religion, Founder, and any national symbols/icons.

So does that mean that in your domain, you can commit these acts and that would justified. Doing that would mean that places like Bharat Rakshak, IDF, or strategic are justified since its their domain and they can say all the stuff they want and if you condemn them and they say that we stuck to point 3 on PDF but here we are not guests but in our home so we can abuse. You see through this reasoning point 3 just lost all relevance and the code of conduct that you wish to create an impact with immediately took a major hit.
Its the same concept as would a person be considered foul mouth if he acts like a gentleman in his neighbors home but at his place he abuses like there is no tomorrow. I would not call that man a gentleman and would call him foul mouth. He is completely in his right to do that but remember you guys arent making laws but a code of moral conduct. In that such an action is not justified and if it is not justified then it cannot find place in your moral code of conduct.

I know i dont have a standing in this discussion but i appreciate the effort and take it as my view point. It would decrease the impact. Dont treat this place as foreign nor belittle yourself as guests if you wish to stay here. Stand tall and proud and if you are going the whole extra mile to make this code then clearly you are not some temporary guest since it would have been much easier to fill the ignore button or simply leave.

This is what i believe. In the end its you guys who are making the code and its your call

You've been consistently derailing this thread from the 1st page itself.

True. That is why an insistence on an INTERNATIONAL media outlet for most stories. Make sure they're not from India, Pakistan, or China. It's like an international cricket match where you need neutral umpires.

In practice, many Indian media sources such as The Wire, The Hindu, Indian Express, Telegraph, have much higher editorial standards and acceptability compared to OpIndia. When in doubt, use an international media outlet preferably.

OK, you got me. This is a Pakistani website. Islamophobic content will not be tolerated. Deal with it. You don't like this rule, no one is stopping you from going to Bharat-Rakshak or other Indian sites.
But you didn't get me. Where I said that I want to write Islamophobic contents? I never want to indulge in religious conversation unless someone force me to do that.
Religions are not in my priorities to discuss here.

The need for international media to confirm local happenings sounds absurd.

Probably best to go through a variety of news sources, read as many narratives and counter narratives as you can and then try and make your own conclusions.

Vehemently absolutely without a shadow of a doubt disagreed and to such an extent @Joe Shearer that i had to post. :D

First of all this line of thinking is wrong and should not have a place in this moral code of conduct. Concepts like their and ours are exactly what is peddled by posters you disagree with then why do you agree on this point. Both Pakistani and Indian users use this 'our forum' excuse as a means to declare themselves first class citizens at their respective domains and curtail the voices and rights of those that are not in the group. We have a group of Pakistani posters here trying to justify extreme action against Indians by highlighting how this is their forum and they are temporary guests thus should be penalized severely or they should be careful. You agree with those of such thinking? you made this code of conduct exactly to stand different from those Indians and are echoing their thinking. No you people are not guests here but are equal members of this forum and as equal members you have the same rights as a Pakistani member whether those rights are implemented or not is another argument. In fact the thing about such rights is that even with consent, you cannot forgo them and this has been echoed by the jurists of both India and Pakistan. Sorry but i disagree with number 3. The commentary needs to be changed. Be hospitable and be friendly but not because you are guests or are in foreign territory but because such is the teaching and raising of you forefathers, of your mothers, of your elders and of your society in general. You need to word it like that and this is where the second problem comes.

You see the thing about moral code is that it draws its power and energy from 'the right thing or action'. That is the center of all morality. You cannot create a moral code based on immoral elements. You see you worded that

We are guests here. So don't insult their country, religion, Founder, and any national symbols/icons.

So does that mean that in your domain, you can commit these acts and that would justified. Doing that would mean that places like Bharat Rakshak, IDF, or strategic are justified since its their domain and they can say all the stuff they want and if you condemn them and they say that we stuck to point 3 on PDF but here we are not guests but in our home so we can abuse. You see through this reasoning point 3 just lost all relevance and the code of conduct that you wish to create an impact with immediately took a major hit.
Its the same concept as would a person be considered foul mouth if he acts like a gentleman in his neighbors home but at his place he abuses like there is no tomorrow. I would not call that man a gentleman and would call him foul mouth. He is completely in his right to do that but remember you guys arent making laws but a code of moral conduct. In that such an action is not justified and if it is not justified then it cannot find place in your moral code of conduct.

I know i dont have a standing in this discussion but i appreciate the effort and take it as my view point. It would decrease the impact. Dont treat this place as foreign nor belittle yourself as guests if you wish to stay here. Stand tall and proud and if you are going the whole extra mile to make this code then clearly you are not some temporary guest since it would have been much easier to fill the ignore button or simply leave.

This is what i believe. In the end its you guys who are making the code and its your call

This is a very beautiful post, and you are a wonderful human being. App ko to Farishta hona chahye tha.

But in reality, nations and borders do exist. Besides we cannot enforce these rules on Pakistani posters without their being abusive exchanges. We can only control our Indian posters.

But your views are very enlightened. You'll have great company with the likes of @Joe Shearer
I will also buy you a beer for being such a progressive person. Please don't change.

Then the central government should have deputed people to ensure such tragedies don't occur.
Were you not the one to falsely claim during the recent cyclone that India doesn't have any shelters built like Bangladesh? That alone shows how much you know about our country and where your allegiance lies.

Not suggesting anything per se, but if the forum wants honest Indian opinions, obvious false flaggers need to be muted. Applies to a lot of other Indian members, falsely cultivated personas don't stand the test of scrutiny.

Were you not the one to falsely claim during the recent cyclone that India doesn't have any shelters built like Bangladesh?

I don't think I ever falsely claimed something. I probably would have said something like "To the extent of my knowledge". If you know of such shelters then please do post pictures or at least an article link.

That alone shows how much you know about our country and where your allegiance lies.

My allegiance within India and outside lies with progressive people and movements.

Vehemently absolutely without a shadow of a doubt disagreed
:cheers:

I know i dont have a standing in this discussion
You very much do, sir.

Much appreciated input and I agreed a 100%. Joe saab means well but Mr Left here comes off preaching ideas about being a good slave and take a beating because you deserve it because of who we elected into power. Cheer for when they burn your flag and embrace the smears.

He's a good example of when far left people go insane, like some white liberals have in the US lol

We have a real Indian Muslim here, probably most left wing person on this forum, and even he hasn't had as bad a nasty go at India and Hindus, not the right wing government or voters, mind you, but the country as a whole.. as Mr Left here.

God knows what he's trying to do with all this virtue signalling here.

If you know of such shelters then please do post pictures or at least an article link.
So you are not aware of any government built cyclone shelter homes in the East Coastal states of India?
I don't think I ever falsely claimed something.
Do you want me to reproduce your post? If you are an Indian at heart, you don't put your country down on an enemy forum by propagating falsehood, irrespective of your political affiliation.

Back
Top Bottom