What's new

Some Properties in Islamabad: Input Needed!

I want to buy in Islamabad myself to live in but not these housing societies possible the F sector or the G sector or maybe a plot if thats a little cheaper i have family who own houses in the blue zone

Hello,
Some months ago wife and I went to Pakistan and we really fell in love in Islamabad. And I am thinking about buying some investment and/or an eventual retirement home there. Here is a search at Zameen.com:

https://www.zameen.com/Houses_Property/Islamabad-3-1.html?price_min=4971929&price_max=6991775

I was told that ISB is very expensive--too expensive--but then I look at something like this:

https://www.zameen.com/Property/dha...ey_8_marla_home_for_sale-20284051-3226-1.html

and at $40,000 doesn't seem to bad?

What's the catch here? Any recommendations for area and ROI value?

Thanks!

Bani Gala and Adjoining areas would be cheaper. Not to forget the scenery.

Was this your first time there?

Okay, will look up those areas. And I don't think some distance from the center of ISB would be too much; I don't foresee everyday commute to the center of ISB for me. More like an investment property or eventual retirement place.

Not actually the first time in ISB but in a way yes: Many years ago (I think 1990/91!) went there and stayed in Quaid e Azam University's hostel for 1-2 days as part of a Karachi University science conference group; I don't think got to see much in ISB. Have almost no memories of that stay there except that, even in the month of May, the tap water felt so refreshingly cold; in contrast, Karachi is horrible in May and I think even tap water was warm!

There are scams so be aware. If u want to buy a house/land in islamabad then u should get the proper islamabad sectors managed by CDA. Those can be very expensive. One other place that i like currently is under development and can be paid in installments and is cheap is islamabad capital smart city project. They jave chinese investments as well and have 2 motorway connections. Its also near to new islamabad airport. They also have a proper computarized system with biometeic and all for owners. Have a big office in G10 i guess.
smart city is also BS its 30km away with 45 minutes drive from Islamabad its even far from pindi . if our beloved uncle want to live i will not even recommend I14 OR I16 but D-12 so he have real plot and in Islamabad and he will have all goodies of islamabad but plot will cost some 1 to 1.20cr

Okay, will look up those areas. And I don't think some distance from the center of ISB would be too much; I don't foresee everyday commute to the center of ISB for me. More like an investment property or eventual retirement place.

Not actually the first time in ISB but in a way yes: Many years ago (I think 1990/91!) went there and stayed in Quaid e Azam University's hostel for 1-2 days as part of a Karachi University science conference group; I don't think got to see much in ISB. Have almost no memories of that stay there except that, even in the month of May, the tap water felt so refreshingly cold; in contrast, Karachi is horrible in May and I think even tap water was warm!
sir investment also should be solid . if you want to invest then do it on CDA sectors or DHA /BRT but with possession plot and after you visit it .

Last edited:
@Imran Khan looking at the map Islamabad is split into like Grid references, G7, F11 whatever.

Is there is a distinction between residential and commercial ones or are they all a mix?

@Imran Khan looking at the map Islamabad is split into like Grid references, G7, F11 whatever.

Is there is a distinction between residential and commercial ones or are they all a mix?
they are separated sir it was decided when sector was planned .commercial - residential - gov offices - grave yard - parks - green belts (molvis occupying it on name of mosque ) schools and plots sizes

f-11.jpg

Area mentioned sounds good ( I think ..) There’s some really good advice in this Islamabad thread and it’s a good topic. Definitely something for overseas Pakistanis & Pakistanis in general to digest.
I don’t know Islamabad but I do know something thing about being scammed by developers be it in Pakistan or Dubai. I know first hand about property being illegally developed on by land mafia while you live blissfully unawares in the US or Europe etc or like making tens of thousands of GBP pounds in payments only to find out company collapsed ( scam) and losing all monies.Like other members have suggested, there’s a definite need to be ultra careful in any transactions. I would definitely get the services of a reputable property lawyer before any endeavour and even then triple check. Make sure any property you do eventually purchase is properly secured before you leave Pakistan. My mistakes in the past was precisely this; didn’t use a lawyer and didn’t visit site beforehand. Saw multiple photographs and took it from other buyers that’s things were fine. These scammers are sophisticated. Even very clever and wizened Pakistanis living in Pakistan get duped.

Area mentioned sounds good ( I think ..) There’s some really good advice in this Islamabad thread and it’s a good topic. Definitely something for overseas Pakistanis & Pakistanis in general to digest.
I don’t know Islamabad but I do know something thing about being scammed by developers be it in Pakistan or Dubai. I know first hand about property being illegally developed on by land mafia while you live blissfully unawares in the US or Europe etc or like making tens of thousands of GBP pounds in payments only to find out company collapsed ( scam) and losing all monies.Like other members have suggested, there’s a definite need to be ultra careful in any transactions. I would definitely get the services of a reputable property lawyer before any endeavour and even then triple check. Make sure any property you do eventually purchase is properly secured before you leave Pakistan. My mistakes in the past was precisely this; didn’t use a lawyer and didn’t visit site beforehand. Saw multiple photographs and took it from other buyers that’s things were fine. These scammers are sophisticated. Even very clever and wizened Pakistanis living in Pakistan get duped.
bani gala is not good area as compare to islamabad . yes its cheap and unorgnised area with lot of issues .if bani gala then better go to B-17 I-16 or GULBARG GREENS

its bad 40000 are not enough sir in CDA sectors . do not fall in trap of societies i can help you in this regards sir .

do you know what is DHA velly ? lolllz its fake scam of dha and bahria and its 50000 mutasreeen waiting since ages to get plots or money .

if you have time keep reading this thread
this project is failed badly .
far away from Islamabad center
disputed land of dam in project
almost all sectors not developed even after 15 years
it is first and last joint project of bahria / DHA and now both did nto take responsibility of it.
cases are in courts
those whom buy files 15 years ago want to sale that piece of paper and get rid of it .
its pure gambling .
https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/dha_valley-5553.html

they have groups and pages of
DHA Valley Islamabad Affectees Association
https://www.facebook.com/dhavalleyi...ngdy0s2AXIfakEy5JK0XEfRtHj6fi2Fmc11E1j3ECpxQo
https://www.facebook.com/DhaValleyVic/

you will be one of them if you fall in this sunk hole sir
What if one buys Land in bharia enclave , B 17 ?

Thank you all.

If I were to buy any property in Pakistan then will not buy a plot ('lot' or 'land', as we say in America); it will be a house, with an eye toward eventual possible move back. I'd like to keep it occupied by trusted friends/relatives.

One of my cousins in Karachi keeps asking me to buy some property there and let him live there until I decide to move back-- i.e if I decide to move back; but then others say that 'possession is half ownership' in Pakistan, right? Once occupied, consider it gone forever? Here in America, one phone call to the authorities, and any non-leased person will be asked to leave your property in 30-days max.

And this thread scares me--looks like fraud is rampant in Pakistani real estate market.

What if one buys Land in bharia enclave , B 17 ?
b-17 ABC blocks are in islamabad capital territory sir rest DEFG are in attock . society is ok and not much expensive . livable for middle class only issue is connectivity . if margalla avenue 2km remaining completed its ideal place .
BT is not all of it in Islamabad capital territory but in rawalpindi
living is nice a bit far away from islo if you go daily .

but anywhere you buy get possession plot and go there stand on plot see left right before you buy .

Thank you all.

If I were to buy any property in Pakistan then will not buy a plot ('lot' or 'land', as we say in America); it will be a house, with an eye toward eventual possible move back. I'd like to keep it occupied by trusted friends/relatives.

One of my cousins in Karachi keeps asking me to buy some property there and let him live there until I decide to move back-- i.e if I decide to move back; but then others say that 'possession is half ownership' in Pakistan, right? Once occupied, consider it gone forever? Here in America, one phone call to the authorities, and any non-leased person will be asked to leave your property in 30-days max.

And this thread scares me--looks like fraud is rampant in Pakistani real estate market.
also houses have issues sir . you have to turn every stone upside down before buying it . and i will not advise to buy and give to someone even brother :lol: . here is pakistan its really serious matter and one should buy clean property with possession and in legal society with all the home work or else he will suffer badly .

do you see video when CDA demolished bahria town properties malls shops and homes ?:rolleyes:

and if you are not coming and have no current plan then why you want to buy just leave it sir . it snot worth really . property prices are not rising now they already went top and relaxed now . keep dollar with you and buy anytime you come here .

and please everyone must check illegal societies list of RDA-CDA before buying anything even if you have plaza 10 floors they will make your life hell or demolish it .
Many housing societies are being constructed in Islamabad without the approval of the Capital Development Authority.

In a report on December 28, it was revealed that only one out of 44 housing societies in Zone 2, Zone 5, and E-11 got its no objection certificate from the development authority.

Below is the list of all the societies which failed to get the approval:

Societies in Zone-2 and E-11

1. Islamabad Cooperative Farming Scheme
    2. Paradise City
    3. Green City
    4. Supreme Court Employees Housing Scheme
    5. Gulshan-e-Rehman
    6. Pakistan Overseas Housing Scheme
    7. Jammu and Kashmir
    8. Services Housing Scheme
    9. Pakistan Town
    10. Federation of Employees Housing Scheme
    11. New Islamabad Garden
    12. RP Corporation

Related: 43 Islamabad housing societies constructed without CDA’s approval

Societies in Zone-5

1. Gulshan-e-Rabia
      2. Gulshan-e-Rehman
      3. Morgah City
      4. Hamza Town
      5. Parliamentarians Enclave
      6. National Cooperative
      7. Media Town
      8. Tele Town
      9. National Police Foundation
      10. Azim Town
      11. Pak PWD
      12. Dhanyal Town/Fiza Town
      13. Pakistan Town
      14. Ghouri Town
      15. Askaria Town
      16. Judicial Employees Housing Scheme
      17. Bankers City
      18. Rasheed Town/Sadozai Town
      19. Bankers Town/Hamza Town
      20. River View
      21. Fatima Villas
      22. Television Media Town
      23. Gulshan-e-Danish
      24. Fiza Town
      25. Aliya Town
      26. Danyal Town
      27. Aiza Garden Mouza Lohi Bher
      28. Sahozai Town
      29. New Model Town Humak/Roshan Enclave
      30. Jinnah Garden-II
      31. National Assembly Mouza Chocha,

The Supreme Court ordered cancellation of the layout of 11 societies, including six in Zone 2 and five in Zone 5. The plan for any society cannot be approved without the permission of the planning division, according to the building control department.
https://www.ammanat.com/approved-housing-societies-in-rda/

Thank you all.

I do not blame you for being scared .. I have just finished a 9 year court case in December 2019 which eventually went to Supreme Court for a verdict in my favour against a sophisticated ‘land mafia group’ I am relieved of course but only I know what it took to get there. A horrible, nasty journey which cost me a shed load of money. This was because I couldn’t remove a scumbag group of fraudsters off my property without going to court. I love the Pakistan countryside and would love to live in a villa on a farm. Unfortunately it’s not that simple is it? Even though I’m put off aspects of today’s Pakistan, I’m still drawn to the country. It would be a good thing if there was an organisation/s that could safely facilitate property purchases. Good luck on your search. If it’s a gut feeling, go for it.

b-17 ABC blocks are in islamabad capital territory sir rest DEFG are in attock . society is ok and not much expensive . livable for middle class only issue is connectivity . if margalla avenue 2km remaining completed its ideal place .
BT is not all of it in Islamabad capital territory but in rawalpindi
living is nice a bit far away from islo if you go daily .

but anywhere you buy get possession plot and go there stand on plot see left right before you buy .

also houses have issues sir . you have to turn every stone upside down before buying it . and i will not advise to buy and give to someone even brother :lol: . here is pakistan its really serious matter and one should buy clean property with possession and in legal society with all the home work or else he will suffer badly .

do you see video when CDA demolished bahria town properties malls shops and homes ?:rolleyes:

and if you are not coming and have no current plan then why you want to buy just leave it sir . it snot worth really . property prices are not rising now they already went top and relaxed now . keep dollar with you and buy anytime you come here .

and please everyone must check illegal societies list of RDA-CDA before buying anything even if you have plaza 10 floors they will make your life hell or demolish it .
Many housing societies are being constructed in Islamabad without the approval of the Capital Development Authority.

In a report on December 28, it was revealed that only one out of 44 housing societies in Zone 2, Zone 5, and E-11 got its no objection certificate from the development authority.

Below is the list of all the societies which failed to get the approval:

Societies in Zone-2 and E-11

1. Islamabad Cooperative Farming Scheme
    2. Paradise City
    3. Green City
    4. Supreme Court Employees Housing Scheme
    5. Gulshan-e-Rehman
    6. Pakistan Overseas Housing Scheme
    7. Jammu and Kashmir
    8. Services Housing Scheme
    9. Pakistan Town
    10. Federation of Employees Housing Scheme
    11. New Islamabad Garden
    12. RP Corporation

Related: 43 Islamabad housing societies constructed without CDA’s approval

Societies in Zone-5

1. Gulshan-e-Rabia
      2. Gulshan-e-Rehman
      3. Morgah City
      4. Hamza Town
      5. Parliamentarians Enclave
      6. National Cooperative
      7. Media Town
      8. Tele Town
      9. National Police Foundation
      10. Azim Town
      11. Pak PWD
      12. Dhanyal Town/Fiza Town
      13. Pakistan Town
      14. Ghouri Town
      15. Askaria Town
      16. Judicial Employees Housing Scheme
      17. Bankers City
      18. Rasheed Town/Sadozai Town
      19. Bankers Town/Hamza Town
      20. River View
      21. Fatima Villas
      22. Television Media Town
      23. Gulshan-e-Danish
      24. Fiza Town
      25. Aliya Town
      26. Danyal Town
      27. Aiza Garden Mouza Lohi Bher
      28. Sahozai Town
      29. New Model Town Humak/Roshan Enclave
      30. Jinnah Garden-II
      31. National Assembly Mouza Chocha,

The Supreme Court ordered cancellation of the layout of 11 societies, including six in Zone 2 and five in Zone 5. The plan for any society cannot be approved without the permission of the planning division, according to the building control department.
https://www.ammanat.com/approved-housing-societies-in-rda/
Really well done.. thank you

Now I will definitely not fall for the trap. These web pages and videos about properties on Zameen.com look so attractive but how can one be 100% sure? What a shame! Overseas Pakistanis could pump in hundreds of millions of $ into Pakistani economy over time but would be too put off by the fraud. Shame, shame, shame!

Imran Bhai: When I am ready then will contact you. You seem like the 'go to' guy on PDF for properties in Pakistan. Thank you!

Zane_1: Sorry to hear of your plight. But glad you eventually got out of the mess.

Bahria - sank
Fazaia - shot down
Dha - lost 50 % of territory

better be safe than sorry stay away there are scams after scams by all above , do not touch any private societies its best to go for ready property only which has a lease

Back
Top Bottom