What's new

Bulldozing the poor of Islamabad to make room for the rich?

Telegraph is barely reporting a report compiled by Mumbai's Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. I doubt officials of this corporation have had a chance to visit Karachi, let alone a report on Orangi.

Well that explains a lot!!

This is good.:tup: Illegally occupy lands & convert them into Katchi abadis aka slums...this is what some idiots do in Pakistan. Later these slums become impossible to control & serve as safe heavens for criminals & terrorists.

But i hate this double standard...they are cleaning Islamabad from these slums but if MQM tries the same in Karachi everyone sing in chorus "foul".:nono:

These places need to be bulldozed but there needs to be some kind of public housing initiative for the poor people so they do not just squat into an area.

Families should be taken on a case to case and relocated elsewhere, there are plenty of places in Pakistan for that.

I respectfully disagree, Sir.

For illegal slums: Families should be given 1 month notice, that's it. Govt is not responsible to provide them free house because they were occupying that land illegally.

I respectfully disagree, Sir.

For illegal slums: Families should be given 1 month notice, that's it. Govt is not responsible to provide them free house because they were occupying that land illegally.

Fair enough, but making people homeless or throwing a family of 11 onto the streets is not the way forward. I say a case to case basis with strings attached e.g. children must be enrolled in schools, males above 18 should be working and earning.

Fair enough, but making people homeless or throwing a family of 11 onto the streets is not the way forward. I say a case to case basis with strings attached e.g. children must be enrolled in schools, males above 18 should be working and earning.

Well some people are bound to learn hard way. To solve miseries of Pakistan, the govt of Pakistan has to take few very strict & harsh steps. Pakistan is a poor country, if it keep spending loan(as most people are tax evaders) or other national money on public welfare there won't be any money left for developing the country. People make noises but don't understand that most of the problems are created by them. A family of 11 is responsible for their poverty because no one forced them to create a family of 11 & play poor card forever.

Well not even gypsy are spared in Europe. And Pakistan is 3 rd world country in comparision. Pakistan can't provide homes to anyone who build katchi abadi in cities illegaly.

This is good.:tup: Illegally occupy lands & convert them into Katchi abadis aka slums...this is what some idiots do in Pakistan. Later these slums become impossible to control & serve as safe heavens for criminals & terrorists.

But i hate this double standard...they are cleaning Islamabad from these slums but if MQM tries the same in Karachi everyone sing in chorus "foul".:nono:

Bulldoze any katchi abadi in Karachi, who is stopping you? Afghanis need to be deported, west provide $10-15 billion every year to Afghanistan. And they can't even take back 3 million refugees?

Or else start giving money to Pakistan for hosting Afghanis in Pakistan.

Well some people are bound to learn hard way. To solve miseries of Pakistan, the govt of Pakistan has to take few very strict & harsh steps. Pakistan is a poor country, if it keep spending loan(as most people are tax evaders) or other national money on public welfare there won't be any money left for developing the country. People make noises but don't understand that most of the problems are created by them. A family of 11 is responsible for their poverty because no one forced them to create a family of 11 & play poor card forever.

Can you more apathetic? Where the hell wil these people go buying a house costs in lakhs. Even if they keep their families limited to 4 people (the preferable value) still that much money is impossible for them to get - taking a place on rent is much worse . The government should provide an alternative before taking extreme measures like this.

This area is more on the outskirts of islamabad at the pindi-islamabad junction

Just to show the world how good and developed we are and not to look like india we should make so many people suffer ? Btw it will make the impression worst as all these families might end up on your streets.

If we let them continue like this then Pakistani cities will become slum infested like Bharati cities. Do you want that?

Telegraph is barely reporting a report compiled by Mumbai's Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. I doubt officials of this corporation have had a chance to visit Karachi, let alone a report on Orangi.

So thats explain a lot. So now Mumbai walas retards are compiling resports about orangi.

And nobody would like to name the person who pulled this off.....

Can you more apathetic? Where the hell wil these people go buying a house costs in lakhs. Even if they keep their families limited to 4 people (the preferable value) still that much money is impossible for them to get - taking a place on rent is much worse . The government should provide an alternative before taking extreme measures like this.

Back to where they come from, if they can't afford houses or rent in cities with the work they do then stay back in villages.

If we let them continue like this then Pakistani cities will become slum infested like Bharati cities. Do you want that?

Alternatives .. Give them job opportunities introduce cheap housing schemes .. Make appartments give them on rents ..introduce education , welfare and popluation planning programs ..there is so much that can be done if we have million dollars to spend on making crappy world records we should have money for this too .. These are our people -the people of pakistan we cant treat them like pests ..

And this india-hate influences your thinking alot , doesnt it?

Back to where they come from, if they can't afford houses or rent in cities with the work they do then stay back in villages.

Well if could live better than this anywhere else i am sure they wouldnt be here ..they would be at that particular place .

Back
Top Bottom