What's new

Bulldozing the poor of Islamabad to make room for the rich?

Alternatives .. Give them job opportunities introduce cheap housing schemes .. Make appartments give them on rents ..introduce education , welfare and popluation planning programs ..there is so much that can be done if we have million dollars to spend on making crappy world records we should have money for this too .. These are our people -the people of pakistan we cant treat them like pests ..

And this india-hate influences your thinking alot , doesnt it?

Why special treatment for those who illegaly occupied land and build katchi abadi? There are millions of Pakistanis who need cheap homes, jobs, education in cities. Goverment should look to provide for them instead of crimnals. And Afghanis need to back, Afghan goverment gets $10-15 billion civilian aid from west. Pakistan instead get $133 million for hosting 3 million Afghans.

What you are suggesting will not solve problem but instead encourage crimnals.

These arent poor, well they are, but they are land encroachers.

Plus them being Afghani makes me not give a damn.

602526-shaid-1378834059-804-640x480.jpg

ABBOTTABAD:
The district administration of Abbottabad launched an anti-encroachment drive on Tuesday and reclaimed 200 kanals of illegally occupied government property. According to officials within the district administration, 35 shops were also demolished in the process.

Reclaiming land: Abbottabad authority seizes 200 kanals from encroachers – The Express Tribune

Every city should do the same, otherwise this is just a start. End result we have seen in India.

Why special treatment for those who illegaly occupied land and build katchi abadi? There are millions of Pakistanis who need cheap homes, jobs, education in cities. Goverment should look to provide for them instead of crimnals. And Afghanis need to back, Afghan goverment gets $10-15 billion civilian aid from west. Pakistan instead get $133 million for hosting 3 million Afghans.

What you are suggesting will not solve problem but instead encourage crimnals.

arrangements should be made to send them back to afghanistan .whatever the nationality is "humans" cant be thrown on the street like that ..I mean would you like such people roaming your streets and what did the little babies and kids ever do to suffer this much.
(i sound like a hippie)

And so far pakistani slum people are concerned.. If we give them jobs and education there will be no need for them to turn into criminals.

arrangements should made to send them back to afghanistan .whatever the nationality is "humans" cant be thrown on the street like that ..I mean would you like such people roaming your streets and what did the little babies and kids ever do to suffer this much.
(i sound like a hippie)

And so far pakistani slum people are concerned.. If we give them jobs and education there will be no need for them to turn into criminals.

Again Pakistan is poor, you are asking goverment to provide cheap homes, jobs, etc to those who illegaly occupied land and majority of them are not even Pakistani citizens. Tomorrow honest Pakistani will think lets do the same after all Pakistani goverment only take notice when someone build kaychi abadi near cities.

Look the way Iran treat Afghani refugees, they are not allowed to go outside camps. In Pakistan they are free to do what ever they want, but time have come to deport them. Take away their id cards.

And rich in Islamabad need to pay more to Pakistani servents so they can afford rent in cities. But no way they should be allowed to build katchi abadis

Last edited:
Fair enough, but making people homeless or throwing a family of 11 onto the streets is not the way forward. I say a case to case basis with strings attached e.g. children must be enrolled in schools, males above 18 should be working and earning.

excellent suggestion, I must say.

Well some people are bound to learn hard way. To solve miseries of Pakistan, the govt of Pakistan has to take few very strict & harsh steps. Pakistan is a poor country, if it keep spending loan(as most people are tax evaders) or other national money on public welfare there won't be any money left for developing the country. People make noises but don't understand that most of the problems are created by them. A family of 11 is responsible for their poverty because no one forced them to create a family of 11 & play poor card forever.

Yes brother, but playing the poor card is a trait of character of the parents. Having 9 children is just an excuse.

Again Pakistan is poor, you are asking goverment to provide cheap homes, jobs, etc to those who illegaly occupied land and mojority of them are not even Pakistani citizens. Tomorrow honest Pakistani will think lets do the same after all Pakistani goverment only take notice when someone build kaychi abadi near cities.

Look the way Iran treat Afghani refugees, they are not allowed to go outside camps. In Pakistan they are free to do what ever they want, but time have come to deport them. Take away their id cards.

I get your point so far their criminal nature and illegal occupation is concerned

All i am saying is that letting them go around other cities and even more helpless than before would most probably make the situation even more brilliant than it is now. That should be taken care of as well.

. And pakistan a poor country? So what one of our leaders doesnt buy a palace in france or doesnt stay in a seven star hotel in dubai for once..

I get your point so far their criminal nature and illegal occupation is concerned

All i am saying is that letting them go around other cities and even more helpless than before would most probably make the situation even more brilliant than it is now. That should be taken care of as well.

. And pakistan a poor country? So what one of our leaders doesnt buy a palace in france or doesnt stay in a seven star hotel in dubai for once..

Well Afghanis need to go back or stay in camps. While Pakistanis in katchi abadi who work in Islamabad, goverment need to talk to their bosses to increase pay so these can afford rent in Rawalpindi. Im pretty sure they will not have any other option then to increase salary after katchi abadi are demolished. or else they can no longer hire dirt cheap servents from katchi abadi areas.

Well Afghanis need to go back or stay in camps. While Pakistanis in katchi abadi who work in Islamabad, goverment need to talk to their bosses to increase pay so these can afford rent in Rawalpindi. Im pretty sure they will not have any other option then to increase salary after katchi abadi are demolished. or else they can no longer hire dirt cheap servents from katchi abadi areas.

Dirt cheap servants? The hell ? what is wrong with you?

And i am glad we are on the same page regrading the rest of the topic.

Dirt cheap servants? The hell ? what is wrong with you?

And i am glad we are on the same page regrading the rest of the topic.

Well rich in Pakistani cities, in this case Islamabad are the reason for this. Rich Pakistani a apart from hardly paying any income tax, also hire servants with small salary. So these servants look to make most of it by living in katchi abadi.

This shouldnt be encouraged in any case what so ever. Demolish katchi abadis and make sure those who hire servants pay enough so they can afford rent in lower middle class area of city. But goverment need to look at this problem right now and not in decades to come when it will be to late.

I have mixed feelings...

The poor shouldnt be treated like that though I know our country doesnt have the money to support everyone...but something should be done to compensate somehow...

And it is also true that the capital shouldnt have such settlements esp illegal ones ...it just makes the city unsafe ...

Well rich in Pakistani cities, in this case Islamabad are the reason for this. Rich Pakistani a apart from hardly paying any income tax, also hire servants with small salary. So these servants look to make most of it by living in katchi abadi.

This shouldnt be encouraged in any case what so ever. Demolish katchi abadis and make sure those who hire servants pay enough so they can afford rent in lower middle class area of city. But goverment need to look at this problem right now and not in decades to come when it will be to late.

Thats the dirt cheap rich in your case , exploiting the poor -taking advantage of their shortcomings.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom