What's new

Some Properties in Islamabad: Input Needed!

Bahria - sank
Fazaia - shot down
Dha - lost 50 % of territory

better be safe than sorry stay away there are scams after scams by all above , do not touch any private societies its best to go for ready property only which has a lease
You made a good point... never thought of that.

Bahria - sank
Fazaia - shot down
Dha - lost 50 % of territory

better be safe than sorry stay away there are scams after scams by all above , do not touch any private societies its best to go for ready property only which has a lease

Lease? What's that? Please explain. Thx

Now I will definitely not fall for the trap. These web pages and videos about properties on Zameen.com look so attractive but how can one be 100% sure? What a shame! Overseas Pakistanis could pump in hundreds of millions of $ into Pakistani economy over time but would be too put off by the fraud. Shame, shame, shame!

Imran Bhai: When I am ready then will contact you. You seem like the 'go to' guy on PDF for properties in Pakistan. Thank you!

Zane_1: Sorry to hear of your plight. But glad you eventually got out of the mess.
i will always more then happy to advise you boss . please do not jump on web pages add TV ads brand names anything . just relax and inform me your plans . i will told you as my brother go to D-12 its cda its in islamabad its ready and its now next to GHQ :lol:.if you contact few years ago you can get in F-11 for one crore a piece but now its impossible .but do not belive anyone just relax visit and see before jump in dear :P.

few days ago i was sitting in cab in dubai . driver was from karachi. after a little chit chat he knows that i am from islo .he informed me he is plannig to buy a land in town near airport . i asked him where he said its new town called motorway city . :cry: lollllzz then i have lecture him 15 minutes about that damn fraud . then after my hotel came he dont want me to go without some drink with him :lol: he was omressed by TV add and want to put his life savings in a sunk hole .

15 years of launch
only few roads and pools and a gate
no development
no land ownership
no possessions
far far away from pindi /isl
very poor roads (they are nto roads even)
no future at all for next 30-40 years

then i give him link of their FB page where people crying frauds
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MotorWayCityIslamabad/reviews/?ref=page_internal

its all scam of damn media they make videos 5 minute drive from airport . but when i go to my farms its take 2 hours because very poor roads . car bhi maafi mangti hai ke kidher le ja rahy ho mujhy :partay:

the video

the reality
mcity1.jpg

Buy property in Gulberg Greens. You won't regret I.A.

Gulberg is pretty nice , better than bahria right now.
But for people working in Islamabad its a hassle .
Its good for overseas Pakistanis

Bahria town rawalpindi is pretty nice ,
A bit far from Islamabad but it has lots of malls and attractions.

Bani Gala searches yield this. Filtered for up to $59,000 and 'House' category of properties.

https://www.zameen.com/Houses_Property/Islamabad_Bani_Gala-340-1.html?price_max=9115670.51

The first one, looks promising:

https://www.zameen.com/Property/islamabad_bani_gala_a_house_available_for_sale-20334809-340-1.html

So what could be some catch? What to watch out for?

Thanks!

Haven't been there for some time. My family lives slightly outside Islamabad and closer to the Area of Giga Mall. That's another good spot, but kinda under developed for now, although development is happening fast.

Bani Gala is closer to Islamabad and you get all the goodies of being in the city itself.

Area mentioned sounds good ( I think ..) There’s some really good advice in this Islamabad thread and it’s a good topic. Definitely something for overseas Pakistanis & Pakistanis in general to digest.
I don’t know Islamabad but I do know something thing about being scammed by developers be it in Pakistan or Dubai. I know first hand about property being illegally developed on by land mafia while you live blissfully unawares in the US or Europe etc or like making tens of thousands of GBP pounds in payments only to find out company collapsed ( scam) and losing all monies.Like other members have suggested, there’s a definite need to be ultra careful in any transactions. I would definitely get the services of a reputable property lawyer before any endeavour and even then triple check. Make sure any property you do eventually purchase is properly secured before you leave Pakistan. My mistakes in the past was precisely this; didn’t use a lawyer and didn’t visit site beforehand. Saw multiple photographs and took it from other buyers that’s things were fine. These scammers are sophisticated. Even very clever and wizened Pakistanis living in Pakistan get duped.

Yup that area makes sense from every perspective. From being developed, cheaper, scenic, slightly outside the city hustle bustle, and close to mountains and lakes and streams and all.

i will always more then happy to advise you boss . please do not jump on web pages add TV ads brand names anything . just relax and inform me your plans . i will told you as my brother go to D-12 its cda its in islamabad its ready and its now next to GHQ :lol:.if you contact few years ago you can get in F-11 for one crore a piece but now its impossible .but do not belive anyone just relax visit and see before jump in dear :P.

few days ago i was sitting in cab in dubai . driver was from karachi. after a little chit chat he knows that i am from islo .he informed me he is plannig to buy a land in town near airport . i asked him where he said its new town called motorway city . :cry: lollllzz then i have lecture him 15 minutes about that damn fraud . then after my hotel came he dont want me to go without some drink with him :lol: he was omressed by TV add and want to put his life savings in a sunk hole .

15 years of launch
only few roads and pools and a gate
no development
no land ownership
no possessions
far far away from pindi /isl
very poor roads (they are nto roads even)
no future at all for next 30-40 years

then i give him link of their FB page where people crying frauds
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MotorWayCityIslamabad/reviews/?ref=page_internal

its all scam of damn media they make videos 5 minute drive from airport . but when i go to my farms its take 2 hours because very poor roads . car bhi maafi mangti hai ke kidher le ja rahy ho mujhy :partay:

the video

the reality
View attachment 599785[/QUOTEOpen a property office geared towards o
b-17 ABC blocks are in islamabad capital territory sir rest DEFG are in attock . society is ok and not much expensive . livable for middle class only issue is connectivity . if margalla avenue 2km remaining completed its ideal place .
BT is not all of it in Islamabad capital territory but in rawalpindi
living is nice a bit far away from islo if you go daily .

but anywhere you buy get possession plot and go there stand on plot see left right before you buy .

also houses have issues sir . you have to turn every stone upside down before buying it . and i will not advise to buy and give to someone even brother :lol: . here is pakistan its really serious matter and one should buy clean property with possession and in legal society with all the home work or else he will suffer badly .

do you see video when CDA demolished bahria town properties malls shops and homes ?:rolleyes:

and if you are not coming and have no current plan then why you want to buy just leave it sir . it snot worth really . property prices are not rising now they already went top and relaxed now . keep dollar with you and buy anytime you come here .

and please everyone must check illegal societies list of RDA-CDA before buying anything even if you have plaza 10 floors they will make your life hell or demolish it .
Many housing societies are being constructed in Islamabad without the approval of the Capital Development Authority.

In a report on December 28, it was revealed that only one out of 44 housing societies in Zone 2, Zone 5, and E-11 got its no objection certificate from the development authority.

Below is the list of all the societies which failed to get the approval:

Societies in Zone-2 and E-11

1. Islamabad Cooperative Farming Scheme
    2. Paradise City
    3. Green City
    4. Supreme Court Employees Housing Scheme
    5. Gulshan-e-Rehman
    6. Pakistan Overseas Housing Scheme
    7. Jammu and Kashmir
    8. Services Housing Scheme
    9. Pakistan Town
    10. Federation of Employees Housing Scheme
    11. New Islamabad Garden
    12. RP Corporation

Related: 43 Islamabad housing societies constructed without CDA’s approval

Societies in Zone-5

1. Gulshan-e-Rabia
      2. Gulshan-e-Rehman
      3. Morgah City
      4. Hamza Town
      5. Parliamentarians Enclave
      6. National Cooperative
      7. Media Town
      8. Tele Town
      9. National Police Foundation
      10. Azim Town
      11. Pak PWD
      12. Dhanyal Town/Fiza Town
      13. Pakistan Town
      14. Ghouri Town
      15. Askaria Town
      16. Judicial Employees Housing Scheme
      17. Bankers City
      18. Rasheed Town/Sadozai Town
      19. Bankers Town/Hamza Town
      20. River View
      21. Fatima Villas
      22. Television Media Town
      23. Gulshan-e-Danish
      24. Fiza Town
      25. Aliya Town
      26. Danyal Town
      27. Aiza Garden Mouza Lohi Bher
      28. Sahozai Town
      29. New Model Town Humak/Roshan Enclave
      30. Jinnah Garden-II
      31. National Assembly Mouza Chocha,

The Supreme Court ordered cancellation of the layout of 11 societies, including six in Zone 2 and five in Zone 5. The plan for any society cannot be approved without the permission of the planning division, according to the building control department.
https://www.ammanat.com/approved-housing-societies-in-rda/
Imran Khan, you definitely have some good helpful advice here. Really Good work.

Hello,
Some months ago wife and I went to Pakistan and we really fell in love in Islamabad. And I am thinking about buying some investment and/or an eventual retirement home there. Here is a search at Zameen.com:

https://www.zameen.com/Houses_Property/Islamabad-3-1.html?price_min=4971929&price_max=6991775

I was told that ISB is very expensive--too expensive--but then I look at something like this:

https://www.zameen.com/Property/dha...ey_8_marla_home_for_sale-20284051-3226-1.html

and at $40,000 doesn't seem to bad?

What's the catch here? Any recommendations for area and ROI value?

Thanks!
Hi,

Property market is at its all time worst right now in Pakistan due to :

- current political scenerio
- FBR AND FIA performing regulations on every developed/developing society to check their authenticity and legality
- Mess created by Bahria Town Karachi and some other small projects of Malik riaz as well as Fazaia Housing scheme and many others
- Assets Declaration Scheme

Having said all above, Construction costs have also been increased in the last year.

Coming to Islamabad, the islamabad property market, despite being federal capital, peaceful, small and well-developed, has ver cheap properties compared to Karachi.

You can buy a x sqyd house in islamabad by selling your x-xyz sqyd house from normal areas of Karachi such as bahadurabad.

The properties you mentioned are from DHA Valley, a project that faced another scam of Malik riaz due to occupation of government land for Dahodocha dam.

Lately, DHA Valley administration has started giving out possession letters with promise time of an year or so.
Development is on full speed and my info is authentic coming from non other than officers involved there.

DHA Valley has a bright future if you select the appropriate blocks. Give it 3-4 years, owns will significantly increase naturally (not taking into account the possible real estate growth Pakistan can see again).

Coming to Islamabad, the islamabad property market, despite being federal capital, peaceful, small and well-developed, has ver cheap properties compared to Karachi.

You can buy a x sqyd house in islamabad by selling your x-xyz sqyd house from normal areas of Karachi such as bahadurabad.

Yes, that's surprising to me: ISB has more going for it than Karachi and yet KHI is much more expensive.

My family home in North Nazimabad, Karachi should sell for Rs. 120-160 million and for that there could be several smaller, but decent houses to be had in ISB. And if you think my family home price maybe inflated: Few years ago, the house where I grew up, sold for Rs. 300+ million: The reason for that high price was supposedly that house, which adjoins the current family house, was main-road facing and hence had great commercial value; also, I have been told that the housing market was really good then. It's a different matter that that house is now demolished and something else--maybe a 'Marriage Hall'-- is coming up there--breaks my heart!

Yes, that's surprising to me: ISB has more going for it than Karachi and yet KHI is much more expensive.

My family home in North Nazimabad, Karachi should sell for Rs. 120-160 million and for that there could be several smaller, but decent houses to be had in ISB. And if you think my family home price maybe inflated: Few years ago, the house where I grew up, sold for Rs. 300+ million: The reason for that high price was supposedly that house, which adjoins the current family house, was main-road facing and hence had great commercial value; also, I have been told that the housing market was really good then. It's a different matter that that house is now demolished and something else--maybe a 'Marriage Hall'-- is coming up there--breaks my heart!
There is a serious lack of buyers in the market these days and hence property values are going down to make the offers attractive.

Saw the prices and was like whattttttt!!!

A 5 marla house in Peshawar was 1-2 crore, after tabdeeli, it's 3-5 crore! And these are small, crappy houses.

55-65 lacs in Islamabad? LOL. Scam!

Real prices must be 55-65 crores. Islamabad is the most expensive city in whole of Pakistan.

Then when FBR, government wants to tax it, you're looking at a big sum. Before tabdeeli, people got away with buying homes and tax wasn't an issue. You can't buy homes without becoming a filer anymore.

A 5 marla house in Peshawar was 1-2 crore, after tabdeeli, it's 3-5 crore! And these are small, crappy houses.

Real prices must be 55-65 crores. Islamabad is the most expensive city in whole of Pakistan.

Then when FBR, government wants to tax it, you're looking at a big sum. Before tabdeeli, people got away with buying homes and tax wasn't an issue. You can't buy homes without becoming a filer anymore.

Yeah, even I thought that those prices in my OP in this thread seemed too good to be true! And I am very glad I asked here. But then some people above are saying that genuine, decent properties in ISB can be had cheaper than in Karachi.

Anyway, this thread has scared the daylight out of me! I have not lived or even visited Pakistan much in decades and am only aware of scams and frauds from browsing the internet. Never thought property purchases are that risky there. And, no, not going to let any cousin to keep the seat warm for me if I purchase something there--seems like once someone is 'in' they can be entitled to that property permanently. Pathetic!

I dont trust Bahria or other societies.

Think bout it, bahria already has issue not just with illegal occupation of lands but also the “file” scam, I know a guy who paid 38 instalments for a house and was fked over by a single letter.

Malik riaz is also gonna die and its his servants who are gonna screw over bahria.

Even DHA progress is slow but atleast they give you possession and land rather than files.

Also property values are down, I was thinking bout selling my house in Karachi and moving back to Quetta or Islamabad but have stopped, there are no customers.

Its actually the opposite , there are no buyers in the market which is effecting property rates and are low.

Yeah, even I thought that those prices in my OP in this thread seemed too good to be true! And I am very glad I asked here. But then some people above are saying that genuine, decent properties in ISB can be had cheaper than in Karachi.

Anyway, this thread has scared the daylight out of me! I have not lived or even visited Pakistan much in decades and am only aware of scams and frauds from browsing the internet. Never thought property purchases are that risky there. And, no, not going to let any cousin to keep the seat warm for me if I purchase something there--seems like once someone is 'in' they can be entitled to that property permanently. Pathetic!

As a foreigner or someone who hasn't much experience with the city and property hunting, your chances of getting scammed are incredibly higher. Buying something as expensive as a house online in Pakistan is scary, you shouldn't do that.

Don't be discouraged. You can buy a house safely and to your liking. You just need to understand how Pakistan works. Spend a few months in ISB renting houses and you will learn so much and understand what to look out for. Then buy a house to your liking.

Right now, you will be a foreigner who has no idea what the prices are and where everything is, even taxi drivers will scam you lol. Then the cunning people whose job it is to scam, you're the easiest scam ever.

Back
Top Bottom