What's new

Saudi Arabia: India is fast emerging as a preferred destination for the Sau

God of Death

Reaction score
Saudi Arabia: India is fast emerging as a preferred destination for the Saudi tourist

22,000 Saudis visited India in 2010 much more in 2011

The Ministry of Tourism with the objective to tap the high end tourists from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) organised Tourism Road Shows in the cities of Dammam, Riyadh and Jeddah. The shows were held from 7th to 11th of this month.

A strong Indian delegation comprising officials from the Tourism Departments of Jammu & Kashmir and Maharashtra, members of the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO), Air India, Jet Airways, Taj Group of Hotels, Medical and Wellness facilities etc., from India were present to showcase the multitude of tourist attractions of India to the Saudi Arabian Traveler. The Indian delegation was led by Shri RH Khwaja, Union Tourism Secretary.

The State delegation of Jammu & Kashmir was led by the Minister of Tourism & Culture Shri Nawang Rigzin Zora and the Minister of State for Tourism Shri Nasir Aslam Wani. The Ambassador of India, Shri Hamid Ali Rao, was also present during the event in Riyadh.

The Road Show held in the city of Dammam on 7th January 2012 witnessed the presence of over 154 participants representing the members of the Travel Trade, Media and opinion makers of this sector. During the event held in Riyadh on the 9th January, as many as 172 members of the travel industry and media participated and got a glimpse of Indian tourism products and its rich cuisine. The final leg of the Road Show was held in Jeddah on the 11th January 2012.

India is fast emerging as a preferred destination for the Saudi tourists.

Foreign tourist arrivals into India have witnessed a steady increase over the years, touching 6.29 million in 2011, an increase of 8.9% over 2009. During the year 2010 there has been an increase of nearly 38% in the inbound tourism from KSA to India with around twenty two thousand tourists. The Visa issuance figures of the Indian Mission indicate a similar high growth in the year 2011.

One of the highlights of the Road Show was the focus on the ‘Medical & Wellness’ Tourism potential of India. India’s vast potential as a Health and Wellness tourism destination, backed by its medical facilities and world-class doctors, para-medical staff and hospitals, ancient healing systems such as ‘Ayurveda’ and other rejuvenating programs were show-cased.

Saudi Gazette - 22,000 Saudis visited India in 2010

India is fast emerging as a preferred destination for the Saudi tourist - Traveltechie.com - India Travel News

looks like they held the so called kashmir solidatory day just for fun lol

Looks like the only place worthy of Tourism in india is Kashmir, why not give the Saudis a tour of Mumbai or the Ganges river, i'm sure they would find that very interesting as well.

Looks like the only place worthy of Tourism in india is Kashmir, why not give the Saudis a tour of Mumbai or the Ganges river, i'm sure they would find that very interesting as well.

I suggest you visit India when you have the time. It will change your perception. I would be glad to show you around.

why not, and for your kind info, most of the VVIPs of the world, first land in Mumbai when they visit India...and to be frank, we dont want tourist in Mumbai, we really dont need it....we have one of the best economy in the world....problem is only with the immigrants.....otherwise, Mumbai is capable of keeping couple of so called tier 1 cities of the world in its pocket!

And about Ganges, I guess, even I/you are not worth discussing the greatness of it!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I suggest you visit India when you have the time. It will change your perception. I would be glad to show you around.

not just time....if you have big and heavy pocket!

Saudis should be barred from visiting Muslim Majority Areas.

Wahabis can be sent to Pakistan.

well if they vist ganges then they should take a dip in the holy water of ganges as it would clean all their sins by the way :enjoy:

well tbh- where ever there is cheap drink and booty available- saudis go that way-
heck they even love to go to a desert yemen-

nothing to do with kashmir-
Looks like they are done with Pakistan .. even after Pakistan gave them their wild life to hunt and divided Pakistan for them in hunting zone
Metro-Map_640.jpg

Saudi Tourists are welcome..but make sure they don't come up with their Wahabi baggage.

well tbh- where ever there is cheap drink and booty available- saudis go that way-

Now, even Saudis are not true Muslim :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only pakistanis are :rolleyes:

Saudis are welcome in India.
Visit ANY PLACE just spend big time guys :P

Thats a sweeping statement, even then explain why they visit Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Saudis are welcome in India.
Visit ANY PLACE just spend big time guys :P

A big no..They should not be given opportunity to spread their Wahabi ideology in India.

Looks like they are done with Pakistan .. even after Pakistan gave them their wild life to hunt and divided Pakistan for them in hunting zone
Metro-Map_640.jpg

the reason should be obvious here-

Back
Top Bottom