What's new

Policemen train hard prior to the Asian Games(Pictures)

Brotherhood

Reaction score
Policemen train hard prior to the Asian Games - People's Daily OnlineSeptember 22, 2010

Armed policemen take part in a physical training to strengthen their capability against terrorism prior to the forthcoming 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province, Aug. 31, 2010. The 16th Asian Games scheduled to held on Nov. 12. (Xinhua/Lu Jiandong)

12051333537249789850.jpg

14902559637217647879.jpg

14251635999092872883.jpg

11368070879863810109.jpg

10868589267077669769.jpg

Do the PLA/Police undergo any martial arts training? I think the US Marines do some basic Jujitsu.

Do the PLA/Police undergo any martial arts training? I think the US Marines do some basic Jujitsu.

Yes. Aside from the "practical martial arts" like Sanda they routinely break bricks and hammer nails into blocks with their palms. Some of the routines are very painful to watch.

Yes. Aside from the "practical martial arts" like Sanda they routinely break bricks and hammer nails into blocks with their palms. Some of the routines are very painful to watch.

That's mainly for show just like these photos I think. (But if China gets invaded by an army of bricks and board, we're all set)

Photo op. or not I would have loved to see some similar demonstrations by IA security for the CWGs.

Last edited:
That's mainly for show just the like these photos I think. (But if China gets invaded by an army of bricks and board, we're all set)

lol lol lol

Apparently the USN SEAL does Wing Chun training for close combat.

Lol, are you a practitioner or something? If so, what style?

We have so much to learn from the Chinese.

I ,personally, admire the way the Chinese conduct their national affairs. We must do the same.

lol lol lol

Apparently the USN SEAL does Wing Chun training for close combat.

I think people under-estimate how useless hand to hand combat is. The reason they are kept around and practised is because they ingrain in soldiers the aggressive mindset so crucial in combat. Civilians flinch from contact and violence. Bayonet fights, wrestling, and martial arts break them of this deadly habit

It's really more for the sake of psychology than anything else.

That is correct. Shooting real people also helps although that only happens when push comes to shove.

For special forces it is very important. Also important for police as they tend to face opponents at far closer range.

I think people under-estimate how useless hand to hand combat is. The reason they are kept around and practised is because they ingrain in soldiers the aggressive mindset so crucial in combat. Civilians flinch from contact and violence. Bayonet fights, wrestling, and martial arts break them of this deadly habit

It is called 刺刀见红 by the PLA. Too bad bayonet fighting is being eliminated as a curriculum by the PLA... Although this may not be too bad considering how awkward it is to attach a bayonet to the Type-95.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Lol, are you a practitioner or something? If so, what style?

No I'm not a practitioner. I'm just interested in stuff like martial arts and Ancient Chinese weapons.

That is correct. Shooting real people also helps although that only happens when push comes to shove.

For special forces it is very important.

Sparing matches and bayonet fights are easy to arrange.... shooting real people not so much.

The topic of how killing in battle affects a person is something I'm sorted interested in.

You're right.

But still, martial arts is great exercise. :cheers:

Would you rather lift weights and be boring, or learn some Wing-Chun "sticky hands" awesomeness, so in the 0.0001% chance you end up having a fist-fight with an enemy soldier you can whoop some a$$? :partay:

Back
Top Bottom