What's new

Vietnam says it will not host 2019 Asian Games

I saw on Sunday Kompas newspaper that Indonesia is quite interested in hosting Asian Games 2019. Any way Singapore and Malaysia have rejected to take it over from Vietnam. So, there will be the next second round between UAE and Indonesia to replace Vietnam as a host. So, Surabaya is likely to be the host if we can beat UAE.

Before 2019, Indonesia insyaALLAH has made several huge achievements like launching and putting its satellite made with its own rocket into the orbit (2017 based on the current plan), launching its commercial plane (N-219 and R-80 (2017), finishing its subway building in Jakarta (2018), finishing its own made submarine (2018-joint production) and frigates (2016-joint production), Missile production, starting to produce its medium tank made (joint production with Turkey), and insyaALLAH our economy will be much bigger than this level.

Hosting Asian Games 2019 can be like a celebration of that future achievement that we, insyaALLAH, can get. Looking forward for that. I hope I still alive, stay healthy, and can achieve my individual goals as well in 2019, insyaALLAH.

I saw on Sunday Kompas newspaper that Indonesia is quite interested in hosting Asian Games 2019. Any way Singapore and Malaysia have rejected to take it over from Vietnam. So, there will be the next second round between UAE and Indonesia to replace Vietnam as a host. So, Surabaya is likely to be the host if we can beat UAE.

Before 2019, Indonesia insyaALLAH has made several huge achievements like launching and putting its satellite made with its own rocket into the orbit (2017 based on the current plan), launching its commercial plane (N-219 and R-80 (2017), finishing its subway building in Jakarta (2018), finishing its own made submarine (2018-joint production) and frigates (2016-joint production), Missile production, starting to produce its medium tank made (joint production with Turkey), and insyaALLAH our economy will be much bigger than this level.

Hosting Asian Games 2019 can be like a celebration of that future achievement that we, insyaALLAH, can get. Looking forward for that. I hope I still alive, stay healthy, and can achieve my individual goals as well in 2019, insyaALLAH.

Good ahead for the Games Indonesia and good luck!

If Brazil gave up hosting the world cup after being giving the opportunity, you can bet it will not be given such chance for the next 50 years, plus fine and ban.

You can check on history of ASIAD sport games. Media in Vietnam (VTV news) reported that many country has been given up his right to host this event when they can not satisfy all requiremnt of OAC, including S.Korea and Pakistan... in the past, and Vietnam is not the first country do that.

What do you think when Brasilia people is demonstrated agains th World football chempionship in Brasil ? when how many time Brasil won this cup ? This more funny, isn't it ?

Pls to read comment of your guy Fattyasids post number 87 on this thread.

images

Indonesia says it wants to host the Asian Games

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia has the will and the funds to stage the 2019 Asian Games, a government minister confirmed Sunday as regional organizers scrambled for a host to replace Vietnam.

The 2019 event was due to be staged in Hanoi but the Vietnamese government last week announced it would withdraw as host, citing a lack of money and the potential damage to its reputation if the event — second only to the Summer Olympics in terms of the number of athletes competing — was a flop.

Indonesia, with the largest economy in Southeast Asia, was runnerup in the initial bidding process for the games.

"We have been waiting for this opportunity for decades and don't want to wait for another decade," Indonesia's youth and sport minister Roy Suryo told The Associated Press late Sunday. "Indonesia is ready and there will be no problem with funds."

Suryo said the games could be held in Surabaya, the country's second largest city.

But in a measure of the potential problems ahead, Indonesia Olympic Committee chairwoman Rita Subowo questioned whether the government had enough time to properly prepare.

"The government should realize that Surabaya will only be ready to host the Youth Games in 2021, not in 2019," Subowo said

She also noted that a new government would be elected later this year that might not agree to pay for the games, injecting more uncertainty into the bid.

The cost of hosting the event depends on how much infrastructure needs to be built or upgraded.

Vietnam would have needed to spend at least $500 million, economists and experts have said.

Subowo said an Olympic Council of Asia team would visit Indonesia early next month to assess its suitability to host the games.

Indonesia staged the Southeast Asia Games in 2011 and the Islamic Solidarity Games last year, both in Palembang, a city on Sumatra island.

Indonesia hosted the Asian Games in 1962 in the capital, Jakarta.

Indonesia says it wants to host the Asian Games - Yahoo News

List of Asian Games

760px-Asian_Games_host_countries.png

To tell you the truth, I've never met a Vietnamese in my entire life. I do not know how their mind works or how they are with the Chinese in real life. All I have every interacted with any Vietnamese is here in this very forum.
But the thing here is, your hatred for all the Vietnamese is clouding your judgment. Do not mix sports with politics.

Let me tell you a story.... I was born to a very poor Chinese family and we had lived in this just one room with no kitchen, no bathroom, no hall, no dining room, no balcony... nothing, nada....It was a room with walls made of card board and I was raised in the very same room where we ate, slept and bathed. We couldn't even afford a motorbike let alone a car. My father used to drop me off to school on his bicycle with his sweat dripping down. I remember those days when we couldn't even afford a proper meal, but my parents would sacrifice their share and then lie to me saying they are not hungry. Today, when I recall those days, It can only bring tears, but I can't change it nor help it, so I promised to myself to become the very best of me. Today, I have almost everything I have ever desired, but I couldn't give back to my parents whatever they have sacrificed. It's the past, I just can't change it, but I can correct it. So, when my mother fell sick, the least I could do was, I had her admitted to the very best hospital in the country, yet, she succumbed. So, money wasn't everything. It's how we make ourselves to become a proper human being.
Now, you tell me, should I be rude and superior when someone is dirt poor and then laugh at them? Or should I recall and understand the days of my childhood life? You be the judge.
I know many Vietnamese so I do have experince with them. There are two types. 1. The ones who fled Vietnam. These are more Chinese friendlier. Some can speak Chinese and most claim to have some Chinese ancestry. 2. The Northern Vietnamese . Supporters of Vietcong and tend to be very nationalistic and hate Chinese people. Ie. Eastsea, et al.
As for Vietnamese girls, no issues.

Korean movies are really good, but their TV series or Pop groups are really superficial, don't you think so? Their TV series are too long too boring. Only females in China watch their TV. Chinese TV with ancient elements are improving, the whole Chinese entertainment is on a rising trend, we can expect more quality TV or movies. The culture outreach always comes along with economy rise. Whether ancient or modern is not important, only high quality TV series matters I think. Ancient costume drama could also be awesome.

Korean entertainment industry is really competitive, they "produce" pop stars by dressing them up. Every year, they produce different pop groups with the same package, modern and sexy. But in fact, these stars have no talents at all. They will fade away soon, people only remember their clothes, appearance, because these pop stars have no talent at all.

WTF is autonom? I don't understand your meaning.
Korean girls actresses look very similar. Very plastic like. Do they all go to same surgeon?

I know many Vietnamese so I do have experince with them. There are two types. 1. The ones who fled Vietnam. These are more Chinese friendlier. Some can speak Chinese and most claim to have some Chinese ancestry. 2. The Northern Vietnamese . Supporters of Vietcong and tend to be very nationalistic and hate Chinese people. Ie. Eastsea, et al.

Korean girls actresses look very similar. Very plastic like. Do they all go to same surgeon?
Duh, The Chinese of Hai Phong who fled as boat people to Hong Kong and ended up in Canada are of course "Chinese friendly". The Chinese from Saigon who fled as boat people in 1979 ended up in La Habra, Rosemead or ther U.S cities or Australian cities are of course having Chinese ancestry.

You're delusional, the Southern Vietnamese who emigrated to Canada, U.S, Australia are no where near Chinese friendly. Do these southern Viet look China friendly? LOL The South Viet hate you as much as the North Viet due to your invasion of their Paracel Island
Vietnamese Americans to protest Xi Jinping in Southern California | Vietnam National Council

vaprotest.jpg

Parents sometimes reward their girls plastic surgeon for being successful in school or study.

your view on the Viets are incorrect. there is not much difference among the Viets regardless where they live or come from, should it comes to national unity. The Viets who fled the country in the 1970s and 1980s had political or economics reasons. Vietnam was in chaos.

The majority has a generally "positive" view on China and Chinese people, despite difficult history. there is few in Vietnam who hates Chinese just because of your nationality. Vietnamese tend to be nationalistic, that is true.

yes, Indonesia should host the game. :yes4:

If Brazil gave up hosting the world cup after being giving the opportunity, you can bet it will not be given such chance for the next 50 years, plus fine and ban.
whatever...I think Vietnam would think otherwise, should it be hosting a football event.

what did China cancel the international fleet review?

Last edited:
Korea more clone, although both Korean and Vietnamese use Chinese surname.

Vietnam is the backside of china.
I mean Imperialism. Korea is surrounded by great powers: China, Russia and Japan, while Vietnam´s western neighbors are relatively weak: Cambodia and Laos. and in some distance Thailand and Burma. Vietnam has a miltary and administrative power. we can create a second China in SE Asia. :-)

by the way, what do you mean with the backside of China?

Viets are like our little brothers. They hate us but we have a soft spot for them despite them hating us.

After this accidents i don't think any major Sports organizations will consider your country again for at least another 20 years from now on. But i think in this current world economic conditions is very acceptable to accept financial restraint as your country reason to drawback the Asian games hosting. No one can blame it though.

I think the Surabaya Major right now will accept the estaffet from your country, she is quite good and opportunistic persons. Just pray the best surely.
Vietnam mobilized all resources to help search the missing Malaysian plane. with each day estimated cost $1m.
we donated millions USD to the Philippines after the typhoon.
we feed Cuba with 400,000 tons rice per year as its rice consumption reaches 600,000 tons per year while its annual output is only 100,000 tons, During the last visit to Cuba, we donated rice and computers.

if others do not want Vietnam to host future major sport event, so let it be.

tr1b.jpg

Viet Nam, Cuba strengthen relations - Politics & Laws | Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports - VietNam News - VietNam News

Vietnam mobilized all resources to help search the missing Malaysian plane. with each day estimated cost $1m.
we donated millions USD to the Philippines after the typhoon.
we feed Cuba with 400,000 tons rice per year as its rice consumption reaches 600,000 tons per year while its annual output is only 100,000 tons, During the last visit to Cuba, we donated rice and computers.

if others do not want Vietnam to host future major sport event, so let it be.

tr1b.jpg

Viet Nam, Cuba strengthen relations - Politics & Laws | Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports - VietNam News - VietNam News

We appreciate the efforts made by Viet Nam in the search for MH370. Viet Nam did all it could using its available resources to help out. We appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom