What's new

Policemen train hard prior to the Asian Games(Pictures)

Bring sexy back.

xxdadao2175zm4.jpg

The "Dadao dui" were my favorite Chinese units during the Second Sino-Japanese War. 大刀向鬼子们的头上砍去!

You're right.

But still, martial arts is great exercise. :cheers:

Would you rather lift weights and be boring, or learn some Wing-Chun "sticky hands" awesomeness, so in the 0.0001% chance you end up having a fist-fight with an enemy soldier you can whoop some a$$? :partay:

I'm personally a boxing fan. You get much more opportunity to spar IMO, I've been doing it since high-school on and off, before that I did Sanda and I liked boxing better.

I'm personally a boxing fan. You get much more opportunity to spar IMO, I've been doing it since high-school on and off, before that I did Sanda and I liked boxing better.

Yeah I like that kind of thing, exercises that have "practical uses". If you ever get into a bar-fight or something like that (for example) it can be useful. Personally I did martial arts for almost 10 years, although it was more about "exercise" than actual competitive combat.

Much better than staring at a wall for half an hour while lifting weights anyway. :azn: That will just sap your brain.

Now if only there was a way to "spar" properly regarding modern tactical combat in the battlefield? The next level of war gaming perhaps. :thinktank:

Yeah I like that kind of thing, exercises that have "practical uses". If you ever get into a bar-fight or something like that (for example) it can be useful. Personally I did martial arts for almost 10 years, although it was more about "exercise" than actual competitive combat.

Much better than staring at a wall for half an hour while lifting weights anyway. :azn: That will just sap your brain.

Now if only there was a way to "spar" properly regarding modern tactical combat in the battlefield? The next level of war gaming perhaps. :thinktank:

I just like the rush of sparing. The funny thing is that I haven't been in a fight since I started getting interested in combat sports.

Guys... teach me!

What I learned was the system invented by Bruce Lee, called Jeet Kune Do.

Jeet Kune Do - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's basically old Chinese "Wing Chun", combined with modern kick-boxing. It's all about "efficiency"... and like Wing Chun, concentrates on "centre-of-body attacks".

Hey, have either of you guys seen the film "Ip Man"? That's all about Wing Chun. Awesome fighting scenes as well...

I just like the rush of sparing. The funny thing is that I haven't been in a fight since I started getting interested in combat sports.

Yeah, once you're confident that you can defend yourself, other people can sense that from your body-language.

Thugs tend to pick on people who they think they can easily beat. If they don't think they can beat you, they won't start anything. :azn:

Yeah, once you're confident that you can defend yourself, other people can sense that from your body-language.

Thugs tend to pick on people who they think they can easily beat. If they don't think they can beat you, they won't start anything. :azn:

Nah I think I was just less of an idiot tbh AND I moved from the US to Canada so that might have something to do with it (violence in my US school was a real problem)

Back
Top Bottom