What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Thanks for your input. Appreciated. :)
I completely understand what you are saying.

If i may just add my opinion to it, for me, we are comparing JF17 with F16, THAT in itself is an achievement. I do not want to sound like a fanboy here but this is a fact sir and an achievement. Was the Pakistani industrial base ever imagined to be able to come up with something that can be even compared to this US war machine? People may argue that this is not a Pakistani product and things like that but these are just arguments. We all know that this have been accomplished.

As for the comparison, there are two things that we people getting all excited about our product often tend to forget.
  1. JF-177 was ALWAYS meant to be a low price solution to our BVR needs. A sanction free home grown product that that will live us the liberty to operate, arm, modify and upgrade as we want to. Something that we can procure in numbers and without trouble that we can never do with F16s.
  2. F-16 we see and know of is a product of 40 years of evolution backed by the US defense industry that is worth billions and billions of dollars. A super power have run that project for decades. Around 2000 planes have been made to date. JF17 on other hand is being made by a developing country and is some 12-15 years old with total numbers produced under 100!!! Still if we can even compare it with F16, that means something.
IN short, JF17 meets our needs at an affordable price. I will love if we can afford those Su and EFT but as of now, we cannot. Not at least in the numbers deemed necessary. That is what JF-17 means to PAF.

May be this will make the plane "reverse swing" and the enemy wont even know what hit them... just like those yorkers :P :D

Just kidding, i agree that since this is just a prototype plane we should work on it and improve in areas where we can.
Thanks for your input. Appreciated. :)
I completely understand what you are saying.

If i may just add my opinion to it, for me, we are comparing JF17 with F16, THAT in itself is an achievement. I do not want to sound like a fanboy here but this is a fact sir and an achievement. Was the Pakistani industrial base ever imagined to be able to come up with something that can be even compared to this US war machine? People may argue that this is not a Pakistani product and things like that but these are just arguments. We all know that this have been accomplished.

As for the comparison, there are two things that we people getting all excited about our product often tend to forget.
  1. JF-177 was ALWAYS meant to be a low price solution to our BVR needs. A sanction free home grown product that that will live us the liberty to operate, arm, modify and upgrade as we want to. Something that we can procure in numbers and without trouble that we can never do with F16s.
  2. F-16 we see and know of is a product of 40 years of evolution backed by the US defense industry that is worth billions and billions of dollars. A super power have run that project for decades. Around 2000 planes have been made to date. JF17 on other hand is being made by a developing country and is some 12-15 years old with total numbers produced under 100!!! Still if we can even compare it with F16, that means something.
IN short, JF17 meets our needs at an affordable price. I will love if we can afford those Su and EFT but as of now, we cannot. Not at least in the numbers deemed necessary. That is what JF-17 means to PAF.

May be this will make the plane "reverse swing" and the enemy wont even know what hit them... just like those yorkers :P :D

Just kidding, i agree that since this is just a prototype plane we should work on it and improve in areas where we can.
Yes we can afford SU-35 and Euro Fighter and things are moving fast soon we would decide about it and than go for the deal. The PAF chief was meeting Nawaz and Dar over and over again for a reason @Stealth

Yes we can afford SU-35 and Euro Fighter and things are moving fast soon we would decide about it and than go for the deal. The PAF chief was meeting Nawaz and Dar over and over again for a reason @Stealth
I guess you missed the point where i mentioned " in numbers deemed necessary" Take JFT out of the picture, calculate the numbers required and see if we could have bought all those EFTs? Not even the tranche-I and II (USED second hand planes) could be afforded in THAT number that we would need with out the JF-17.

You missed it or deliberately decided to continue with ranting?

I guess you missed the point where i mentioned " in numbers deemed necessary" Take JFT out of the picture, calculate the numbers required and see if we could have bought all those EFTs? Not even the tranche-I and II (USED second hand planes) could be afforded in THAT number that we would need with out the JF-17.

You missed it or deliberately decided to continue with ranting?
After Raheel Shareef becoming head even Arabs are offering lot of things. Panama was delaying things and also the fact that PAF is inclined towards one jet but Nawaz and his Government is inclined towards other country and that is not China. And JF-17 even if we buy one major Fighter Jet from either Europe or Russia in large numbers we won't reduce number of JF-17 only chance if of JF-17 numbers increasing not decreasing.

Stick to JF-17B , No su35 no eft no grippen no f22 coming here.....If anyone still believes this , then please take your time off defense related stuff go for a walk , and even if this doesnt cure then for god sake make a dedicated thread for these bluffs.

i seriously have a feeling that this was just a "lets see" model the one we are seeing nowadays....2nd unit is being built too there...the problems encountered in flight of 1st will be solved on 2nd one ...dont forget the jet is in prototype stage as of now...1st prototype of thunder single seater and the induction one were very different....
j8.jpg.jpg
j.jpg.jpg

Check the encircled part in these pics , @Deino @wanglaokan @grey boy2 . 1 thing is for sure , that this is a prototype stage and many modifications will be coming soon...write this
If we compare the model shown at Ideas 2016 with the prototype, which one is better design? Just a comment: I really liked that model.
@MastanKhan @Quwa @MarvellousThunder@PDC or any other knowledgeable member.

i seriously have a feeling that this was just a "lets see" model the one we are seeing nowadays....2nd unit is being built too there...the problems encountered in flight of 1st will be solved on 2nd one ...dont forget the jet is in prototype stage as of now...1st prototype of thunder single seater and the induction one were very different....View attachment 393532View attachment 393533
Check the encircled part in these pics , @Deino @wanglaokan @grey boy2 . 1 thing is for sure , that this is a prototype stage and many modifications will be coming soon...write this

The encircled part is the front fuselage of the mid section that you see floating in front of it. Calm down :D

i seriously have a feeling that this was just a "lets see" model the one we are seeing nowadays....2nd unit is being built too there...the problems encountered in flight of 1st will be solved on 2nd one ...dont forget the jet is in prototype stage as of now...1st prototype of thunder single seater and the induction one were very different....View attachment 393532View attachment 393533

Any idea, when this roll-out ceremony took place ?

Any idea, when this roll-out ceremony took place ?
just saw tv news , it states that the ceremony has already took place yesterday.... ACM sohail aman was special guest....

But how can the JF-17B-prototype being rolled out yesterday in yellow primer, have made several taxi tests from 21. April on and already has made its maiden flight also yesterday !??

Both images are not to same scale !
thats what i am saying , most probably taxi were happening even before the spotters caught a glimpse of prototype

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom