What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

The duel Seat glass canoppy needs 1 part
Just 1 simple mechanical part which has a longer rod inside to lifet cannopy higher

Instead of installing door knobs on side

SCARHATE3.png

Don't see the technical challenge in doing something clean as this

SCARHATE4.png

Cannopy has to be fixed so there are no door knob hinges on side of plane effects the aerodynamics of the wind flow

This part sells for $20-$70 in most auto shops world wide

Since plane is still being built and tested we should put a request forward to suggest upward opening cannopy

SCARHATE5.png

We all know what happens to Cricket ball in reverse swing one side is shinny and other is rough!!!!

If small cricket ball changes direction rapidly due to this you can imagine the impact on a high performance Jet at high speeds

Last edited:
What's the basis of your statements? What technical grounds are you talking about? do you have the flight data to say it is less agile than the one seat version? or it's aerodynamics are different from the previous? an dhow is this a small airframe? Overall this has larger volume than the previous version?

Please don't make sweeping statements without proof or qualification to do that.

On technical grounds, this aircraft is no where near agility, aerodynamics as well as tooo bulky to hold many things in a small airframe.

You are being very generous, all I saw was oral diarrhea

Your logic is deeply flawed. Read on aircraft design philosophies to understand important aspects of aircraft design. And please, stop competing it with other systems that were designed to fulfill different roles by their respective developers.

On a sidenote, people claiming it being less agile need to awake and smell the coffee, as the canopy design itself will not add additional drag during different flight regimes. The triplex fly by wire should actually improve its maneuverability.

Now, examples of Draggy canopies:

j2.jpg

f-16-runway.jpg

If you look the pitot tube is again on the nose and other similarities with prototypes, production version might refine these minor things like hinges and pitot tube, these are prototype for dual seater

oic becasue the Old Cannopy opened upwards

5681069548c04.jpg

Simillar as the F16 Duel Seater
317305_13621783.jpg

Needs rework in my opinion similar to the Duel Seat F16

The scar marks effect the air flow uneven on one side vs the none scar side

SCARs need to go !
Oh man you're going to anger Scar Sarkar :p

On a serious note, tiny asymmetries like this don't make any noticeable difference. Remember there's an entire gun on one side and not on the other (no aircraft is truly symmetric). Hey it maybe even function as an accidental vortex generator (joke). All such asymmetries are taken care of by trimming the a/c (either manually or by the flight control system).

Why add additional complexity and weight then?

The JF-17B (and JF-17 in general) would look much better if the nose and front fuselage share the same colour tone.I get the nose will eventually fade or change its shade naturally (see the Block-52+), but with the same colour, the JF-17 looks quite modern. @JamD I hope we see the higher visibility cockpit make its way to the Block-III - of course, *no* guarantees with Pakistan Lol.

@JamD I hope we see the higher visibility cockpit make its way to the Block-III - of course, *no* guarantees with Pakistan Lol.
I think that canopy shape is just because of the raised second seat, and I doubt it will make it to single-seaters.

Well it is still being designed so , someone in head office send a request to correct this thank you:coffee:

Whole idea of demo is get feedback and that was my feedback : :flame:No to Door Hindges
sticking out of a plane's body on one side

Rediculous looking addition on plane

Request to change please thank you

With out the door knobs , the plane looks fantastic as seen on the other side which is cleanly done
proxy.php

One has to keep the plane surface as smooth as possible ...
Not hard to see theer is almost no air resistance on origional thunder's body

With out the hindges it looks fantastic :smitten::smitten::smitten::china::pakistan:
Just beautiful !!! once install is clean on both side
proxy.php

This is beautiful shot , clean design , silky smooth !!! Just perfect !!!
Thats is what we need clean ...smooth

Last edited:
I think that canopy shape is just because of the raised second seat, and I doubt it will make it to single-seaters.
I'm not sure if it's just the photo quality or the fact that it's new, but it seems like there are some subtle changes to the airframe build quality. Seems 'softer' and 'cleaner'.

Shiv4.jpg

Rafale uses the same side opening canoppy design but they seems to have the hinges on the inside, the cannopy is lifted slightly upward when in Open mode , when closing the cannopy is pulled down

Well it is still being designed so , someone in head office send a request to correct this thank you:coffee:

Whole idea of demo is get feedback and that was my feedback : :flame:No to Door Hindges
sticking out of a plane's body on one side

Rediculous looking addition on plane

Request to change please thank you

With out the door knobs , the plane looks fantastic as seen on the other side which is cleanly done
proxy.php

One has to keep the plane surface as smooth as possible ...
Not hard to see theer is almost no air resistance on origional thunder's body

With out the hindges it looks fantastic :smitten::smitten::smitten::china::pakistan:
Just beautiful !!! once install is clean on both side
proxy.php
Its just a demo, will keep modify.

bhai g Aeronats, Weapons designing etc eek pori field hey eek pori study hey eek pora professional hai. Yahan looog Mehran say khoobsrat gari nahe banasakhtay Jahaz design karna tu door ki baat... Infact Chinese abhe tak copy paste may lagay hain. Point I am making is ye JF17 Pakistanio nay design nahe kya this is PRODUCT of CHINA. Designers say laykar experts sab unkay hain aur ye aircraft single seater requirements pe design huwa tha na kay dual. Ye ghalate inke apni hey kay aap nay Future kay hesaab say uska design SOOCHA he nahe agar socha hota tu iskisam ka preganet model samnay na ata ... simple...

aur rahe baat meri... may interested he nahe hoon inkay saath kaam karnay ka... kaam wahan hota hey jahan aap ko open khula aap kay haath design chura jata ey yahan limitations aur restriction lag jayen tu baad may kachra he banta hey...

yahan par loog abhe tak bohat poranay sooch rakhnay walay loog hain... use facebook twitter kartay hain likin harkatain unke 80 wali hain...

Hi,

You are correct about the lack of dual seater design at the time of conception.

It was of utmost idiocy---when the Paf did not have a dual seater to begin with---.

That is why I keep saying---there is no one to really challenge the decision of the heirarchy---no one has the courage to speak up.

This aircraft should have been produced along with the single seater to begin with---. Now it is a catching up game---and making many a COMPROMISES.

I wrote one time---that the JF17 in itself has a compromising design due to a short wheel strut---it gives little clearance for a Ra'ad ALCM---and someone mentioned that the F16 has a similar clearance.

To that gentleman---at the time F16 was designed---there were no ALCM's to be launched by an aircraft like the F16---so the clearance was never in question---.

Overall score---I would give it an A.

Last edited:
Technically makes sense to keep the Fighter Jets bit low to gournd , as lower hight = better center of gravity. More stability during landings

However the thunder could increase the hight with out compromising on the performance while landing by slightly higher profile

You can see how close to the surface the fuel tanks are in this profile

Really should not be a problem to increase the height/profile of the Jets in a modification enhancement down the line

The mirage with slightly higher raised profile does not looks awkward but rather looks normal height.

The thunders could similarly get slightly longer rear/front legs to raise at least to Mirage's hight level
sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(3).jpg

It is good to bring up certain improvements specially as we are moving from Block 1 to Block 2 and now talking about Block 3

We might be able to carry 3 Raads instead of just 2

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM++500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+LT-2LS-500J+Laser++HAFER+H-4PGM+RAAD+MAR-1+%25286%2529.jpg

But the wings are ideal location where Raad presently carrys 2 Gifts for enemies to eat dirt

Most other changes done in Thunder JF17B , quite impressive

sidebyside2.png

• Tail
  • Cannopy
  • Spile
The most obvious change

The goodies under the hood , of course what really constitute massive change and the engine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom