What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Why cant we make RAAD smaller rather than changing the whole aircraft? It doesnt make sense to me...also its not cost effective. Maybe we can make RAAD longer instead of fatter....For me thats more logical than changing entire aircraft....

Why cant we make RAAD smaller rather than changing the whole aircraft? It doesnt make sense to me...also its not cost effective. Maybe we can make RAAD longer instead of fatter....For me thats more logical than changing entire aircraft....
and much easier too!!

I think mirages have a good 5-7 years for strategic N role of raad. Now after 5-7 years it will either be thundet or some other ac. Raad will br redesigned than if needed

I don't think PAF will go for SOM

SOM is good stand-off weapon and can be integrated with JF by looking at the weight constraints .. miniaturizing Ra'ad will make it very close to SOM so why not just buy it off the shelf ?

Hi,

Congratulations to all the pakistanis and other well wishers for this great new product the utility of which would be worth its weight in gold in the future.

A lots of members and observers have shown disappointment at the chunkiness of the aircraft's body and that is understandable.

What we are learning now or going to learn is that SIZE has its limitations---. With the miniaturization of electronic equipment---it has become a necessity to load the modern day aircraft with all the goodies that are needed and stuff them in to make it a 4-4.5 gen aircraft.

Actually it has become a must to have all sorts of assortments and then some to keep the aircraft in competition with other aircraft---. The limitation of funds at hand for the upgrade could be one drawback to the design modification---.

The URGENCY to complete the order might be another necessity---. So---we have the end product in front of us in shape and form---. And it will be an excellent product and provide a tier 1 utility for the coming years---.

Now---when we compare---we are also going to learn that the F16 / J10 size of the aircraft is the optimal minimal size for a modern day combat aircraft---and the Japanese F2 would be the MOST optimal size for any modifications and upgrades in the 4.5 gen category---where youi have all the goodies with a sleek design---.

What it comes down to is---that a 25% larger JF17 would been the perfect aircraft---as @war&peace had mentioned about the original design.

For a modern day fighting machine---the beauty lies in its utility and not in the form alone---the end question would be---What can it do for you---me---the nation and the end user---that is what it is all about.

Cruise Missiles:---

This subject has been talked about a lot---why not more cruise missiles or other surface to surface missiles and lesser strike aircraft or no strike aircraft---.

We all remember---or most of us remember the 90's strike of 150 cruise missiles on Osama's camp in AFG---what a failure that was---but thankfully pakistan retreived a couple which had fallen in pakistan and made good utility of the design.

And just the recent cruise missile strikes---some 59 missiles launched and dropped at the syrian air base---we now find out that not even for one day the base stayed closed for operations---.

That does not bode too well for the confidence booster in cruise missiles---a question may come up that did the americans intentionally miss the targets and hot areas on the base---and just hit the empty spots---you know---you never know what the americans are upto.

So---people should reconsider their leaning towards more surface to surface missiles and lean more towards the heavy strike aircraft---.

Smart bombs---stand off weapons---ALCM's---launched from a strike aircraft give you more options and choices---.

Conventional surface to surface missiles will never replace the utility of a strike aircraft.

Thank you. MK

Hi,

Congratulations to all the pakistanis and other well wishers for this great new product the utility of which would be worth its weight in gold in the future.

A lots of members and observers have shown disappointment at the chunkiness of the aircraft's body and that is understandable.

What we are learning now or going to learn is that SIZE has its limitations---. With the miniaturization of electronic equipment---it has become a necessity to load the modern day aircraft with all the goodies that are needed and stuff them in to make it a 4-4.5 gen aircraft.

Actually it has become a must to have all sorts of assortments and then some to keep the aircraft in competition with other aircraft---. The limitation of funds at hand for the upgrade could be one drawback to the design modification---.

The URGENCY to complete the order might be another necessity---. So---we have the end product in front of us in shape and form---. And it will be an excellent product and provide a tier 1 utility for the coming years---.

Now---when we compare---we are also going to learn that the F16 / J10 size of the aircraft is the optimal minimal size for a modern day combat aircraft---and the Japanese F2 would be the MOST optimal size for any modifications and upgrades in the 4.5 gen category---where youi have all the goodies with a sleek design---.

What it comes down to is---that a 25% larger JF17 would been the perfect aircraft---as @war&peace had mentioned about the original design.

For a modern day fighting machine---the beauty lies in its utility and not in the form alone---the end question would be---What can it do for you---me---the nation and the end user---that is what it is all about.

Cruise Missiles:---

This subject has been talked about a lot---why not more cruise missiles or other surface to surface missiles and lesser strike aircraft or no strike aircraft---.

We all remember---or most of us remember the 90's strike of 150 cruise missiles on Osama's camp in AFG---what a failure that was---but thankfully pakistan retreived a couple which had fallen in pakistan and made good utility of the design.

And just the recent cruise missile strikes---some 59 missiles launched and dropped at the syrian air base---we now find out that not even for one day the base stayed closed for operations---.

That does not bode too well for the confidence booster in cruise missiles---a question may come up that did the americans intentionally miss the targets and hot areas on the base---and just hit the empty spots---you know---you never know what the americans are upto.

So---people should reconsider their leaning towards more surface to surface missiles and lean more towards the heavy strike aircraft---.

Smart bombs---stand off weapons---ALCM's---launched from a strike aircraft give you more options and choices---.

Conventional surface to surface missiles will never replace the utility of a strike aircraft.

Thank you. MK

JFT-2 can be developed as Medium fighter if Pakistan take similar route which LM took with F-16 and make it F-16XL which was nearly on par with F-15, with single engine.

SOM is good stand-off weapon and can be integrated with JF by looking at the weight constraints .. miniaturizing Ra'ad will make it very close to SOM so why not just buy it off the shelf ?

Well i was in the Favor of SOM but still don't think PAF will go for it ...

guys how can i add a pic from my pc, can't seem to figure it out help please.

I believe u need a certain number of posts before u can upload files. I don't remember what the number is exactly. But once u reach that number u csm simply copy paste the image from mspaint into the post u r typing.

Why to buy when you have similar tech ... it will be cost effective ...

even after miniaturize the Ra'ad , JF will be able to carry one .. and if i am not wrong SOM will be a different Stand-off missile plus JF can carry 2 ..R&D on Ra'ad will be costly, i think buying off the shelf will be cheaper in some extent for limited role or strikes ..

JFT-2 can be developed as Medium fighter if Pakistan take similar route which LM took with F-16 and make it F-16XL which was nearly on par with F-15, with single engine.

You need a Powerful engine Foremost along with more composite material , and change the Nose a bit to host AESA .. i am not seeing JF to become a medium weight bomber anytime soon but it will be F-16' block 40 in near future, i think what we see in JF today is more likely to become M2k.

What is this story of the Engine / Afterburner talk I stumbled upon for the Thunder engines , as the new engines capable of Afterburning

What impact that has on general day to day operations

Afterburn eat up fuel tremendously so was wondering what will be happening with the new Block 3 planes

Back
Top Bottom