What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you so dense as to think my family zapped into existence 200 years ago? Being Asian, I understand that you have few clues how colonies run. It is not all like Britain and India....we are more like Carthage being a colony of Phoenicia. We are new to this land....but we have 1000's of years of our fore-fathers European culture behind us.

Yes but you are not natives nor you carry your native cultures or languages, instead your ancestors went and eradicated the native cultures for landgrab, resources and colonies. We are different from you as we are native to our lands, speak our native languages, eat our native cuisine, listen to our native music, wear our own dresses, play our native sports and live by customs which are unique to us. This is called civilizational continuity. Our culture is separate from our nation statehood. We created this new nation state called Pakistan to serve our aspirations and that is what exactly will happen here because that is exactly what we want.

They are happy where they are man. Why do you care ? Here have some "modern" beer. Cheers to modernity

beer_toast.jpg
Now that's a reply I can get behind....

As i said that they were freedom fighters though in my opinion they didn't have a territorially defined borders in their mind. Their fight was on moral and ethical grounds which is why they are mutually respected in both Pakistan and India.

Thank you for accepting it.

The Christians and Hindus didn't have any significant role in our freedom movement,

you can edit this part now :)

Oops...didn't read the whole thing. (a cardinal sin on forums). Everyone's history is exactly as old as everyone else's...unless you are not Homo Sapiens.

I am talking about cultural history in terms of anthropological/cultural continuity not genetics.

Thank you for accepting it.

you can edit this part now :)

Pakistan is a territorial entity and as far as our own history is concerned the people you mentioned didn't have a territorial goal in mind so my point stays.

Yes but you are not natives nor you carry your native cultures or languages, instead your ancestors went and eradicated the native cultures for landgrab, resources and colonies. We are different from you as we are native to our lands, speak our native languages, eat our native cuisine, listen to our native music, wear our own dresses, play our native sports and live by customs which are unique to us. This is called civilizational continuity. Our culture is separate from our nation statehood. We created this new nation state called Pakistan to serve our aspirations and that is what exactly will happen here because that is exactly what we want.
My Culture is continuous....European. More so then yours.....castes system as evidence. And as you are Pakistani....I'm going to assume you consider Islam as part of your culture.....7th century or later....European Christian culture is far older.

Hold on kid. We have enough forefathers of our Country to be proud of and look upon. Ever Heard of All India Muslim League?
It solely fought for our independence. And it is the only thing matters to us.

U with yr theories r not taken seriously in this side of the world.

Now run away.
i apologize if i offended u.
i was stressing on the fact that without the freedom from the brits, neither india nor pakistan wud have been independent, and as ur opinion, u guys did nothing for the bigger picture (independence from the brits), but concentrated on "muslim factor".
and if my theories dont catch ur fancy, no problem.

Exactly what will renaming things accomplish? Will it change attitudes overnight? Will it create harmony next day or year..or even a decade?
Yes, it will.
People always slowly move towards what Law wants them to move towards. If not now, then it it may take a decade, 2 decades, 5 decades. But eventually, it will change attitudes.

The point of this exercise is not that Pakistani's will become non Muslim, but that they will see humanity first before their religion. Somehow @Aeronaut fails to see that.

No one will stop you from following an Islamic way of life, if at all thats what you folks follow there, but it will create a collective conscience that being human and humane is the first goal of life.

My Culture is continuous....European. More so then yours.....castes system as evidence. And as you are Pakistani....I'm going to assume you consider Islam as part of your culture.....7th century or later....European Christian culture is far older.

What you believe doesn't change the reality nor it is related to the topic. We can discuss it in some other thread on some other day. Lets get back to the topic.

Beer was recorded in Sumerian and Egyptian cultures long before Islam

Alcohol is not the same as beer - you get a % of alcohol in every beer. Many other drinks are found in other cultures too, like in India they had a similar drink. (Forgot its name)

Yes, it will.
People always slowly move towards what Law wants them to move towards. If not now, then it it may take a decade, 2 decades, 5 decades. But eventually, it will change attitudes.

The point of this exercise is not that Pakistani's will become non Muslim, but that they will see humanity first before their religion. Somehow @Aeronaut fails to see that.

No one will stop you from following an Islamic way of life, if at all thats what you folks follow there, but it will create a collective conscience that being human and humane is the first goal of life.

Our land our rules. We will do exactly what we want and everyone else has to fit in or leave. This is evolution, adapt or perish (Culturally).

i apologize if i offended u.
i was stressing on the fact that without the freedom from the brits, neither india nor pakistan wud have been independent, and as ur opinion, u guys did nothing for the bigger picture (independence from the brits), but concentrated on "muslim factor".
and if my theories dont catch ur fancy, no problem.
well not fan of yr version of history but really has always been very hard to swallow for yr people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom