What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this, I hope Pakistanis will refrain from trying to give Indians sermons in Secularism.

Who gave you sermons on secularism? - Pakistanis are not secularists , why do you take lessons from us then?

Arey yaar they are talking about their separation from India. What did Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev have to do with that ?

Pakistan did not ''separate'' from India as we never united to begin with. We gained our freedom from the British Empire just as India did.

Not my Nation....but a better name than any that has theological overtones...makes your country look like a medieval throw-back.

Exactly what will renaming things accomplish? Will it change attitudes overnight? Will it create harmony next day or year..or even a decade?

It will satisfy some idiots who think that superficial changes can result in hard social changes.

doesnt matters , what it maybe called but how it be run is more important?
its a non issue, posted by down graded standing nations?

they fought for india.
most of the actually fighting was done by muslims, everybody knows that.

Ok Was there any concept of India and Pakistan when Mangal Pandey or rani lakshmi Bai fought against the British empire in 1857 ?

or when Bhagat singh was hanged did he ask for the freedom of India only? was he planning for a separate country ?
And please elaborate the term Actual fighting.

I like to think that they were fighting for a territoriality undefined moral cause, therefore i hold respect for them.

We are not discussing here what are your likes or dislikes. . i asked a straight question . . i expect an straight answer.

was there any Idea of India and Pakistan in their minds when they were fighting against the Brits ?

Ok Was there any concept of India and Pakistan when Mangal Pandey or rani lakshmi Bai fought against the British empire in 1857 ?

or when Bhagat singh was hanged did he ask for the freedom of India only? was he planning for a separate country ?
And please elaborate the term Actual fighting.
you mean TIPU was fighting for the rule of ghandhi & indra ghandhi jee?

So are we....but we have actually developed since then

America as far as i know was built upon the near extinction of the Indians and centuries of Black slaves. Your and our history is different, we are indigenous to our land, you are not. We have a history going back 5 millenias, you have slaughtered your Indian history along with its people. America 'developed' because of almost 200 years of consistent govt and development. The modern entity of Pakistan is 70 years old and we started off with a part of the world robbed of its wealth and riches by your British cousins. Pakistan and US don't make a good comparison as we are around 130 years or so younger than you in regards to the modern nation statehood.

I agree with the writer It should be republic of Pakistan
yes, and we should also wear our pants in our heads because some Canadian tell us to.....:mad:

On a serious note, there is nothing wrong with being an Islamic republic, changing the name now will create nothing more than create further rifts among the masses.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom