What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
America as far as i know was built upon the near extinction of the Indians and centuries of Black slaves. Your and our history is different, we are indigenous to our land, you are not. We have a history going back 5 millenias, you have slaughtered your Indian history along with its people. America 'developed' because of almost 200 years of consistent govt and development. The modern entity of Pakistan is 70 years old and we started off with a part of the world robbed of its wealth and riches by your British cousins. Pakistan and US don't make a good comparison as we are around 130 years or so younger than you in regards to the modern nation statehood.

Have to say you're an odd character. Passive aggressiveness aside, and your confession of deliberate provocations to hear other extreme views as well aside, let's dissect that claim based on your previous statements shall we? Am quite sure you said earlier that you have no hindu ancestors at all in another thread. By extension, you had no Dharmic ancestors, as the ancestors of native buddhists east of the indus, were also hindus before that. Does that mean your ancestors arrived to the Indus plains as part of the waves of migration from Arabia/Central Asia/Iran during the Islamic conquests? It's the only logical conclusion.

So what makes you any more 'indigenous' than an Anglo-American? Your forefathers migrated to Punjab either a few hundred years before or after European settlement of the Americas. Thats not a huge difference to brag about to be honest. 'You' having a history of 5,000 years (assuming the Austric/proto-Dravidoid Indus valley civilization) here, is like White hispanics claiming the Aztecs/Mayan/Incan civilizations. If you mean history of the 'land' then don't make the intellectually dishonest mistake of equating that to 'We'.

I understand your desperation in clamouring the create a new identity, but you can't have the cake and eat it too. It is unfortunately, 'We' the Muslim conquerors, or 'We' the natives of the Indus valley. Just because an 'inconvenient' fact that an Indic religious culture predating Muhammad by 2600 years existed in the Indus plains, does not mean smudging and screwing with history is halal.

Thanks and hope you will not delete, warn and thread ban for a non slanderous opinion this time.

Your Links say quotos proposed in 2009.

Here is a 2013 link (pulling the zip)

Pakistan minority leader in full cry over job quota breach

PAKISTAN: July 20, 2013. (Sheraz Khan) Chaudhry Mushtaq Gill, Chairman of All Pakistan Minorities Democratic Movement (APMDM) has urged Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif to order implementation of five per cent job quota for minorities.

The federal government and the government of Punjab issued minority job quota notifications in September 2009 and March 2010 respectively.

Mr Gill said minorities who initially welcomed the measure are deeply disappointed over non-implementation of the job quota for minorities. He said the beneficiaries of the quota were ‘a drop in the ocean’

When asked what was the impediment in the way of the implementation of job allocation for minorities Mr Gill put it down to the ‘absence of will’ on part of the decision makers and the ‘systematic discrimination’ against minorities communities.

To prove his point Mr Gill cited his ongoing struggle for jobs for Christians in the University of Sargodha, a small city in province Punjab.

Mr. Gill said he took the concerned officials of the university to the provincial ombudsman of Punjab in May 2012 after the university failed to recruit minorities against the quota since March 2010.

Following a year of hearings which were attended by Mr. Gill and Sargodha university’s representative the ombudsman gave his verdict that the university’s had breached the provincial government’s minority job quota notification.

Mr. Gill said the university has since not placed any advertisement for minority jobs. Mr. Gill warned he would move court against the university if it did not heed the ombudsman’s order.

Revealing another example of job discrimination against minorities Mr. Gill alleged that the administration of government hospital in Jhangi wala in Bahawalpur district of Punjab also flouted the minority job quota notification.

Pakistan Christian Post
the source yr quoting is no authentic and is itself a western based source.Take a look at this........

Pakistan Christian Post

Do you know how elections are held in rural parts of Pakistan? Specially Sindh and Balochistan? There is no democracy in Pakistan. Democracy isn't about just electing the same idiots, democracy is a mindset of the Nation. We are far behind in this.

So if we don't need the democracy what do we need?

The minority needs to evolve and adapt while we evolve to strengthen our control. Ever wondered why Sharks, Tigers, Lions and Wolves survived? - Because they were at the top of the food chain. In this country we are at the top of the food chain, therefore we will write the rules for others to follow and adapt to.
You are being rhetorical now. Fine if you dont want to discuss it.

@nick_indian

Calling 1857 as a war of Independence is insult to every independence movement, world over. Partisans of that movement were not interested in either India or Independence but their vested interests.

why this minority majority thinking??? only shows low level thinking .. seeing people as muslims, hindus and christians.. not as human beings.. not even as fellow pakistanis..thinking humanity, nationality all are behind religion.. .the people does't matter pakistani ,indian , banglafeshi all fought together for independence.. read about struggle for indian independence and british policy of " divide and rule"..
unlike you stated above india and pakistan are considered as sister nations.. why?? many many many resons are there and one primary reason is we fought together for freedom.. do you intentionally closing your eyes ya you don't know.
there are exactly same type of people here in india with your "go and smoke bong theory".. we call them hindu terrorists.. you have no right to critisise them because your thinking is just like them..

Unlike you my friend, i live in the real world and as long as i get to write the rule book, i'm good.

None of those Muslim inventions are yours . You Pakistani muslims I mean.

Anyway, where is it written that beer was invented by Muslims ?

History of beer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This says something completely different.

Anyway, I don't care, I drink what I like to drink, I don't care who invented it. Looking at everything from the prism of religion is not my way of life.

Because Pakistan was not a republic until 1956. Until then we were under the british crown. The name Islamic republic of Pakistan was chosen in the constitution of 1956 when Pakistan became a republic.

The Bottom line is, that Pakistanis will decide what our country would become. Majority of Pakistanis desire a functional Muslim state. We may become communists, secularists or a Sharia state, its no one's business. This is our country and we will decide its future.

Lastly, since Muslims are the majority, our laws and way of life will prevail. Millions of our ancestors paid with their blood, wealth and honor so we could have a choice they didn't have. If 3% minorities have a problem with our country's name, it means that they have a problem with Muslims, our way of life aspirations and Islam.

If they have a problem with the majority and their aspirations, the majority can tell them go and smoke bong! - just because we 'can'. The Christians and Hindus didn't have any significant role in our freedom movement, they paid no price for our freedom. They got it as a result of the blood sacrifice of our forefathers....and whoever has the power to give also reserves the right to 'take it back'.

wow, that is a heavy statement to make. you should read on South Africa's CODESA and Truth & Reconciliation Commission to see how a country should treat its minorities. I can't understand you people seperating over religion since religion is never a cause for conflict in my land. but we have different races here and the Black majority ensured and still ensures that the rights of the minorities including the Whites and Indian descended ones are protected and respected. as the father of our democracy Mr Mandela said "if a nation cannot protect the culture and rights and aspirations of its minorities then it is like a dysfunctional family"

You are being rhetorical now. Fine if you dont want to discuss it.

This is the reality old friend. The ability to write the rule book is the legacy of my people and the fruit of sacrifices which has been given to me after centuries of hard work. I would be stupid not to use it. My flag is soaked in the blood of my ancestors and the enemies we killed in its name, therefore I will not be told that what my country's name should be. My ancestors carved our identity in stone and no 3%ters will be allowed to alter that.

So if we don't need the democracy what do we need?

I never said we don't need democracy. How can you call Pakistan a democratic country where there is no justice, high courts are unreachable for the common people. Few families rule in rural areas with iron fists. They decide who will vote for who. Tell me how many percentage of eligible voters actually vote? How many fake votes are there?

What i am trying to say is it will take time for Pakistan to become anywhere near a democracy. I laugh when corrupt politicians come on live tv and say this is democracy so let us loot the country more, next time round you can elect my relatives and friends from the other parties so they can loot the country even more. As i said earlier, Democracy is a mindset. Is Pakistnai society ready for democracy?

Long Long long before Islam.

Why the obsession with Islam?

This is the reality old friend. The ability to write the rule book is the legacy of my people and the fruit of sacrifices which has been given to me after centuries of hard work. I would be stupid not to use it. My flag is soaked in the blood of my ancestors and the enemies we killed in its name, therefore I will not be told that what my country's name should be. My ancestors carved our identity in stone and no 3%ters will be allowed to alter that.
Infact I disagree.
The founder of Pakistan wanted a Muslim majority state, not a theocratic state.

Changing the name does not in any way take away from what Jinnah wanted - that Muslims of the Indian subcontinent should rule themselves. However 'how' Muslims should rule themselves is a question that has to be answered by each successive Pakistani generation on its own terms.

There is a very clear distinction between the two.

They were for their respective nations and people.

Except Subhash Chandra Bose, i have little respect for others.
Bharat singh was born in modern lyalpur aka faisalabad.. The ppl he mentioned were freedom fighter .. Just like the ones from our region.. N personally I respect them.

Yes, it will.
People always slowly move towards what Law wants them to move towards. If not now, then it it may take a decade, 2 decades, 5 decades. But eventually, it will change attitudes.

The point of this exercise is not that Pakistani's will become non Muslim, but that they will see humanity first before their religion. Somehow @Aeronaut fails to see that.

No one will stop you from following an Islamic way of life, if at all thats what you folks follow there, but it will create a collective conscience that being human and humane is the first goal of life.
I disagree.. renaming will achieve nothing.. nor does it have anything to do with stopping the Islamic way of life. Sure, if one is to follow an approach taken for a product and we consider Pakistan as a product to be rebranded and sold again to the public.. people may still reject it if it still tastes like crap. Unless you fix how Pakistan tastes.. you can call it the Humanitarian republic of Pakistan and there will still be gross disregard and misconduct by the Humans living in it; for their lives and those of others.

Have to say you're an odd character. Passive aggressiveness aside, and your confession of deliberate provocations to hear other extreme views as well aside, let's dissect that claim based on your previous statements shall we? Am quite sure you said earlier that you have no hindu ancestors at all in another thread. By extension, you had no Dharmic ancestors, as the ancestors of native buddhists east of the indus, were also hindus before that. Does that mean your ancestors arrived to the Indus plains as part of the waves of migration from Arabia/Central Asia/Iran during the Islamic conquests? It's the only logical conclusion.

So what makes you any more 'indigenous' than an Anglo-American? Your forefathers migrated to Punjab either a few hundred years before or after European settlement of the Americas. Thats not a huge difference to brag about to be honest. 'You' having a history of 5,000 years (assuming the Austric/proto-Dravidoid Indus valley civilization) here, is like White hispanics claiming the Aztecs/Mayan/Incan civilizations. If you mean history of the 'land' then don't make the intellectually dishonest mistake of equating that to 'We'.

I understand your desperation in clamouring the create a new identity, but you can't have the cake and eat it too. It is unfortunately, 'We' the Muslim conquerors, or 'We' the natives of the Indus valley. Just because an 'inconvenient' fact that an Indic religious culture predating Muhammad by 2600 years existed in the Indus plains, does not mean smudging and screwing with history is halal.

Thanks and hope you will not delete, warn and thread ban for a non slanderous opinion this time.

We defeated/destroyed/oppressed opposing cultures to have our own show. Since we have our own show, Despite what you like to think, this meal is ours and we shall eat it. There is no other way than our highway, everyone else has to tag along or find their own alleyway. Don't worry too much about my ancestry, i am more indigenous to my land than you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom