What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
People's attitudes are just fine and we have seen a great degree of evolution in our society. This Muslim generation in Pakistan is the most highly educated Muslim generation in S.Asian history. Please don't be so pessimistic. When i get to create a Pakistan we want there would be a place for Ahmadis for they stood with us for freedom. I am not so sure about the others who think that we will give our meal to them after cooking it for two odd centuries....not happening.

Dude what are you talking about ? :lol: Any source for this claim ? Are Pakistani muslims more educated than Indian or Bangladeshi muslims ?

I am happy with what they are doing in their country.

This is just a partial reply, with YOUR (individual) input.
But Pakistan was furious on such a Burqa row...
Did Pakistan have any right on this?

This is just a partial reply, with YOUR (individual) input.
But Pakistan was furious on such a Burqa row... Did Pakistan have any right on this?

I am not the govt nor do i speak on the behalf of it.

My post with Juice was about beer not just any alcohol.

Even for alcohol, you are incorrect-

History of alcoholic beverages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, you can't claim all Muslim inventions as your own.

Quit this off-topic. Some other day.

Because Pakistan was not a republic until 1956. Until then we were under the british crown. The name Islamic republic of Pakistan was chosen in the constitution of 1956 when Pakistan became a republic.

The Bottom line is, that Pakistanis will decide what our country would become. Majority of Pakistanis desire a functional Muslim state. We may become communists, secularists or a Sharia state, its no one's business. This is our country and we will decide its future.

Lastly, since Muslims are the majority, our laws and way of life will prevail. Millions of our ancestors paid with their blood, wealth and honor so we could have a choice they didn't have. If 3% minorities have a problem with our country's name, it means that they have a problem with Muslims, our way of life aspirations and Islam.

If they have a problem with the majority and their aspirations, the majority can tell them go and smoke bong! - just because we 'can'. The Christians and Hindus didn't have any significant role in our freedom movement, they paid no price for our freedom. They got it as a result of the blood sacrifice of our forefathers....and whoever has the power to give also reserves the right to 'take it back'.

That was so very inspiring.

Minorities never said Pakistan's name should be changed. OP did. What minorities want is to live in peace. Is it too much to ask for? Your comments were like some kind of a dictator.

Its quite simple, you can declare all equal.. and all I have to say to ten people is that you are subverting Islam according to so and so scholar on 1950 who quoted so and so of 753 A.D. The result is that those ten will grow to 1000.. and they will lynch you.. while 120 million will keep quiet.. 50 million will nod their heads in part confusion and part agreement.. and the rest will not even care about it because their lives are too busy.
This is how change happens - in fits and starts.
The 1000 or 10,000 might lynch one person, maybe 5 more.
Slowly when those 1000 are prosecuted, the others will see it as an example and not take part in something similar when next time they are incited by a mullah.

Ofcourse the State might not prosecute those people, but slowly, as the governance capacity of Pakistan increases, the State will be forced to prosecute them. As I said, this process takes decades.

I can give the example of India here - we used to have hundreds of riots in each State of India each year for decades. Slowly as law improved, the riots decreased. Infact in our 65 years of history, the first time that rioters were prosecuted was for the 2002 riots. This created an image in people's minds that if you riot now, you will go to jail.

Then the Odisha riot accused were prosecuted. Today riots mostly only happen in State's which have ridiculously weak governance and policing structures like UP or maybe Bihar.

While the rest of the States have reduced rioting because the law is clear and people slowly push the government to act on the law.

There has to be some start to change - changing the law by far sighted men/women is one of them.

That was so very inspiring.

Minorities never said Pakistan's name should be changed. OP did. What minorities want is to live in peace. Is it too much to ask for? Your comments were like some kind of a dictator.

Like the one on your avatar?

I am all in favor of minority rights, quotas, jobs and so on. Trying to change what we the majority wants to be is a line in the sand.

Just stop oppressing and discriminating against Muslims. Thats it.

No one cares for the rest...
Nope - "We will do as we seem fit"

We defeated/destroyed/oppressed opposing cultures to have our own show. Since we have our own show, Despite what you like to think, this meal is ours and we shall eat it. There is no other way than our highway, everyone else has to tag along or find their own alleyway. Don't worry too much about my ancestry, i am more indigenous to my land than you are.
:tup: Have your own show.

The minority needs to evolve and adapt while we evolve to strengthen our control. Ever wondered why Sharks, Tigers, Lions and Wolves survived? - Because they were at the top of the food chain. In this country we are at the top of the food chain, therefore we will write the rules for others to follow and adapt to.
Wow! - Muslim majority analogous to Sharks/Tigers/Lions and Wolves! Bajrang Dal is right :yay:

eventhough

I have never asked for a theocratic state, nor i want one.

Thats a fair assessment.

That is a freedom seeded to us by our forefathers and i plan to exercise it to its best possible effect. We want a Caliph, even if he sits on a chair and does nothing and has zero powers. Just like many western nations have constitutional monarchs. Muslims for the past 100 years are frustrated at the fact that they don't have a caliph to call their own. (Having a Caliph is very important for Muslims, just like having a pope is important for Catholics and a Chief Rabbi for the Jews)

If we can create a politically powerless but culturally strong structure parallel to a rather vibrant democratic structure we already have, i think that we can satisfy the demands of our masses and it would result in a better functioning state. For this reason the Iranian model is perhaps the closest model Pakistan can look at it, there are fundamental flaws in their system like they don't have a multi party democracy. If they had a multi party democracy apparatus, the power wouldn't have seeded to the Ayatollah as his original purpose was not to have political power but it ended up happening due to a non existent multi party democracy system.
And so in such a situation, where Muslims have the capacity to rule themselves in Pakistan, in today's day and age - having a Constitution which discriminates between its own subjects is reminiscent of 7th century Arabia.

Pakistani Constitution should clearly declare that all its subjects are equal before it and the name of Pakistan once changed to People's republic guanrentee's that people will be less incentivized to break the law and discriminate against others.

In both these actions, Pakistani's are themselves beholding themselves to principles of natural justice and are free to continue the lifestyles they want - Islamic or otherwise.

You dont need to be an Islamic State to ban alcohol. I dont know why you derive your sense of morality only from Islam. If the majority of people dont want alcohol - ban it. If Pakistani's want to ban pork - ban it.
The same lifestyle that Pakistani's want can be had while giving equality to all Pakistani's.

Do you get the idea?

P.S: You may not agree with this, but it is my personal view that any State that fails to provide natural justice to its people can survive for long. 'Long' is ofcourse relative, the State can disintegrate in 10 years or 300 years, but its disintegration is inevitable. And yes, I apply this to India as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom