What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

I doubt PAF want the saga of engine restricted project like T-129K again. TF-X engine re export is a big question mark. Not to mention domestic engine is even a bigger question mark.
Turkey is trying hard, they need time.

I doubt PAF want the saga of engine restricted project like T-129K again. TF-X engine re export is a big question mark. Not to mention domestic engine is even a bigger question mark.
Perhaps Turkey will go for a western/domestic engine and Pakistan would go for a Chinese engine, as it already operates the WS-10 on the J-10? Also, Pakistan procuring the T-FX doesn’t mean it doesn’t also want to induct an export variant of the J-35. The PAF has 75 F-16s to eventually replace as well as hundreds of Mirages, F-7s, and older JF-17s by the time these two 5th generation fighters could be available for procurement.

Cant find the article at the moment, but if I remember correctly, the PAF chief said he wanted an all 5th generation force. The only likely way that would be achieved is a reduced signature JF-17 or J-10, loyal wingman drones from either Turkey or China (or both), and both the T-FX and the J-35. This is all the more reason Pakistan needs to get its political stability and economics back on track, but I digress. Therefore the J-10CE is a stopgap IMHO, a much needed one but still a stopgap, to fill in what the PAF had hoped the Block 72 would have given them; a decent 4.5 Gen AESA equipped frontline fighter for the 2020s.

Last edited:
Hi you can’t be sure about TFX as a heart set now im not saying PAF ont be able to get it but j35 looks like will be more matured then the TFX as China already have knowledge and know how to operate a 5th generation
bit it all depend when China is really ready to start its export as they might need these for their ACCs before really start exporting them
I’m sure same is the case with Turkish they want to raise their own couple of squads before the fighter is eligible for serial production that’s like if it’s asap in 2026?
your input will be appreciated if you have some better knowledge about TFX production
thank you
ps @Hakikat ve Hikmet
The Turkish ventures are dependent on provision of engines which are ITAR free. This remains a bugbear for acquisition of Turkish platforms. PAA has been stung badly by the T129 fiasco to be drawn in unless:
A. The Turk brothers are successful in manufacturing engines in house within the next decade/providing an ITAR free engine.
B. PAF can acquire an engine which can be incorporated within the PAF TFX. Till this time PAF will test everything under the sun and if the F31/35 reaches maturity and fits PAF requirements, it will go for it.
A

Guys please let it remain a discussion of only and only J-10 C. Not of J-31. For J-31 and its potential induction in Pakistan or not a separate thread should start.

The Turkish ventures are dependent on provision of engines which are ITAR free. This remains a bugbear for acquisition of Turkish platforms. PAA has been stung badly by the T129 fiasco to be drawn in unless:
A. The Turk brothers are successful in manufacturing engines in house within the next decade/providing an ITAR free engine.
B. PAF can acquire an engine which can be incorporated within the PAF TFX. Till this time PAF will test everything under the sun and if the F31/35 reaches maturity and fits PAF requirements, it will go for it.
A
Hi tah is for your detailed reply I’m totally agreed with your point A about t129 fiasco about your part B I’m hopeful about j/35 maturity in a year or two max as China has to field one of the stealth on their ACCs in quick manner being a holder of a stealth fighter already I’m sure they will live up to their mark of getting operational the second one asap now PAF or PN problem will arise more once F18 or Rafale on Indian ACC coz J10 can’t be able to handle that much pressure from both side of Indian arm
& if PAF is waiting like induction of Rafale in Indian airforce then induct J10c then they ball can go towards Indian induction of stealth before Pakistan & then Pakistan request for J35 as I have asked one of our Turkish member on this forum and his reply about TFX is 2030 which is far ahead as compare to j35
your further input will be appreciated
thank you
@mods if like to remove and post it in appropriate thread thx

All of which Turkey is demonstrating that it has or is getting ...
Like what? Replacing US turboshaft with Turkey made and deliver the T129K to PA? Those small turbofan which even Iran has demonstrated to made are nothing compare to heavy helo or fighter jets engine needed.

Dont expect Turkey to succeed to deliver given their current economy condition and limited resources of their industries.

Stealthified J-10 or JF-17 will not be 5th generation. Neither of those things would be able to supercruise and have internal bays and that's even if bothered with which no doubt would not be bothered with since stealthifying a 4th generation fighter is simply too complicated to be worth it.

PAF wanting a totally 5th generation airforce can only happen in a time when basically 5th generation fighters are next in line to be retired in the same way J-7 production stopped and airframes are getting retired. To have full 5th gen airforce means retiring even 4th gen fighters which many airforces in the world still don't even have.

Drones are not fighters and even Dark Sword isn't a total substitute for a manned 5th generation fighter.

PAF wanting a totally 5th generation airforce can only happen in a time when basically 5th generation fighters are next in line to be retired in the same way J-7 production stopped and airframes are getting retired. To have full 5th gen airforce means retiring even 4th gen fighters which many airforces in the world still don't even have.
It would be a good choice for PAF to cooperate with PLAAF to develop a land-based version of J-35.

It would be a good choice for PAF to cooperate with PLAAF to develop a land-based version of J-35.

It would be but Pakistan doesn't have the funding to pay SAC to finish development of FC-31 into a land based fighter. J-35 is a totally different fighter. What's available for sale is FC-31 which is a basis of J-35 but the cost to go from FC-31 to J-35 or from FC-31 to JF-xy for Pakistan is going to be enormous and surely China is not paying for another's fighter.

Even if Pakistan wanted to do this, is it smart to let a friend spend money it shouldn't be spending on a fighter it doesn't quite need?

India has no 5th generation fighters.

It would be but Pakistan doesn't have the funding to pay SAC to finish development of FC-31 into a land based fighter. J-35 is a totally different fighter. What's available for sale is FC-31 which is a basis of J-35 but the cost to go from FC-31 to J-35 or from FC-31 to JF-xy for Pakistan is going to be enormous and surely China is not paying for another's fighter.

Even if Pakistan wanted to do this, is it smart to let a friend spend money it shouldn't be spending on a fighter it doesn't quite need?

India has no 5th generation fighters.
Maybe PLA Air Force and navy wanna induct land version of J35.

Anything is possible.

A22E24CD-9B20-47DF-9559-38E0B5958ADC.jpeg

photo posted on weibo, i got from navalnews aticle posted here on PDF on a thread by @OverandOut

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom