What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Any possibility for PAF...

1658324309946.png

J-10D or J-10CY a new variant of J-10 fighter jet based on J-10C fighter jet (Serial no. 701) with Enlarged Dosal Spine (EDS) & Russian AL-31FN series 3 TVC engine.

Jul 20, 2022

View attachment 863593

J-10D or J-10CY a new variant of J-10 fighter jet based on J-10C fighter jet (Serial no. 701) with Enlarged Dosal Spine (EDS) & Russian AL-31FN series 3 TVC engine.

Jul 20, 2022
Hi I doubt it’s TVC as this been manufactured a while ago beside this if it’s TVC no point of Chinese inventing their own for later batch of
The AL-31FN variant was developed by Salyut to power the Chengdu J-10, with key differences including slightly more thrust and gearbox relocated from the top to the bottom of the engine. Later J-10 variants and production lots were equipped with the improved AL-31FN series 3. In addition to selling AL-31FN to China, Salyut developed improved variants of the AL-31F with increased thrust and reliability. The AL-31FM1, also referred to as the AL-31F series 42, had improved MTBO and thrust increased to 29,800 pounds-force (132.4 kN). Subsequent developments by Salyut include the AL-31FM2 with a larger diameter fan and increased turbine inlet temperature, and a proposed AL-31FM3 with additional fan and core improvements. Initial production Chengdu J-20 are powered by the AL-31FM2. Salyut's developments of the AL-31 would result in serious disputes with Lyulka-Saturn's successor corporation NPO Saturn, which considers them unsanctioned and in violation of intellectual property rights.[2]
if you have more knowledge please do share
thank you

View attachment 863593

Jul 20, 2022

No, for the Seth time! This is NOT a TVC-nozzle, just plain and simple a standard AL-31FN.

I really don‘t know why this BS is still reported in the media!

No, for the Seth time! This is NOT a TVC-nozzle, just plain and simple a standard AL-31FN.

I really don‘t know why this BS is still reported in the media!
@Deino looks like lots of F-16 block 52
Data is used in making this ?

J-31/J-35?
The early model is FC-31, the aircraft carrier version is J-35, the body and wings are not the same as before
No. 350003. With a pitot tube, the color of the ground crew vest is the same as that of the aircraft carrier operator. It should be simulating the maintenance test on the aircraft carrier.

The airforce variant if it ever gets built may get a look in but i suspect that PAF has its heart set on the TF-X.
Hi you can’t be sure about TFX as a heart set now im not saying PAF ont be able to get it but j35 looks like will be more matured then the TFX as China already have knowledge and know how to operate a 5th generation
bit it all depend when China is really ready to start its export as they might need these for their ACCs before really start exporting them
I’m sure same is the case with Turkish they want to raise their own couple of squads before the fighter is eligible for serial production that’s like if it’s asap in 2026?
your input will be appreciated if you have some better knowledge about TFX production
thank you
ps @Hakikat ve Hikmet

Hi you can’t be sure about TFX as a heart set now im not saying PAF ont be able to get it but j35 looks like will be more matured then the TFX as China already have knowledge and know how to operate a 5th generation
bit it all depend when China is really ready to start its export as they might need these for their ACCs before really start exporting them
I’m sure same is the case with Turkish they want to raise their own couple of squads before the fighter is eligible for serial production that’s like if it’s asap in 2026?
your input will be appreciated if you have some better knowledge about TFX production
thank you
ps @Hakikat ve Hikmet
I think the full fledged production will start by 2030....

The airforce variant if it ever gets built may get a look in but i suspect that PAF has its heart set on the TF-X.
I doubt PAF want the saga of engine restricted project like T-129K again. TF-X engine re export is a big question mark. Not to mention domestic engine is even a bigger question mark.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom