What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Any comparison of J-10 done with JF-17 and F-16C regarding range ?

H-2, H-4, Ra'ad carrying capability ?
H-2 and H-4 are antiquated imo and not the best option for newer aircraft, unless their guidance systems can be updated. Raad would be an ideal candidate, however, unless we see its integration and operationalization in PAF its hard to say. I feel its still an ongoing technology demonstrator program.

H-2 and H-4 are antiquated imo and not the best option for newer aircraft, unless their guidance systems can be updated. Raad would be an ideal candidate, however, unless we see its integration and operationalization in PAF its hard to say. I feel its still an ongoing technology demonstrator program.

Ra'ad and Ra'ad-2 are mostly treated as strategic assets also.

FB_IMG_1657198184281.jpg

Any comparison of J-10 done with JF-17 and F-16C regarding range ?

H-2, H-4, Ra'ad carrying capability ?
A few years ago, j10c brochure showed it having 1240 km combat radius with A2A refueling and 2900km ferry range. I'm not sure what it's combat radius without refueling it is. It would depend on flight profile and payload obviously. I'd expect it have longer combat radius than JF-17 and F-16C

Last edited:
A few years ago, j10c brochure showed it having 1240 km combat radius with A2A refueling and 2900km ferry range. I'm not sure what it's combat radius without refueling it is. It would depend on flight profile and payload obviously. I'd expect it have longer combat radius than JF-17 and F-16C
The F-16C/D Block-52+ may have more due to the CFTs.

Looks more like a added fuel capacity.
To sum up your analysis, there are two possibilities
1. Due to the addition of electronic equipment, the original shell cannot accommodate it. However, because it is an old Russian-made engine, it may be a temporary modification of the manufacturer's test aircraft.
2. The arms sales license for Iran has been released. It is possible that Iran wants to equip Russian-made engines. The added equipment is a formal modification rather than a temporary test.(Iran came to China to negotiate the purchase of J-10, but felt that the voyage was too small, so it may just add a little fuel tank, or it may be)

Back
Top Bottom