What's new

PAF speeds up fighter force modernisation with JF-17 Block III- Gulf News

But another country can join TFX program.Then it will not only fasten the development of NGFA but also divide the cost of development work.

Turkey's main enemy is Greek which is a small country and can't afford 5gen.fighter jets in large numbers.So Turks have time to properly work on their TFX.
theoretically right. But how many countries are independently manufacturing jets acceptable to most customers , in areas of serious present or potential conflict ?
US
Russia
France
European union ( in this only uk and Germany have the technical skill to go at it alone )
China - not many exports
Japan has the skill but it uses American engines

Getting a fighter off the ground is not so hard. But to make a complete package, which is a modern deterrence or threat , is a different ball game.
And I recall reading that Turkey has asked the usa for more f16s ?

But another country can join TFX program.Then it will not only fasten the development of NGFA but also divide the cost of development work.

Turkey's main enemy is Greek which is a small country and can't afford 5gen.fighter jets in large numbers.So Turks have time to properly work on their TFX.
Turkey knows its enemies and Greek are nothing but plate breakers

theoretically right. But how many countries are independently manufacturing jets acceptable to most customers , in areas of serious present or potential conflict ?
US
Russia
France
European union ( in this only uk and Germany have the technical skill to go at it alone )
China - not many exports

Getting a fighter off the ground is not so hard. But to make a complete package, which is a modern deterrence or threat , is a different ball game.
The world is rapidly evolving in joint ventures. Whereas I accept there maybe some intricacies in procuring an engine for 5th gen fighter, a joint collaboration is still possible. If it happened with F35 it can happen with other fighters This shares research and production costs and give economy of scale to make expensive projects viable. It remains to be seen how/with whom Turkey will collaborate. It has had some good basis established from manufacturing the GE engine parts. But iwill observe their progress with much interest.
A

Lol Turkey hasn't git a clue yet its leads the world in drones and lazer tech. Its also now a major weapons exporter and just go back 1 to 2 decades and they were totally depended. When nations move they can move fast
You might want to go to SIPRI and check that statement out
$141 million in 2020.

I understand some of my harsh reality statement stings nationalistic tendencies of some members here. But feel free to go post this kind of stuff on f-16.net, you will get laughed out of there.

You might want to go to SIPRI and check that statement out
$141 million in 2020.

I understand some of my harsh reality statement stings nationalistic tendencies of some members here. But feel free to go post this kind of stuff on f-16.net, you will get laughed out of there.
These forums are bs.

Take the genocide watch. Look at what they write about Pakistan.
White men wear suits and lies profusely and gullibles belive it.

US
Russia
France
China - not many exports

Well,Everyone starts from somewhere.All these countries did not become so much self sufficient in one night.They started from somewhere.

Your thinking is so pessimistic or may be you just want to discourage the people.

US
Russia
France
China - not many exports

And France doesn't? Italy doesn't?

Come on man you can fo better

Son,

Turkey is a muslm nation---whereas Greece is a christian nation.

Greece will get whatever is needed by them in the numbers they require---.

Never forget the power of religion.

Son,

Turkey is a muslm nation---whereas Greece is a christian nation.

Greece will get whatever is needed by them in the numbers they require---.

Never forget the power of religion.
Turkey is secular not muslim.

After J10C , next possible induction will be twin engine fighter, if our pocket allows in coming years

After J10C , next possible induction will be twin engine fighter, if our pocket allows in coming years
Pakistan should for 5th generation next. In my opinion this is what PAF should aim for:
250- JF-17
150- J-31/J-35
100 J-10C
In total 500 modern combat jets.

Turkey is secular not muslim.
EU doesn't agree with you... neither U.S. for sale of Patriots and later F-35s. As a major ally and among the largest contributer to NATO it is curious why they would not get either technology or high end SAM's for their protection.
Geopolitics for you!

"Better reign in hell, than serve in heaven"
so to speak...
they thought they'd serve in heaven by siding with Europe and playing second fiddle to European powers, becoming secular and play pretend.
Today they're sanctioned by their very NATO allies... in fact Franks even arm their foes to create nuisance.
Remember for this, they even let go of their rightful seat at the big boys table.
Instead,
Today Turkiye is still finding it's feet!

All said and done, Pakistan can only benefit by building complimentary industries in conjunction and understanding with Turks... it brings the costs down and makes for easier procurement. Not to mention a steady and incremental improvement in quality and technological advancement.
Sub systems are the way to go!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom