What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

But back to the topic of the thread. Do you think the J-10 has reached the end of what can even reasonably expected of the design, as far as the PLAAF sees it?

No it hasn't reached "the end" of what can be expected of the design. The design is great. 4th gen fighters are already at or near the peak of kinematic performance. The rest is about changing out and upgrading the electronics and software. This can be done through many decades. J-10C is a modern platform and the newest ones made this week would have MLU in decades time. They remain effective and useful.

The design itself won't be changed dramatically. Maybe adding that dorsal fin spine thing for service fighters. Definitely not stealthifying it though, that's one change that is simply ridiculous and I don't know why people entertain that idea. I guess fan art doesn't help.

All of his opinions are basically based on imagination. Don't expect him to have any authoritative sources, there has never been any information that proves the PLAAF doesn't need the J-3X or J21.

I don't have any authoritative insider sources but we are all in the same position except I think on knowledge, we are roughly equal. This has to do with speculation. I simply do not understand how PLAAF could want a J-3x or J-21 based on FC-31. The purpose of any lo fighter in lo hi mix is to have it single engined otherwise it is no less expensive to run and service than the hi fighter.

FC-31 based fighters are twin engined. In this case not even an engine that is the same as the mainstream platforms where logistics is simplified. See F-14, F-15, F-16 engines. Pretty much all the same from same or very similar family of F-100 based engines. Before F-14 got re-engined of course.

PLAAF already has a 5th generation fighter. PLAN does not. J-35 is better for carrier apparently because they can fit more onto a carrier than J-20. Okay fine that makes enough sense to justify a totally different platform. It also makes sense to give SAC something to continue working with in the fighter department. It allows Chinese fighter aviation to have at least two major separate groups that admittedly cooperate a lot and all under AVIC anyway but that's not relevant to this point.

They termed it J-35. That's jokes

The naming convention is J-1x from before 2010 induction into service (and typically of a group of generations ie below gen 5. J-2x from before 2020 induction (J-20 induction in 2017 and news noticed it and could report on it in 2018). J-3x for fighters inducted before 2030. J-x5 for naval fighters. J-15... inducted in 2010s and a naval fighter hence first designation is 1 and second is 5.

J-35 because inducted past 2020 and before 2030 so first designation is 3 and second is 5 since it is a naval fighter.

It is not so much an attempt to troll the Americans like Su-57 where 57 = 22 + 35 to suggest it is better than F-22 and F-35 or something like that. The naming convention with Su-57 simply did not make sense anymore. Su-75 is ... really I don't even want to speculate. Su-35 naming still had some pattern to it. Mig-35 as well. Due too previous baseline generations in the 20s.

1658664541454.png

J-10s are looking sweet.

Hope we get build an engine overhaul (and some parts manufacturing) facility build for the RD-93/WS-13/19/21 and WS-10.

Those two engines are gonna be with the PAF for at least the next 30 years. Hopefully when the PLAAF transitions to the WS-15, Pakistan will be allowed to license build them for the J-10 (and other projects).

Detail of J10CE of PAF by Sqn Ldr (R) Fahad Masood, who himself used to be a Mirage pilot of PAF, His own home Sqd Cobras r the first ones to get J10CEs. So listen to him, he knows what he is talking abt.

-Conformed! that J10 series ARE ISRAELI LAVIs, this happened in 1988.

-Conformed! PL10e's HOBS capability with 90 deg. targeting angles same as Aim 9X

-a little correction, PAF j10s r known to carry ws10b not AL31. This interview i suppose was recorded BEFORE J10s hit the runways of Pak. As we all believed back then AL31 engines will be their powerplants.

-Conformed! PL15E is a dual pulse motor missile with speed to upto mach 4 not 3.

-Conformed! that with Delta-Canard design its turn rate capability is immensely improved(Thats why i specifically mentioned him being an experienced mirage pilot as he knows very well the Delta design's shortcomings)

-Conformed! The order of J10CE is of 36 for PAF not 25 as Indian media claimed and from there picked up by the west. 3 Sqns, 15 each in 2 sqns and a 3rd of 6 for CCS.

-Conformed! very low strings attached, And PAC Kamra will be responsible for its maintenance, overhaul and maybe future updates.

-Conformed! PAF through Shaheen Series exe. have flown J10s in Pakistan and China as well previously, (Hence i presume wasnt difficult to train our pilots, 24 pilots were certified trained on this type as of march when first 6 arrived and for tactics development as PAF is well aware of it through Shaheen series exe. This info was shared on the forum by a senior member)

Some more interesting and juicy info abt J10C, ie their Golden Canopies J20 style.

Last edited:

Detail of J10CE of PAF by Sqn Ldr (R) Fahad Masood, who himself used to be a Mirage pilot of PAF, His own home Sqd Cobras r the first ones to get J10CEs. So listen to him, he knows what he is talking abt.

-Conformed! that J10 series ARE ISRAELI LAVIs, this happened in 1988.

-Conformed! PL10e's HOBS capability with 90 deg. targeting angels same as Aim 9X

-a little correction, PAF j10s r known to carry ws10b not AL31. This interview i suppose was recorded BEFORE J10s hit the runways of Pak. As we all believed back then AL31 engines will be their powerplants.

-Conformed! PL15E is a dual pulse motor missile with speed to upto mach 4 not 3.

-Conformed! that with Delta-Canard design its turn rate capability is immensely improved(Thats why i specifically mentioned his being an experienced mirage pilot as he knows very well the Delta design's shortcomings)

-Conformed! The order of J10CE is of 36 for PAF not 25 as Indian media claimed and from there picked up by the west. 3 Sqns, 15 each in 2 sqns and a 3rd of 6 for CCS.

-Conformed! very low strings attached, And PAC Kamra will be responsible for its maintenance, overhaul and maybe future updates.

-Conformed! PAF through Shaheen Series exe. have flown J10s in Pakistan and China as well previously, (Hence i presume forth wasnt difficult to train our pilots, 24 pilots were certified trained on this type as of march when first 6 arrived and for tactics development as PAF is well aware of it through Shaheen series exe. This info was shared on the forum by a senior member)

Some more interesting and juicy info abt J10CE of PAF, ie their Golden Canopies J20 style. This makes them even more advanced then PLAAF's own J10 series. Making in the only 4th gen a/c known to carry Golden Canopies.

This information isn't accurate. The gold tinted canopies on J-10C were pretty much there since J-10C first entered PLAAF service.

second video is BS the prowler EA-6B had a golden canopy as did some F-16's. The J10 isn't the first 4th Gen with a golden canopy

EA-6B_Prowler_golden_canopy.JPEG
thats why i mentioned only ''known'' 4th gen jet.

It doesnt say that it was the first 4th gen fighter to have them in video.....Let me edit it again.

Last edited:
second video is BS the prowler EA-6B had a golden canopy as did some F-16's. The J10 isn't the first 4th Gen with a golden canopy

EA-6B_Prowler_golden_canopy.JPEG

Apparently the golden canopy is some accomplishment to Pakistanis.

The EA-6B wasn’t the first aircraft to have them either - any aircraft deemed to be vulnerable to EM radiation(everything from Microwaves to gamma) exposure was the target of these canopies.

The EA-6B needed them due to the extreme radiation coming off its EW pods -

Interestingly, a few PAF F-16s were reportedly seen with gold canopies in the late 80s- early 90s but they are difficult to maintain.

The tinting serves 3 purposes
  • shading from the sun
  • radiation protection
  • and it also turns black to protect the pilots eyes in the case of a nuclear blast.
The tinting has a problem with being very fragile, so much so you can only use water to wipe the inside of the canopy with

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom