What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Congrats Pakistani and Chinese brothers.

Bruce Lee send his regards;

View attachment 820906

View attachment 820905

View attachment 820909
1646435996309.jpeg

My question is, can J10 c fit WS10c engine in the future?

Do they need to?

How's WS-10B different to alleged WS-10C? And if that's the actual intended engine, so probably will end up for J-10. Mind you, replacing and installing a new/different engine is not that plug and play thing so presumably, WS-10C is an upgraded or advance version of B so might be the end game.

Can anyone please inform me, how many J-10s are we procuring. Is the number 25 or 36?
And will it affect the number of JF-17 block 3 variants we will be acquiring?

Do they need to?

How's WS-10B different to alleged WS-10C? And if that's the actual intended engine, so probably will end up for J-10. Mind you, replacing and installing a new/different engine is not that plug and play thing so presumably, WS-10C is an upgraded or advance version of B so might be the end game.
Still we can’t exclude this possibility, with 140KN+ Thrust , it enable J10x super cruise capability .

Do they need to?

WS-10C is the variant said to be in the j-20.
same physical size, maybe slightly different plumbing, higher thrust, possibly at the expense of shorter life.

A friend of mine who told me nearly 2 years back that J10s are coming, and then a year back said that pilot training has started and few months back said that J10s are ready but delay from our end and then 3-4 months back said that u gonna see J10s on this 23rd march parade and i even posted here that guys be ready in couple of months for J10s.

I was told that they are coming with Russian engines, so when i saw WS-10s, i asked again and was told that they are based on russian technology but with improvements enhancements from chinese.

Then came to know that the initial chinese engine tech was based on CFM tech but midway changed to russian one or kind of a mix of both with getting the best from both but heavily relying on russian core design.

So that is why asking @messiach as he may have some insight and shed further light on it.

Till date no chinese official source has clear material or info on WS-10 main design influence and this is the first time that WS-10 engine / tech has been exported to outside of china, thus we may find out what is WS-10s are made from.

And to chinese members, plz dont take my post or query in way as being some kind of an insult to chinese tech or as if i have any issue with it, i have non. I have great respect for china and the way their tech has progressed in last 2 decades.

I am posting for sharing and gaining knowledge.

So what if its based on russian tech, chinese always improve and bring better then original ones. That is what matters.
I can tell you the turbine forward temperature of WS-10A is around 1750K,it’s the same to F110 serises and higher then AL-31FN‘s 1685K.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom