What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

However from what I heard just the moment, there is no "special" event planned for today from the Chinese side. :cray:
Why would Chinese have an event as the aircraft will be departing from there... If anything, the welcome ceremony should be done on their arrivals.
Chinese done their part when the jets were handed over to the PAF.

The J-10CE is a well-optimized air-to-air fighter with a higher-output AESA radar than the JF-17 Block-3. It now has an asset that can take on practically any current threat in the air. The PAF can also scale its fleet up relatively affordably (compared to competing Western or Russian options).
Are you sure? IMO it is a "well-optimized multi-role fighter!" We only get images with air to ground weaponry so rarely since the PLAAF does not want to show them. The same applies to the J-15, which most often you see carrying either AAMs or dumb rocket pods, but no-one would question it to be a most capable multirole type.

I wouldn't say the J-10 is optimised for A2A, it certainly is a very capable A2A fighter with AESA, IRST, and Datalink, but given its Lavi-inspired design, it's actually primarily designed as a medium weight strike fighter, given its large delta wing with thick wing root chord and high internal fuel ratio, and therefore relatively high load carrying capability over long ranges. I personally think this is where the PAF sees its most value, given that they can't upgrade their Viper fleet with SOWs for long range strike purposes.

Do you have the video, where a Chinese representative explains about 3 different antenna configurations of the KLJ-7A radar in an expo and says that one of them is selected by an export customer.

I can't find that video now. Been trying to find that for a couple of days.

Thanks

It was during Zhuhai Airshow China 2018. The 3 phased AESA was pitched for export. KLJ-7A is most talked for Thunder. I am redirecting you to the particular thread. I really hope that members shall start searching & go through relevant sections to find everything.

This thread may kindly be left for subjected discussion. Above all, there's no doubt about AESA on J-10C. I don't know what really kicked in for anyone to still question the same. I agree that AESA on J-10C may remain unknown. I do support the secrecy like this. It should be maintained.

Then the Chinese Art used as expression about 3 phased AESA radar.
1646308726503.png

1646308768129.png

1646309067633.png

Back
Top Bottom