What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Ah good he corrected the error.

Yeah JF-17's is rated for 170km on fighter sized target which is exceptionally good for something of that size and power rating.

Typical radar performance of modern era is between 100km and 200km against fighter sized target, benchmarks of US and China both use 4m^2 RCS I think while Russia's is slightly higher RCS measurement and so radar advertised range is in reality a bit lower compared to Chinese or American radar for the same number given. Of course given figures are nearly definitely understated by US and Chinese ones. Customers can test them out themselves to learn what the true range of the product they are importing is. PAF is happy with Chinese radar since JF-17 block 1 and block 3 did not take the Italian AESA and instead selected a Chinese one but I am not sure which.

So JF-17 block 3 claimed range of 170km or so may be understated. If PAF and China would allow them to declare a higher range for public consumption, it would be a blunder for PAF.

The block 3's AESA is almost certainly smaller and lower available power and cooling compared to J-10C's unless the block 3's use GaN and J-10C does not.

The radar in the first picture (in the aircraft) does NOT look like the one in the 2nd picture. As I said its not likely, infact you're the first and only one to suggest it.
Are you joking? What confirmation do you need regarding AESA on J-10C? Do you want to smell it, touch it, taste it? Why such obsession?

The radar in the first picture (in the aircraft) does NOT look like the one in the 2nd picture. As I said its not likely, infact you're the first and only one to suggest it.
Tht first pic is the J10B, the second one is claimed to be the radar for J10C. your initial question implied that you didn't know if the J10 had AESA radar at all. Well now you should know that it does. I want getting into technicalities of comparing different J10 AESA radars.

Yeah JF-17's is rated for 170km on fighter sized target which is exceptionally good for something of that size and power rating.
Please can you make out what is the range being stated for the radar in this image and let us kindly know?

1646283433821.png

Where will they be based?? Please base them at Murid and not those concrete jungles of Mushaf or Kamra...

Greater than or equal to 200KM for typical fighter sized target (I guess 3-5M^2). This is for air cooled radar too.
PAF tested this radar also. But, decided in favor of the KLJ-7A for JF-17 Block-3. So it is possible that KLJ-7A may have a range of at least 200km.

Please can you make out what is the range being stated for the radar in this image and let us kindly know?

View attachment 820290

Greater than or equal to 200KM for typical fighter sized target (I guess 3-5M^2). This is for air cooled radar too.

PAF tested this radar also. But, decided in favor of the KLJ-7A for JF-17 Block-3. So it is possible that KLJ-7A may have a range of at least 200km.

Wow I thought the Block 3's radar whatever is selected is around 170km range against 4m^2 RCS target.

If they are happy to reveal 200km, that is either typical understating OR intentional overstating to make IAF less sure about how capable Block 3 is. Choices depend on how PAF wants to strategize with the open information data.

200km is very good. Irbis E is roughly 150km to 200km in real world mode, 300km+ in its stated special mode that is just for guiding R-37M but in reality quite useless if there are AWACs cuing and good datalinking. I'm surprised Block 3's can do 200km.

If they are happy to reveal 200km, that is either typical understating OR intentional overstating to make IAF less sure about how capable Block 3 is. Choices depend on how PAF wants to strategize with the open information data.
It is, perhaps, not a case of being happy to reveal.
But, of logical conclusion. At the time when the Lihua LKF601 was rejected a second time, its range was not revealed to have increased to 200km from a previously announced range of 170km.

We were all quite surprised that how come it (LKF601) was being considered once again after being overlooked before.

Obviously, they came back with improved specs. But unfortunately for them, KLJ-7A was also upgraded in specs as well it seems.

Once the system arrives in Pakistan, don't expect too many pics of it. Pakistanis plan on keeping it tightly under wraps.
It is, perhaps, not a case of being happy to reveal.
But, of logical conclusion. At the time when the Lihua LKF601 was rejected a second time, its range was not revealed to have increased to 200km from a previously announced range of 170km.

We were all quite surprised that how come it (LKF601) was being considered once again after being overlooked before.

Obviously, they came back with improved specs. But unfortunately for them, KLJ-7A was also upgraded in specs as well it seems.
Or who knows. The LKF radar may be sitting in the J-10CP?

I am not sure if we can take these specs on face value & extrapolate them to JF-17's radar to claim that its range is 200 km for a fighter sized target. I would be happy to know if that is true, but I think some healthy skepticism is warranted at this point.
All I have stated is that it is a possibility.
Or who knows. The LKF radar may be sitting in the J-10CP?
Specs of a 1200+ TRM count for the J-10C radar has been around since 2018.

antenna missing on PAF J-10 behind IFF antenna:

32159340-232300.jpg

Millenium 7 in his videos stated (11:00) analysts believe it is used by datalink for PL-15 guidance.

Back
Top Bottom