What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

No doubt J-10C is 100% produced in China including even raw material source. Rare earth from China and even chips used on it , is loongson domestic design and domesric fabricated chips for military used. Composite are made in China, China proven to produced even grade TS-100 one.

China has the most complete supply chain ever recorded in history.
But some of the food that assembly workers eat and the fuel they use to commute is most probably imported from other countries 😜

KLJ-10A radar , from top to bottom, 1.5 gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen.

View attachment 819981
That's an old pic 😔. Why you people have to be so secretive! It's not even the cutting edge/ top of the line fighter in Chinese inventory, that's the J-20.

Video shows 3 phased AESA KLJ-7A as well. Was it just a random mention or related to both jets in question?
Regards,
Do you have the video, where a Chinese representative explains about 3 different antenna configurations of the KLJ-7A radar in an expo and says that one of them is selected by an export customer.

I can't find that video now. Been trying to find that for a couple of days.

Thanks

The topic of this thread isn't about how indigenous the J-10 is 🤔 :hitwall: or how much Chinese a Chinese jet fighter is! Come on man just chill.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. AVIC has no issue so why you people are fighting over this so furiously!

Gentlemen - I don’t think it matters that much if a percentage of components in the aircraft are foriegn so long as free access is available to them and the weapon system in a whole works.
Today a Chinese J-10 can shoot at any enemy jet without a problem regardless of whether it is 100% Chinese or 85%.
@zhxy @Beast you have made your arguments and now they are in circles so please take it elsewhere.

P.S … I think we have had enough humor regarding when the aircraft will be in Pakistan. We know that they will be in the flypast and that means they will be in Pakistan in less than 21 days.
The battle of how much Chinese the J-10's engine is!
I think this thread needs a bit of mopping! Sir

Last edited:
But seriously, foreign imported component for aircraft are usually very expensive. I doubt import actually cost less compare to long run of made in China.
Here I will solemnly disagree with you.

Economies of scale is always applicable, whether it is military equipment or non-military equipment. After all both type will be launched in the International market for sale. And price is one of the factors which increases the market share.

China being huge country having largest workforce employed in various sectors, may able to mass produce almost all components of a certain equipment, but we should also appreciate, workforce (specialize manpower) is limited. Scarcity of resources at a place compels manufacturers to subcontract certain manufacturing process to other facilities and these could be any friendly international facilities.

Sometimes the infrastructure and tooling required for the manufacturing of certain parts are not only expensive but also technologically far superior (cannot be shared with other countries) and hence those parts will be obviously produced in such facilities.

How much qualitative impact does the induction of j10cp has on over all PAF operational and response capabilities
The J-10CE is a well-optimized air-to-air fighter with a higher-output AESA radar than the JF-17 Block-3. It now has an asset that can take on practically any current threat in the air. The PAF can also scale its fleet up relatively affordably (compared to competing Western or Russian options).

AWACS killer i want to say

This even larger AAM - in fact a ULR-AAM is called PL-21 from what i know, but the J-10C cannot carry it. As it seems, the standard ARM is the YJ-91.

J-10C + YJ-91 2.png

The J-10CE is a well-optimized air-to-air fighter with a higher-output AESA radar than the JF-17 Block-3. It now has an asset that can take on practically any current threat in the air. The PAF can also scale its fleet up relatively affordably (compared to competing Western or Russian options).

Are you sure? IMO it is a "well-optimized multi-role fighter!" We only get images with air to ground weaponry so rarely since the PLAAF does not want to show them. The same applies to the J-15, which most often you see carrying either AAMs or dumb rocket pods, but no-one would question it to be a most capable multirole type.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom