What's new

PAF equipment

by the way, even with the future equipment metioned above, wud u ppl b able 2 take on Indian Air Force?????????i mean look at this
SU-30 MKI vs J-10 (250 mkis and only 36 j 10s)
Possibly 126 F/A-18 HORNETS VS 110 F-16s

first of all, india didnt confirm any super hornet deal with US nor we will be having 110 F16. we will be getting only 18 new F16 by the end of 2009 so their total number will be 78. also, J-10 will be inducted in large number once the avionic package will decide and when india is looking for F18 or Mig35 in future, we will be fielding for something else like F-10C/D.

but still look at this
IAF by 2010
100+mki's
126 mrca
10-50 Lcas
upgraded migs
upgraded mirages
can pak take all that????
i mean f-16,jf-17 cant make a difference
so i think that j-10 plan should b taken seriously.
For me,idont think pakistan should take india as a reason to increase its defence spending,
cuz it seems 2 me that india is the 1 and only enemy for pak, but on the other side of the border, india is getting to superpower level, and that means pakistan was an enemy for india and they have 2 take on other chllenges now.

but still look at this
IAF by 2010
100+mki's
126 mrca
10-50 Lcas
upgraded migs
upgraded mirages
For me,idont think pakistan should take india as a reason to increase its defence spending,
cuz it seems 2 me that india is the 1 and only enemy for pak, but on the other side of the border, india is getting to superpower level, and that means pakistan was an enemy for india and they have 2 take on other chllenges now.

India is 4 times bigger, the economy is 4 times bigger so hell ya they can afford these planes..

i agree
GDP:
India-$1200billion
Pakistan-$ 165 billion
GDP PPP
India- $4 trillion
Pakistan-$ 570 billion
Mate u cant really compare pakistan with india anymore???
By 250 indian economy will b equal 2 that of USA, and ofcourse defence 2. But china will b the largest economy and strongest country by then and pakistan will be china 's best Mate.
But im pretty sure pakistan will be somewhere in top 20 or maybe top 15 and wud be near australia.Or its GDP will b more than auz i should say.

but still look at this
IAF by 2010
100+mki's
126 mrca
10-50 Lcas
upgraded migs
upgraded mirages
Mate, 126 MRCA by 2010 is a dream:cheesy: the only real threat to PAF is MKI and Belive me our F-16s can Handle them also, dont forget the Force multipliers (AWACs). a JF-17 backed by an AWAC can give very tough time to any Aircraft that IAF possesses today :guns:

what do you plan to do with
110 F-16
150 Jf-17
50 J-10
??????
fight with India ?
Defend the nation? Against what. Why did you build the A Bomb? it is the best deterrent you got..now spend money wisely.
Stop wasting on F-16's and J-10's. $5billion here $2billion there.
Lousy.

110 F-16
150 Jf-17
50 J-10
??????
fight with India ?
Defend the nation? Against what. Why did you build the A Bomb? it is the best deterrent you got..now spend money wisely.
Lousy.

chhh.. my friend how many muslim country do we have with strong military!
N bomb is just to show off that we will use it.. but it will never be used in full scale war because lahore islamabad newdehile bombay will be wiped out!

N bomb is just to show off that we will use it.. but it will never be used in full scale war because lahore islamabad newdehile bombay will be wiped out!

Thats why its a perfect deterrent, MAD threat applies to both ends incase of nuclear exchange.

110 F-16
150 Jf-17
50 J-10
??????
fight with India ?
Lousy.

Isnt it obivious that if we have money we gonna spend it, be it on military or civilian. Point is that under musharrafs rule pakistan's economy got better and better, hence we were able to spend more on our defence needs and so we did building our conventional capabilities apart from nuclear, things dont work this way that enemy has attacked and you respond with nuclear. Nuclear is the last option, before that it was our only line of defence things have changed now and for that we need to have a good AF. And by the way it doesnt necessarily means that building a force is to fight india only.

Thats why its a perfect deterrent, MAD threat applies to both ends incase of nuclear exchange.

Neo actually we tend to overblow MAD to a greater extent , there is more science and math to a nuclear conflict then MAD. MAD in theory requires every system to be working perfectly and an assumed notion that both the parties would be ok to self destruction provided the other gets destroyed, but we cannot assume that in a conflcit both the above mentioned cases are functionin properly.

I think in Indo Pak scenario MAD and Pakistans position is a bluff, both the countries nuclear weapons are in present scnario deterrant to opposite sides nuclear weapons and vice versa, for example Pakistans nuclear weapons are a deterent to Indian nukes . The notion that Pakistan shall employ nukes first in case of conventional conflict needs much to be analysed. Is Pakistan confident of its nuke designs when it has tested them on a single time frame, will they employ nukes when they perfectly know that India can invade but will never stay put in Pakistans territory ie major territorie. There are several variables that needs to considerd before analysing such a situation in a game theory checker board.
Therefore assuming MAD will be the be all of nuclear conflict is wrong

Cheers

sodocpkgj, you left China out of the equation.

My point is, what makes you think that the 2nd biggest economy of this world (If not the biggest) is going to standstill and wait for MKIs and MRCA to enter IAF fleet?

If my memory serves me right the partnership between Pakistan and China is ever growing in the defence and economic fields. :pakistan::china:

I'm sure by the time all MKIs and MRCA enter service we might come up with a 5th generation fghter entering PAF and PLAAF.

My point is, what makes you think that the 2nd biggest economy of this world (If not the biggest) is going to standstill and wait for MKIs and MRCA to enter IAF fleet?

It dosent matter , having money does not means you have the tech, you needs years of experience developing and perfecting , from building a materials database to years of work in solid state electronics something where China has arrived late, I am not saying China will not it improve, infact it will rapidly catch up with basics soon but there will always be a gap since the west and russians have perfected these technologies over years .

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING CHINA IS A GROWING POWER IN ASIA AND IF YOU COMPARE INDIA WITH CHINA IT'S NO MATCH IN ECONOMY AND MAN POWER AND CHINA HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTER JET JXX AND I'M SURE PAKISTAN WILL GET THEM AND INDIA SHOULD FORGET ABOUT BEING THE NEXT SUPER POWER BECAUSE IT'S CHINA AND I HAVE READ SOME WERE THAT CHINA WILL EXISTED UNITED STATES IN MILITARY BY 2020
aa81a08f3e45e393131e00f0e0db960f.jpg

its not 2020 its 2015,India will need more than 50+years to even become a regional power because groups fighting in India is about 20 ; Massive killing of Chrisitians,Sikhs and Muslims....by Hindus India is just a mess thier media have always shown the good image i've couple of friends in here are from India and my Bangli uncle who recently visited India we dont have to worry about nothing mate.

Sorry guys thing is Realistically in 2012 Pakistan Fleet will consist of: Agree or Disagree

1. F-16 (54) No dreams 36 old F-16s MLU plus BLK52 18 new F-16 makes 54 not 78. No confirmed news of Pakistan purchasing more than that the money is being diverted to J-10s thank anyways.
2. JF-17 (75)
3. J-10 (36)
4. Mirage 3/5 (150) Mirages are going no where till 2017
5. F-7 all variants (150) F-7s are going no where till 2017
6. A-5s (36)
Possible retirement in 2014 thru 2015.
Many other things to list for now check this out.

Where as Indian Fleet will consist of IN 2012:
1. SU-30 MKI----130
2. MRCA?? even if US FA/18s are selected India will have 25 of them
3. LCA---- 50
4. Harriers----24 are confirmed i don't know if India has 32 or 36 harriers
5. Jaguars----120
5. Mig 23----50
6. Mig 27----140
7. Mig21----220 >>the 126 Flying coffins that were or being under upgradation will remain for long till 2021 the rest might be phased out with induction of LCA
8. Mig-29s----70 plus 18 Mig-29s naval version.
9. Mrage 2000s----69

While someone of you say Pakistan won't be able to deal with IAF..to them which of you really knows what under table SAMs and other stuff provided by China to Pakistan?? Non of you knows neither you nor do i...So when Pakistan Air Force and Pak Army says they can deal with India trust them they can..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom