What's new

The Legendary Shahid Lateef

I dont doubt your source but it seems funny that a man with the mentioned condition was not declared unfit earlier. He could not have piloted a plane with panic attacks. As I said my sòurce did not have a clue about why he was stitched up. But he was convinced that SL was done in by some back stabbing.
Araz
Sir, i believe this happened in the later stage of his career.... in this 2012 interview, he discloses that he hasn't flown for over 12 years......possibly due to the condition. !!

Then perhaps the reason was entirely the medical condition. As I said my source did not know the reason for the back stabbing that went on and these things are often not brought to the fore. The man i. your avatar is the next one to watch and I hope he makes it.
Araz

Then perhaps the reason was entirely the medical condition. As I said my source did not know the reason for the back stabbing that went on and these things are often not brought to the fore. The man i. your avatar is the next one to watch and I hope he makes it.
Araz
Yes indeed, i believe he's currently in line to become base commander at Shahbaz.

Sir, i believe this happened in the later stage of his career.... in this 2012 interview, he discloses that he hasn't flown for over 12 years......possibly due to the condition. !!

One of the thing people often forget is that pilots of our generation (so the pilots that have 6-11G pulled frequently) have to pay for that sooner then they think. Lateef was a good F16 pilot who has flown the plane to its limits. That indeed means you get problems here and there and become unfit. I mean even helicopters cause typical problems for pilots so these high performance jets are way beyond. I do not expect these pilots to become very very old.

I remember more then a few decades ago that I had to sign some papers if I wanted to go on with the fighterpilot program. As far as I know that was nothing cause now it has become even worser. You just have to accept everything if you want the best job in the world.

That's quite plausible, but i am not sure how much flying would a sitting Air Chief do himself, as there is a lot of other work to do as well. I am of the opinion that it had to do something with Musharraf saga, as with Mushaf Ali Mir. From what i have heard, Mushaf Ali Mir sahib once raised his voice at Musharraf (when PAF was looking for western equipment, but Musharraf wanted Chinese), and Musharraf didn't like that. Something similar might have happened in Shahid Lateef case as well.

Rao Qamar Suleman wasn't fit as well as we read recently in the news, when he left his new job at PIA. So we will never know. However, if you listen to Shahid Lateef sahib talking on tv, you can feel some genuine animosity in his speaking style, something one would have when they are not given the expected outcome (in his case, the Air Chief post)

Hi,

The americans did not approve of Shahid Lateef---.

It is a tragedy that pakistanis look for a nice / honest guy as an air chief and as an army chief----.

They should rather be looking for an ar-se hole who is a staunch nationalist---.

Basically the selection f the chief is based on the one being the most DOCILE and OBEDIENT----.

Great man who comes across as an individual who knows what he is capable of. Very pragmatic and knowledgeable.

Hi,

The americans did not approve of Shahid Lateef---.

It is a tragedy that pakistanis look for a nice / honest guy as an air chief and as an army chief----.

They should rather be looking for an ar-se hole who is a staunch nationalist---.

Basically the selection f the chief is based on the one being the most DOCILE and OBEDIENT----.
Perhaps Multan connection played the trick.

No disrespect but i saw Rauf Klasra show where he was questioned for illegal properties purchased in dubai and he had few or no proper answers :disagree::disagree:

I really like his character and the way he talks he looks like a gentlemen unlike those other illiterate so called politicians

Shahid is no doubt a very capable person. However, his stars were not aligned with the seat. There is a lot more than meets the eye, but lets go with the line that he is a great defence analyst.

The legendry has undeclared property in dubai ,the legendry says his kids bought the property for him lol most probably from f16 kick backs

Back
Top Bottom