What's new

The Legendary Shahid Lateef

It is time we stopped thise worship of people. Everyone has weaknesses. Shahid Lateef may have bèen a good pilot but not as good at hiding his assetts as some of his other counterparts. He is a good analyst. As to his honesty there are now doubts and he needs to clear his name before his credentials are re established.
As I said before my source said something and Bilal Khan 777 said something else and if you join the dotted lines a picture emerges. However I will leave it at that. No one in Pakistan survives with utmost honesty. It is all a relative thing and what metters is either you are big enough to be able to loot openly like Zardari and Ganja Shareef and no one can lift a finger or very smart like others whom I shall not name. As to Shahid Lateef this is again something which is a momentary embarrasment and will be brushed under the carpet. The reason being he is not alone and being part of the system he will take a few big names down with him. So it is in the interest of everyone to cool things down
Lets leave it at that.
A

The more shahid stays in lime light, the more he will draw criticism. Everyone has skeletons in the closet. I am not going to Allege F16 or any other deal, but retired general should retire and move on.

The more shahid stays in lime light, the more he will draw criticism. Everyone has skeletons in the closet. I am not going to Allege F16 or any other deal, but retired general should retire and move on.

But then where will the shinning stars and the analysts on defence matters from a nation of illiterate( parhay Likhay jaahil) people come from. The problem remains that anyone who is relatively better than the rest gets put on a padestal and then when his errors are revealed people want to stone them to death. We cannot have a neutral approach towards people. Appreciate them for their capabilities but understand that they have weaknesses. We have been doing it since the time of Faiz, Abdul Salam, to name a few amongst many. Even the last COAS was the darling of the East and West when he supported restoration of democracy, but became public enemy number one post retirement when the shinaigans of his brother came to light. The day we start treating people as people(imperfect human being good at somethings , not so good in others) and stop calling them Pir Saheb, Mai Baap, Saviour of the nation, Father of the Nuke Bomb etc etc is the first day of the rise of this nation.
Araz
PS; By the way you still have not told us how you visualize the current US/ Pak impasse over the F16s. Thanks in advance
A

Holy Cow ! American used to say ,Yea no one in Civil setup is capable enough or nor a good person so leave those whose name is coming ,By the way luxurious life style of some of our Ex Service men is far better than even ssome of the richest peoplle in pak

But then where will the shinning stars and the analysts on defence matters from a nation of illiterate( parhay Likhay jaahil) people come from. The problem remains that anyone who is relatively better than the rest gets put on a padestal and then when his errors are revealed people want to stone them to death. We cannot have a neutral approach towards people. Appreciate them for their capabilities but understand that they have weaknesses. We have been doing it since the time of Faiz, Abdul Salam, to name a few amongst many. Even the last COAS was the darling of the East and West when he supported restoration of democracy, but became public enemy number one post retirement when the shinaigans of his brother came to light. The day we start treating people as people(imperfect human being good at somethings , not so good in others) and stop calling them Pir Saheb, Mai Baap, Saviour of the nation, Father of the Nuke Bomb etc etc is the first day of the rise of this nation.
Araz
PS; By the way you still have not told us how you visualize the current US/ Pak impasse over the F16s. Thanks in advance
A

I agree with you. Regarding, F16, i don't see an impasse, only business as usual, sabre rattling, and negotiations with carrot and stick.

he is a good speaker on the programs but is unfairly treated by some anchors who dont let him talk and interrupt him constantly. I think he should restrict himself to the shows depending on the serious subjects and must avoid politicized mudslinging topics that are frequented by Nawaz league trolls.

very nice and aspiring interview. personally he is a very likable person
Most of the Pakistani TV shows are sub-standard, totally unfit for an educated discussion. I don't know if that's the national temperament. He is one of the best analysts who normally make sense to me and of course never uses foul language. He is even better in his personal life and a person can learn quite a lot from him...what I like the most is his discipline and focus.

Back
Top Bottom