What's new

Open Debate l Ex-UAE Mirage 2000-9s for PAF, aye or nay ?

PAF Should acquire the Ex-UAE Mirage-2000-9s as a stop gap?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, firstly they want only Mirage 2000, in fact Dassault was ready to transfer whole production line to India.
Then Iaf got new found money & MMRCA saga begins.
LCA is interceptor would not be hurt from Mirage.

Lol, its you who on drugs as whole life of Mirage 2000 is nearly 6000 hrs & with update 8000 hrs, where does 15000 flight hrs UAE Mirage 2000-9 come from ?
its very murky to say the least

fact is IAF loves M2Ks and no ammount of them is too less for M2k

fact is last NDA goverment was in principle greeng to buying 126 more and initiated to complete TOT which french later agreed to but since goverment changed and the new one wasnt "interested"

fact is LCA was dragged too much and goal posts were changed as IAF always wanted more M2Ks

fact also is that after UPA came to power something changed and IAF who wanted M2K as a medium catagory fighter suddenlli wanted a twin engined fighter and then came the disatrous MMRCA saga that wasted a full decade of IAF ... had NDA got a second shot things would have had been much much different than what they are now

last but not the least where and when did i said that UAE M2Ks had clocked 15000 flying hours or is that you who is no drugs .... i never mentioned that UAE M2Ks had clocked 15000 flying hours all i always said was that they are almost in mint condition and very less flying hours on the clock and thats it ... period

Its a typo error which i already corrected 3500 hours why i should provide you whatever you demand go and search yourself.

and your working for their air force right ?
No but we all have a basic idea of how many hours the best airforces fly their aircrafts
36 of the 32 UAE mirages were inducted in 2002-04
They are barely 11-13 years old, and Given the fact that the much superior in training PAF flies their aircrafts for 150 hours a year, you can guess how many ours the Arabs actually fly.
Also in most conflicts, UAE have used the much more superior F16 Blk 60, rather than the mirages

its very murky to say the least

fact is IAF loves M2Ks and no ammount of them is too less for M2k

fact is last NDA goverment was in principle greeng to buying 126 more and initiated to complete TOT which french later agreed to but since goverment changed and the new one wasnt "interested"
True, but not purchasing additional Mirage was IAF decision as various other companies pitch their Aircrafts, so IAF decides to competitive Bid.

fact is LCA was dragged too much and goal posts were changed as IAF always wanted more M2Ks
LCA M2K was whole different league, don't compare them, even LCA MK2 with more powerful engine compared to M2K fall short in range, payload & avionics.

fact also is that after UPA came to power something changed and IAF who wanted M2K as a medium catagory fighter suddenlli wanted a twin engined fighter and then came the disatrous MMRCA saga that wasted a full decade of IAF ... had NDA got a second shot things would have had been much much different than what they are now
Only bad thing UPA had done is letting free IAF as rabid dog with their new found money.
Defence forces need to be tamed by GoI

last but not the least where and when did i said that UAE M2Ks had clocked 15000 flying hours or is that you who is no drugs .... i never mentioned that UAE M2Ks had clocked 15000 flying hours all i always said was that they are almost in mint condition and very less flying hours on the clock and thats it ... period
Those comment was for Pakistani poster who said that as whole Mirage life with MLU is not more than 8000 hrs.

True, but not purchasing additional Mirage was IAF decision as various other companies pitch their Aircrafts, so IAF decides to competitive Bid.

LCA M2K was whole different league, don't compare them, even LCA MK2 with more powerful engine compared to M2K fall short in range, payload & avionics.

Only bad thing UPA had done is letting free IAF as rabid dog with their new found money.
Defence forces need to be tamed by GoI

Those comment was for Pakistani poster who said that as whole Mirage life with MLU is not more than 8000 hrs.
sorry for my rude language bhai ... i oplogise

point is LCA was never meant to replace M2K or jags it was to replace Mig21s but IAF knew if LCA was around chances of it morphing into a multi role platform were much much higher which could jeopardise M2Ks

but the things as of now are =back to the square one MP wants UAE M2Ks+36 rafale to replace 126 rafale as intended but IAF wants UAE M2Ks + 36+18 french built rafles 90 made in india under TOT/make in india and all that

sounds more like nothings gonna happen :coffee:

sorry for my rude language bhai ... i oplogise
Its ok

point is LCA was never meant to replace M2K or jags it was to replace Mig21s but IAF knew if LCA was around chances of it morphing into a multi role platform were much much higher which could jeopardise M2Ks
Wrong even LCA MK1 is more advance than Jaguar or MIG 27 but Jaguar Airframe have lot of life left (Britain retired Jaguar in 2004 & produced till 2008 :d)

but the things as of now are =back to the square one MP wants UAE M2Ks+36 rafale to replace 126 rafale as intended but IAF wants UAE M2Ks + 36+18 french built rafles 90 made in india under TOT/make in india and all that
My take, buy Mirage M2K (time to cash good relation with UAE) & forget Rafale, concentrate on LCA, FGFA & AMCA

sounds more like nothings gonna happen :coffee:
Glory to Government of India :lol:

Its ok

Wrong even LCA MK1 is more advance than Jaguar or MIG 27 but Jaguar Airframe have lot of life left (Britain retired Jaguar in 2004 & produced till 2008 :d)

My take, buy Mirage M2K (time to cash good relation with UAE) & forget Rafale, concentrate on LCA, FGFA & AMCA

Glory to Government of India :lol:
off all IAF doesnt wants to let go rafales now :hitwall:

so here is the deal what PMO & DM(MP) has given IAF 36 rafales now + all those second hand M2Ks they can buy from the market and upgrade them all .... lets see what happens :coffee:

off all IAF doesnt wants to let go rafales now :hitwall:

so here is the deal what PMO & DM(MP) has given IAF 36 rafales now + all those second hand M2Ks they can buy from the market and upgrade them all .... lets see what happens :coffee:
And cost of operating only 36 Aircraft ?
UAE Mirage is very good option we have chance to grab it.

Do you think that UAE will provide us Mirage 2000 after Pakistan took the stand to be neutral on Yemen war?

Do you think that UAE will provide us Mirage 2000 after Pakistan took the stand to be neutral on Yemen war?
thats exactlli what i am saying .... tommorow if pakistn decides to send a couple of divissions into yemen and quell the houthies im sure pakistan will not just get UAE M2Ks but much much more ... point is do pakistan is in a state to say no or in a state to say yes to UAE & saudies over yemen crisis

Actually the if the congress govt have listened to the IAF which was favouring Mirrage 2000 in 80's instead of buying role specific Mig 29, Mig 27, Mig 23BN, Mirrage 2000 should have been procured in large nos up to 250 or 300 it would have resulted in wonders and could be upgraded to 2009 std what is happening presently and there would be no such pressure in the induction of LCA. Even former IAF chief Tipnis indicated into this direction that instead of role specific fighter plane i.e ground attack, air superiority, interceptor and Recce, one multirole fighter would be far more better and would have lower the logistic, training and support costing. The govt. learned this leason hard way when finding that the Russian fighter planes cheaper in purchasing cost way to costly to maintain and poor availability.

thats exactlli what i am saying .... tommorow if pakistn decides to send a couple of divissions into yemen and quell the houthies im sure pakistan will not just get UAE M2Ks but much much more ... point is do pakistan is in a state to say no or in a state to say yes to UAE & saudies over yemen crisis

Being neutral on this issue is in Pakistan's interest. Even if we send our troops to Yemen, after this war, Gulf will ask us to send our troops to Iraq or Syria to fight against ISIS, which would be totally illogical.

Being neutral on this issue is in Pakistan's interest. Even if we send our troops to Yemen, after this war, Gulf will ask us to send our troops to Iraq or Syria to fight against ISIS, which would be totally illogical.
well pakistan always did those kinds of jobs for oil rish arab states and thats the onli importence of pakistan for them if pakistan doesnt does that again it will be pakistan onli that will pay the price .... its a vicious circle :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom