What's new

Open Debate l Ex-UAE Mirage 2000-9s for PAF, aye or nay ?

PAF Should acquire the Ex-UAE Mirage-2000-9s as a stop gap?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
please let sleeping dogs lie. got nothing better to do.

Sorry to open an old thread but i've been thinking:

As for UAE Mirage 2000s, I don't think they'd give them to us in the wake of our refusal to provide troops for the Yemen imbroglio. In fact they might give them to the enemy indians to "teach us a lesson" as I'm sure india would be interested to induct more of those in the medium run. Or they could at least make "the offer" in order to push us - if the Yemen nonsense perpetually worsens (wont change our foreign policy)

Having said that, induction of yet another weapons system into our inventory is not a good thing as it increases logistics problems MANIFOLD.
are you saying UAE is thinking of selling its M2Ks to india :azn:

if somehow indians ditch rafale in favour of eft or anyother else then would french sell rafale to us ?
and why would india ditch rafales fro eurofighter when the main thing india wants from MMRCA is first strike/DEAD/SEAD missions and there is nothing owt there exept for F-22, F-35 that can do it better

are you saying UAE is thinking of selling its M2Ks to india :azn:

A better question would be Guru ji " How good is the SU-30 MKI if IAF is willing to induct more Second hand junk from the UAE while it can easily order more MKI's " -- :whistle::whistle: :pdf::pdf:

A better question would be Guru ji " How good is the SU-30 MKI if IAF is willing to induct more Second hand junk from the UAE while it can easily order more MKI's " -- :whistle::whistle: :pdf::pdf:
we dont just have 200+MKIs but 53M2Ks and 60+Mig29s both upgraded to the maximum limit san AESA radar+150 Upgraded jags and 150+ upgraded Bisons but still we have a serous shortfall in numbers and if these UAE M2Ks join IAF we after upgrading them will have 100+ M2Ks wich in turn will be more cost effective solutiuon than the MRCA Rafale itself saving us billions of dollars till FGFA/PAKFA come in full strenth into IAF

MY vote goes for more f-16 probably block 40 + C/D as required infrastructure is there also we can excercise 18 C/D brand new ones i think it is a game of mouse and cat some how we are waiting for IAF to make decision we have more then few options with us ,J-10 is another candidate it keeps the balance very nice .One West ,One East and One local

we dont just have 200+MKIs but 53M2Ks and 60+Mig29s both upgraded to the maximum limit san AESA radar+150 Upgraded jags and 150+ upgraded Bisons but still we have a serous shortfall in numbers and if these UAE M2Ks join IAF we after upgrading them will have 100+ M2Ks wich in turn will be more cost effective solutiuon than the MRCA Rafale itself saving us billions of dollars till FGFA/PAKFA come in full strenth into IAF

BTW the question was put in those terms to simply elaborate the mind set of the common fan boy (not saying you are a fan boy or anything) -- when its the PAF purchasing second hand RJAF falcons all of the fanboy brigade is like "ohh they are preferring second hand falcons over thunder" -- yet when there is a supposition of IAF taking the same route ... suddenly reasons like "cost effectiveness" are given -- yet the same reasons don't suffice when its PAF we're talking about --- and btw Guru jii ..

faa971f72c075a37c8da986202320b8a4a366019464f5a6d29c5539ea4e4843d.jpg

Last edited:
who's serous

why so serious.jpg

BTW the question was put in those terms to simply elaborate the mind set of the common fan boy (not saying you are a fan boy or anything) -- when its the PAF purchasing second hand RJAF falcons all of the fanboy brigade is like "ohh they are preferring second hand falcons over thunder" -- yet when there is a supposition of IAF taking the same route ... suddenly reasons like "cost effectiveness" are given -- yet the same reasons don't suffice when its PAF we're talking about --- and btw Guru jii ..
in short : its all about economics .. spin it the way you like :cheers:

Attachments

• a-the_joker_wallpaper-13899.jpg
    a-the_joker_wallpaper-13899.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 18
Nor arguing your point -- just saying -- that this argument when presented from our side is treated as :blah::blah::blah:
as i said before its all about your economy and purchasing power .... on topic chances are IAF just might have some four squads of rafale and the second hand UAE M2Ks aswell :cheers:

Sorry to open an old thread but i've been thinking:

As for UAE Mirage 2000s, I don't think they'd give them to us in the wake of our refusal to provide troops for the Yemen imbroglio. In fact they might give them to the enemy indians to "teach us a lesson" as I'm sure india would be interested to induct more of those in the medium run. Or they could at least make "the offer" in order to push us - if the Yemen nonsense perpetually worsens (wont change our foreign policy)

Having said that, induction of yet another weapons system into our inventory is not a good thing as it increases logistics problems MANIFOLD.
They will need us pretty soon. Bharati banya is not going to protect them, we will. Pakistan is on the right side of history.

A new MKI will cost 60 Million USD and we have to wait till 2019, if we order now
We have a fleet of 250 Mig21/27 that need to be scraped on urgent basis
Half of the UAE mirages have less than 1000 hrs on them, other half, barely 3000 hrs
They are more advance than the upgraded Mirage 2000 of IAF

Since we are unlikely to induct more than 36 Rafales, I say we should buy the UAE Mirages, if they offer them.
They will be a good replacement for IAF Jaguar IS, half of which will be retired by 2026

Apparently there was a lot of tussle over these Mirages between India and Pakistan.
Pakistan pulled out after America lifted sanctions and released the F-16s.
India and UAE went ahead with serious negotiations but the deal fell through after India was offering ridiculous amount for these almost new air frames.

Used mirages good for India they already have support infrastructure and maintenance capability even Mirages prove very effective during Kargil operation (As per IAF). They should purchase from U.A.E since Pakistan have no interest in French birds.

Apparently there was a lot of tussle over these Mirages between India and Pakistan.
India and UAE went ahead with serious negotiations but the deal fell through after India was offering ridiculous amount for these almost new air frames.
current indian offer per UAE M2K is said to be close to 25million$$s per plane :coffee:

As per my info again UAE offer both countries (Pakistan first) on less price lets see who will take these birds but seriously Pakistan should not buy Mirages go for F-16 and JF-17.

current indian offer per UAE M2K is said to be close to 25million$$s per plane :coffee:
25 m:rofl: Previously UAE offer 18 to 20 m to Pakistan which Pakistan refuses, Indian offer was 12 to 15 which rejected by UAE, after failure to sell now UAE offering the same as India offered earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom