What's new

New OIC secretary-general urged to help resolve Kashmir issue

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
New OIC secretary-general urged to help resolve Kashmir issue

1391785481309141800.jpg

Under the concept of two-nation theory implemented during division of the Indian sub-continent, Kashmir should have been an integral part of Pakistan since over 90 percent of the population is Muslim, according to former Saudi diplomat, Dr. Ali Al-Ghamdi.
Dr. Al-Ghamdi was speaking at a symposium, “Kashmir and obligations of the Muslim World” organized by the Pakistan Repatriation Council (PRC) on the occasion of Kashmir Solidarity Day.
Claiming that the region was handed over to a non-Muslim ruler due to a British conspiracy, Dr. Al-Ghamdi hoped the new chief of Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) Iyad Madani will take the Kashmir issue seriously.

He also took the occasion to urge the OIC to take up the issue of stranded Pakistanis who are languishing in Bangladeshi camps for over four decades. Since both Pakistan and Bangladesh are members of OIC, it is most appropriate that it takes the initiative to solve the problem, he said, and praised the PRC for projecting the issues of Kashmir and stranded Pakistanis.

PRC Convener Syed Ehsanul Haque urged the OIC to make concerted efforts to solve the issue of Kashmir. In the past, several opportunities were lost due to lack of serious action to solve the issue, he said, adding that India should immediately remove forces from Kashmir and hand over power to local leaders who should also be included in all future negotiations over the issue.
“We hope the Nawaz Sharif government will take urgent measures to solve both the issue of Kashmir and stranded Pakistanis,” he said.

Choudhry Riaz Ghumman, chairman of Pak-Saudi Friendship Society, condemned the United Nations double standards, and referred to the UN-held plebiscites that took place in East Timor and Sudan within no time. In the case of Kashmir, however, it is yet to take action despite a lapse of 66 years, he pointed out.
Aziz Ahmed, secretary general of Pakistan Engineers Society, said the Pakistani government should take measures to solve the issue of Kashmir, and may even have to approach the US and other super powers to commit India for a plebiscite.

Tayyab Mosani, secretary general, Pakistan Memon Association, said the Kashmir issue will not be solved just by speeches and symposiums but by taking strong integrated efforts and approach to the issue.
Choudhry Mohammad Azam of Kashmir Committee exhorted every Pakistani to play his role in highlighting the issue. “It is not only for the rulers and parties to project the Kashmir issue,” he said.
Others who spoke on the occasion included Hamid Islam Khan, Mohammad Ashfaque Badaoyouni and Mohammad Akram Agha.

The PRC at the end of the program adopted resolutions demanding that the Pakistan government use the OIC, the UN and the US to influence India to hold a plebiscite in Kashmir.
It urged Pakistan’s prime minister to reactivate the Rabita Trust, which was frozen in 2001 and restart the process of repatriation and rehabilitation of hapless Pakistanis who have been stranded in Bangladesh since 1971.
It suggested settlement of the issue on self-finance basis and that Bangladesh should also play its role in solving the issue.
The function started with the recitation of the Holy Qur’an by Qari Abdul Majeed. Abdul Qayyum Wasiq conducted the symposium.
Several poets including Syed Mohsin Alavi, Abdul Qayyum Wasiq and Zamurrad Khan Saifi recited poems in tribute to Kashmiris.

New OIC secretary-general urged to help resolve Kashmir issue | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

you know what OIC means.

Right?

It really means Oh I see!

hahahahahaha

And no!

OIC is a toothless paper tiger (It cannot give anyone a paper cut even if it wanted to). So it cannot solve anything like Kashmir etc.

Asking OIC to solve complicated border issues is like asking a monkey to design space shuttle.

Sure you can ask him

But will he oblige you?

Well that all depends on one's belief system.

hahaha

you know what OIC means.

Right?

It really means Oh I see!

hahahahahaha

And no!

OIC is a toothless paper tiger (It cannot give anyone a paper cut even if it wanted to). So it cannot solve anything like Kashmir etc.

Asking OIC to solve complicated border issues is like asking a monkey to design space shuttle.

Sure you can ask him

But will he oblige you?

Well that all depends on one's belief system.

hahaha

You know the OIC is not a political organization. The announcement made is to urge Muslim countries leadership to take Kashmir issue into account. At least a little pressure on India. Let's make some noise am I right here my dear brother.

Last edited:
Come and Get it .

Also Neither Arabian Legend nor ex OIC chief understands " 2 nation theory" . 2 nation theory if i break it down to very basic terms comes to 1 nation for for muslims who would like to separate to protect self interest and one nation for everyone else ( including muslims 150 million plus of them ) .

And any organization who wants to challenge territorial integrity of India , I say best of Luck .

Come and Get it .

Also Neither Arabian Legend nor ex OIC chief understands " 2 nation theory" . 2 nation theory if i break it down to very basic terms comes to 1 nation for for muslims who would like to separate to protect self interest and one nation for everyone else ( including muslims 150 million plus of them ) .

And any organization who wants to challenge territorial integrity of India , I say best of Luck .

Dont shot the messenger mate.

In all seriousness, Kashmir must be handed back to Pakistan where it belongs.

Usual lip service but everyone knows that they are not capable of anything let alone solve Kashmir. And regarding pressure on India from Islamic countries, Best of Luck!!!

OIC should start with holding plebiscites in the countries that are members of the organization. Hypocrites.

Dont shot the messenger mate.

In all seriousness, Kashmir must be handed back to Pakistan where it belongs.
Best of luck to you and OIC on pressurising India over its integral part 'Kashmir'.

A pakistani said to me once that OIC is a chai biscuit organization.

You know the OIC is not a political organization. The announcement made is to urge Muslim countries leadership to take Kashmir issue into account. At least a little pressure on India. Let's make some noise am I right here my dear brother.

Yes I know and I appreciate the thought.

But here is my view and please understand the core of

-- problem vs. solution
-- empty talk vs. action

Level-zero problem: That is if there is no problem in the world, then no action, and 100% talk
Level-tiny problem: If there is a tiny problem you face, then tiny action, and a lot of time leftover to talk
Level-Medium problem: If there is a medium level problem, then medium level action and a medium level talk

Level-Large problem: if there is a large problem, then a lot of action is needed, and the empty talk must be kept to the minimum

Level-mo forking HUGE problem:

if there is a HUGE problem, I mean when you say Oh mo forking $hit,

then there should be zero empty talk and 100% mo forking action.

Could you tell me where the problem. Is it Level-zero or on the other side of the scale?

Let's here it

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom