What's new

MBS requests Iraqi mediation between Iran and KSA

Surprised they didn’t ask Pakistan to mediate.

Maybe Saudis think Pakistan leans too much in their favor to be a fair and trusted negotiator.

We have our own problems with Iran for their role in Afghanistan and their support of Indian terrorism in Chahbahar.

We are not neutral, however neither are we totally on either side of KSA-Iran tussle.

Sure buddy.

Brother, what do you think about internal fracture of KSA and arrival of Al Mahdi?

Recently many misfortunes have afflicted KSA.

Well, they were too self confident that they could defeat the Houthis. Anyway, what they haven't achieved yet is that they've so far failed to capture Sanaa. I don't see how they have kept the Yemeni government alive if they don't control the capital.

That aside, the Western regions of Yemen are of strategic importance to Iran as they are close to the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea. I don't know anything about the eastern regions of Yemen.

Believe me, it's a mutual feeling. Saudis hate Iran with a passion too. It was MBS who talked about bringing war into Iran, not the other way around.

This is your view, most of us knew Houthis had upperhand and Saudi inexperience may prove deadly but they proved us otherwise. You can make fun of Saudis all you want but they rolled back a Houthi conquest , besieged them, took over strategic ports and gave them to UN to control. They are still on outskirts of these cities/ports and will play that card if needed. They can target Houthis whenever and Houthi ballistic missile attacks are mostly proving ineffective.

No one knows what Iranian plan for Yemen is. It seems to be to nothing more than inflicting pain on Saudi Arabia and there is no endgame to that except a catostrophic one which will not bode well for Iran.

This is your view, most of us knew Houthis had upperhand and Saudi inexperience may prove deadly but they proved us otherwise. You can make fun of Saudis all you want but they rolled back a Houthi conquest , besieged them, took over strategic ports and gave them to UN to control. They are still on outskirts of these cities/ports and will play that card if needed. They can target Houthis whenever and Houthi ballistic missile attacks are mostly proving ineffective.

No one knows what Iranian plan for Yemen is. It seems to be to nothing more than inflicting pain on Saudi Arabia and there is no endgame to that except a catostrophic one which will not bode well for Iran.
I think we have different views. I believe the Saudi air defense has been proven ineffective. Their radars and SAMs failed to detect and neutralize Houthi attacks on their oil infrastructures. They failed to capture Al-Hudaida, even though they claimed they would do it in 72 hours. Months after that, maybe even a year after that, they haven't done it yet. If you take into account the air superiority of Saudi Arabia and the direct military aids of the US, it's not surprising that they have besieged a militant group with fewer than 50,000 soldiers.

Well, I know what plans we have for Yemen. It's not only about inflicting pain on Saudi Arabia in their backyard, but it's also about our presence near the Red Sea and Bab El-Mandeb. If we have presence near energy routes from the Middle East to Europe, Europe will be much less motivated to join a possible US aggression on Iran. Our presence in Syria and Yemen help us with this strategy.

Brother, what do you think about internal fracture of KSA and arrival of Al Mahdi?

Recently many misfortunes have afflicted KSA.

I don't know brother , but I'm sure we are the last generation and based off my reading Al Mahdi will be normal , unknown person and will be powerless in the beginning. To point where others will try seeking him in Mecca and he gets help from God. So it would be hard for us as a people since people would need to make changes in their lives and accept that we are the last generation and life will be over soon for the permanent.

I think we have different views. I believe the Saudi air defense has been proven ineffective. Their radars and SAMs failed to detect and neutralize Houthi attacks on their oil infrastructures. They failed to capture Al-Hudaida, even though they claimed they would do it in 72 hours. Months after that, maybe even a year after that, they haven't done it yet. If you take into account the air superiority of Saudi Arabia and the direct military aids of the US, it's not surprising that they have besieged a militant group with fewer than 50,000 soldiers.

Well, I know what plans we have for Yemen. It's not only about inflicting pain on Saudi Arabia in their backyard, but it's also about our presence near the Red Sea and Bab El-Mandeb. If we have presence near energy routes from the Middle East to Europe, Europe will be much less motivated to join a possible US aggression on Iran. Our presence in Syria and Yemen help us with this strategy.

How has their AD been ineffective? Because of one attack which orignitated from Iran and used Iraq/Kuwaiti territory? Besides that, their AD has mostly defended larger cities well. Only border areas have Houthis succeeded in targeting in some instances.

Houthis will not jeapordaize relations with EU/UN and Saudi Navy has foiled much of their attacks at the sea. So Saudis are gaining experience as well. Saudis proved to be effective and not paper tiger and some like to claim. Only unproven aspect of their army are ground forces which they haven't utilized much in Yemen.

How has their AD been ineffective? Because of one attack which orignitated from Iran and used Iraq/Kuwaiti territory? Besides that, their AD has mostly defended larger cities well. Only border areas have Houthis succeeded in targeting in some instances.

Houthis will not jeapordaize relations with EU/UN and Saudi Navy has foiled much of their attacks at the sea. So Saudis are gaining experience as well. Saudis proved to be effective and not paper tiger and some like to claim. Only unproven aspect of their army are ground forces which they haven't utilized much in Yemen.
They have been targeted successfully more than once. Even the Abqaiq attack was in fact two attacks at different parts of Saudi Arabia. But haven't you checked any of the videos that the Saudi citizens have released on the internet about the failures of their AD systems? I can remember at least two malfunctions of the Saudi AD captured on video by Saudi citizens.

Well, let's agree to disagree because in my opinion, if the Yemen war proved anything, it proved the Saudis incompetent. Also, I think the military facts are not in the favor of the Saudis throughout the region. Having spent hundreds of billions of dollars in the last 5 years, they haven't won much in Yemen, Syria, Iraq or Libya. Their coalition in Yemen collapsed. Pakistan and Oman preferred to stay neutral. The UAE now has its own ambitions that are in many situations in conflict with theirs. And the whole idea of an Arabic NATO never materialized. Also, their relationship with Turkey has gone sour as well.

They have been targeted successfully more than once. Even the Abqaiq attack was in fact two attacks at different parts of Saudi Arabia. But haven't you checked any of the videos that the Saudi citizens have released on the internet about the failures of their AD systems? I can remember at least two malfunctions of the Saudi AD captured on video by Saudi citizens.

What was targeted more than once? Are you talking about attacks in general? Obviously a portion of those will succeed. Especially in Saudi cities near the border. They have protected their major cities well, overall, with exception of AlBaqiaq refinery attack that was because Iran caught them off guard by launching an attack directly from its territory.

Majority of Houthi BM's have been shot down. It is costly for the Saudi's but done the job for them.

Well, let's agree to disagree because in my opinion, if the Yemen war proved anything, it proved the Saudis incompetent. Also, I think the military facts are not in the favor of the Saudis throughout the region. Having spent hundreds of billions of dollars in the last 5 years, they haven't won much in Yemen, Syria, Iraq or Libya. Their coalition in Yemen collapsed. Pakistan and Oman preferred to stay neutral. The UAE now h
as its own ambitions that are in many situations in conflict with theirs. And the whole idea of an Arabic NATO never materialized. Also, their relationship with Turkey has gone sour as well.

We are talking about Yemen and nothing else, Saudi's do not need Iran for anything. They spend a lot as they are in immediate need for equipment and expanding their navy. Their political policies in region is another discussion. In Yemen, however, they have been mostly on their own and achieved their objectives. The media war they are not effective at but it doesn't matter in the end. I don't remember them asking Pakistan or Oman for anything but diplomatic support and asking Omani's to prevent weapons smuggling into Yemen thru their territory.

What did Saudi's do in Iraq btw? Media campaign to influence Iraqi public opinion? I will not give Saudi's credit for what has happened in Iraq, but if we go by your logic they ignited a major revolution in Iraq that led to PMU offices being burned down and forced Iraqi PM's to resign. Including one of your main ally, AbdelMahdi.

What was targeted more than once? Are you talking about attacks in general? Obviously a portion of those will succeed. Especially in Saudi cities near the border. They have protected their major cities well, overall, with exception of AlBaqiaq refinery attack that was because Iran caught them off guard by launching an attack directly from its territory.

Majority of Houthi BM's have been shot down. It is costly for the Saudi's but done the job for them.

We are talking about Yemen and nothing else, Saudi's do not need Iran for anything. They spend a lot as they are in immediate need for equipment and expanding their navy. Their political policies in region is another discussion. In Yemen, however, they have been mostly on their own and achieved their objectives. The media war they are not effective at but it doesn't matter in the end. I don't remember them asking Pakistan or Oman for anything but diplomatic support and asking Omani's to prevent weapons smuggling into Yemen thru their territory.

What did Saudi's do in Iraq btw? Media campaign to influence Iraqi public opinion? I will not give Saudi's credit for what has happened in Iraq, but if we go by your logic they ignited a major revolution in Iraq that led to PMU offices being burned down and forced Iraqi PM's to resign. Including one of your main ally, AbdelMahdi.
Its better for the entire region if Saudi and Iran cooperated instead of fighting. Make the region more richer instead of the scum at lockheed.

Iraqi prime minister is friends' or something with MBS, so it's not unlikely this news.

Although what will the result be, nothing major. And ISIS is currently growing in Iraq so they've got enough to deal with.

Exactly what Soleimani was trying to do before he was assassinated. I'd be cautious.
united states years back realized that Iran can humiliatingly defeat them in region that is why they tried to form an alliance of south side Arabs and Israel against us to ensure we will be too busy to deal with their troops in region.
so a truce between Arabs and Iran would be a nail in their coffins. Suleimani was traveling between Iran and Iraq for years he was not that hard to find him. the main reason for targeting him in that particular era was the deal between Iran and SA.

KSA does not need Iran for nothing.
maybe KSA needs us to stop being enemy??

I was reviewing the twitter accounts from KSA and it looks like they were affected more than anybody else in the region.

They have lost their income from their top two sources: oil and hajj.

I hope we can all transition quickly to safety during this COVID-19 pandemic.

Its better for the entire region if Saudi and Iran cooperated instead of fighting. Make the region more richer instead of the scum at lockheed.

Saudi is not fighting Iran, Iran chooses to fight Saudis. It is none of your business what Saudis do with their money. If you want to make yourselves rich then that is your responsibility and not the Saudis. You could start with tackling corruption in Iran. Iranian Supreme Leader family is estimated to be worth billions.

maybe KSA needs us to stop being enemy??

No they don't, you're only hurting your own country in the long run by making more enemies out of the region.

They have targeted the heart of Saudi Arabia more than once. As for the Abqaiq Attack, just because the Saudis have failed to detect it (which is another example of their incompetence), it doesn't mean it was launched from the Iranian territory. Even so, they have to prove it. When we shoot down American drones or capture American/British sailors, we always release the data of the path they traveled and when they entered our territory. Saudis have no clue what happened there.

I am sure that the Saudi Army has long been focused on Iran, even before the Yemen war. Satellite images have shown times and times again that they have their Dongfeng missiles pointing towards Tehran since at least a decade ago.

They weren't on their own. They formed a coalition and even to this date, they call it a coalition. A coalition that in reality didn't last long and collapsed because people realized that it had reached a stalemate. They have had and continue to have direct military support from the US, France and Israel in Yemen. They officially requested Pakistan for military support in Yemen. Pakistan initially accepted to join them until the Pakistani parliament voted against military intervention in Yemen and favored neutrality. Even the leadership of the coalition was supposed to be by a Pakistani general. Oman initially accepted it too, but then when Iran talked them out of it citing excellent relations between our countries for decades, they preferred to stay away.

As for the UAE, Saudi-backed and UAE-backed forces in Yemen have had several major clashes there. It's no longer a secret that the Saudis and the Emiratis have different ambitions.

Iran's influence in Iraq has nothing to do with people like Abdul Mahdi and you know it well. He was never a main Iranian asset. The idea of Abdul Mahdi resigning was in fact proposed and supported by Iran. Not the other way around. Any Iraqi Prime Minister will be pressured by Iranian allies in Iraq to act in line with them and they have the means to do that.

The general outlook for the Saudis in the region isn't good at all. Particularly now that covid-19 has reduced the world's dependence on oil. The US seems reluctant to save them. Israel never saves another Middle Eastern country. That much is not for debate because it is obvious. Turkey has turned against them. The UAE has betrayed them. And I am completely against any dialogue between Iran and Saudis. Let them handle things on their own. Israel will soon make a move to invade the West Bank and then even your own country will be forced to stay away from the Saudis because of their open ties with Israel.

Back
Top Bottom