What's new

Iran unveiled Khaybar (forth generation khorramshahr) ballistic missile

Meanwhile, the Iranian SR/TR-BM program is ~25 years old.
more than that it started at the time of war with Iraq, with medium to long range artillery rocket like Mushak in 80s.
the family today's it is better known as Nazeat which is the predecessor of Zelzal missiles which in turn later become a base for producing Fateh family of missile
Good post, rather perhaps Iran should build something like the Iskander or DPRK equivalents. And why the hell not, make an air launched version of that and put it under an F-14, i THINK it should fit. Iran's own Kinzhal.
what for we have Fateh and its big family of quasi ballistic missiles , why we most abandon our missiles in favor of Made in N. Korea Russian design ?
our missiles evolved in ways that the Iskander didn't , it has longer range , it have the ability to target naval and moving targets , it can fly in more depressed trajectory , ...... its ours and we knew it and we can develop it in ways we need.
it take years to achieve such mastery on the Russian platform

Good post, rather perhaps Iran should build something like the Iskander or DPRK equivalents. And why the hell not, make an air launched version of that and put it under an F-14, i THINK it should fit. Iran's own Kinzhal.
The problem is that the iriaf has shown no interest in this sort of capability,even tho it would potentially be a huge force multiplier and would also allow them to grab a slice of irans missile pie for themselves.
The only one that has shown any interest has been the irgcaf,however they are limited in the types of aeroballistics that they could potentially use by the limitations in the carrying capacity of the su22 airframe that they operate.

Civilian development is only achievable when you can defend yourself. First worry about have a strong military, romans had it clear, be war prepared it s the only way to enjoy peace in a civilized way. Learn what Irak, Syria and Afgansitan has suffered... being naive and weak has a huge price.
Only civilian development can sustain military development otherwise at some point,we will run out of money to spend on military hardware
So instead of increasing the range of Missiles,we better spend that money on civilian education and economic development
But our compromised military will never allow this to happen.

Apples and oranges.

No, it’s not. You said North Korea didn’t have any solid fuel tactical BMs and I proved you wrong. So just admit you were wrong and let’s move on. We don’t need a lesson on the Iranian Missile Program, everyone knows that Dr. Meson

DPRK's Solid SR/TR-BM program is barely 5-6 years old with few tests and a lack of diversity in the missile family.

You said they did not have any solid fuel tactical BMs. Pretty clear statement you made. That’s all I corrected. No need to get into a long history of NK vs Iran program that everyone here knows. Just factually correcting you. Accept it and move on.
They came into this domain very late and still are not focusing that much on the solid SRBMs the way they are focusing on liquid fueled IRBM/ICBMs.

Because they have 10,000+ artillery pieces aimed at SK. Their main enemy is within artillery and artillery rocket range. They didn’t have the need to invest in this space. I assume they want to be able to target areas in SK further than 200KM, but less than 750-1000KM, so they built these missiles. But it’s not a large need to their doctrine like it is Iran’s.

No, it’s not. You said North Korea didn’t have any solid fuel tactical BMs and I proved you wrong. So just admit you were wrong and let’s move on. We don’t need a lesson on the Iranian Missile Program, everyone knows that Dr. Meson

You said they did not have any solid fuel tactical BMs. Pretty clear statement you made. That’s all I corrected. No need to get into a long history of NK vs Iran program that everyone here knows. Just factually correcting you. Accept it and move on.

I did not know your sleep depends upon my statements now but if that is so then I will modify my statement so that you can understand it better:

DPRK has no solid SRBM program that can be compared to the Iranian one. They are babies compared to Iran in this domain and are not expanding or diversifying the infant program it the way Iran has done in 25 years. So my statement sustains itself.

Because they have 10,000+ artillery pieces aimed at SK. Their main enemy is within artillery and artillery rocket range. They didn’t have the need to invest in this space. I assume they want to be able to target areas in SK further than 200KM, but less than 750-1000KM, so they built these missiles. But it’s not a large need to their doctrine like it is Iran’s.

pure BS

It's related to fuel. Why their long-range BMs are liquid-fueled? Nobody else uses that now. Iran unvieled Solid fueled Sejjil IRBM some 16 years ago and Fateh-110 SRBM some 23 years ago. Both Solid yet DPRK still has no equivalent.

It's related to fuel. Why their long-range BMs are liquid-fueled? Nobody else uses that now. Iran unvieled Solid fueled Sejjil IRBM some 16 years ago and Fateh-110 SRBM some 23 years ago. Both Solid yet DPRK still has no equivalent.

Dr. Meson H-18 is a solid fuel ICBM. And the NK equivalent of F-110 are KN-23 and KN-24, both solid fuel.

You are correct in that some of their ICBMs/MRBMs are liquid fuel, which is very common among silo and train launched nuclear arsenals around the world. The difference is NK long range missiles will rarely be fired and if they are, they are carrying a nuclear warhead. Where as in Iran’s case they will be firing thousands of missiles with conventional warheads as its main attack power thus survivability is important.

I am not shocked Iran is much further ahead of North Korea even though NK gave Iran its first MRBM in No dong (Shahab-3) and assisted Iran during the war and into the 90’s. Look at GDP of NK and look at GDP of Iran. Look at resources of NK and look resources of Iran. Look at military budget of NK and military budget of Iran. Thus bragging that Iran has so much deeper arsenal than NK is a bit distasteful.

Even with this wide advantage, NK has reached ICBM stage (tested) faster than Iran and has also tested SLBM where as Iran has only tested SLCM. Each country has its own strengths in this field.

FxAAPC1WIAYLwI3.jpg

More details from Gen. Farahi interview:
About 8000 domestic companies are involved in the missiles production to achieve desired redundancy and production speed

on Kheybar:
cost of each missile is reduced to 1/10 of foreign products (leading to $200k-$300k per unit)
Transporter's speed has been tripled compared to previous generations
3-4 crew per launcher
different warheads and seekers can be installed on it
Missile can be stored with it's fuel for 3 years ( estimated max 10 years)
Missile's guidance system completely shuts down in reentry to counter possible EW
equipped with AI to use it's exoatosphere maneuverability in enemy's ambush zone
New material and remove of the fins has reduced the RCS
It's engine is placed inside the fuel tank to reduce the length of the missile to 13 meters
preparation time< 15 minutes
Launch to impact time for 2000km range< 12 minutes
warhead length: 4m
Max exoatmosphere speed: mach 16
max reentry speed: mach 8
CEP: 30m at 2000km range

Interview with gen. Farahi
5 خرداد 1402 - صف اول | شبکه خبر - ۵ خرداد ماه ۱۴۰۲

Missile can be stored with it's fuel for 3 years ( estimated max 10 years)
one of the most important achievement of our scientist in this field is this new fuel. many features and capabilities of the missile is because of the new fuel it able us to store the missile in ready to fire mode for a very long time and reduce deployment time dramatically . it also give us comparable cheaper alternate to the expensive and inherently dangerous solid fuel that allow us to make bigger missile while keeping them economically feasible it also made us to program the missile with new flight pattern that were not possible to do so with solid fuel as the result the missile behavior become a lot more unpredictable for enemy air defense system .and thats one of the reason we become able to incorporate that AI assisted flight control and guidance system effectively inside it also that new fuel made it possible to use part of fuel tanks as engine holder and reduce the length of the missile and made it compatible with smaller and more mobile launchers

99+ % of them do not even care about Ukraine. The majority of them do not even know if there is any country named Ukraine,
Sure but the drones work don't they? Point is military equipment here not geography?

The problem is that the iriaf has shown no interest in this sort of capability,even tho it would potentially be a huge force multiplier and would also allow them to grab a slice of irans missile pie for themselves.
The only one that has shown any interest has been the irgcaf,however they are limited in the types of aeroballistics that they could potentially use by the limitations in the carrying capacity of the su22 airframe that they operate.
Well, if that would be the case the policy should come from the top not from the services. The top should say IRIAF or whatever service must have this or that capability. Anyway as i understand the IRIAF is marginalized and starved of funding by the top in favour of IRGC so i don't think IRIAF would not want this.

I'm kinda laughing thinking of Kinzhal (or a like iranian hypersonic missile) armed F-14s as well as F-4s and Su-24s, man that would surely make quite a few bricks to be defecated in the region.

I'm kinda laughing thinking of Kinzhal (or a like iranian hypersonic missile) armed F-14s as well as F-4s and Su-24s, man that would surely make quite a few bricks to be defecated in the region.
kinzhal is a 7.4 m long 4.3 ton heavy missile wonder you consider which of IRIAF inventory capable of carrying it ?
also not to mention its 1.6m long wing span

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom