What's new

Iran unveiled Khaybar (forth generation khorramshahr) ballistic missile

30m CEP at 2000km range = <30m CEP at c. 1500km range (every important site in Israel is around 1100-1250km from Iranian borders)

That is very impressive with a 1-1.5 ton HE warhead re-entering the atmosphere at mach 8. Perhaps my concerns about it's lack of precision were unfounded.

30m CEP at 2000km range = <30m CEP at c. 1500km range (every important site in Israel is around 1100-1250km from Iranian borders)

That is very impressive with a 1-1.5 ton HE warhead re-entering the atmosphere at mach 8. Perhaps my concerns about it's lack of precision were unfounded.
i say even with 30m of cep with its 1.5t war head the target is doomed anyway no matter what
even if the cep was higher the result would have been the same

i say even with 30m of cep with its 1.5t war head the target is doomed anyway no matter what
even if the cep was higher the result would have been the same
I guess it depends on the target, if it is a small fortified building (or even an underground facilities) then to ensure destruction you want to get as close as possible

But sure, 30m CEP with 1.5T warhead is already good enough for 99% of targets (although Iranian warheads have dubious effectiveness and we saw the somewhat limited effect of 12 SRBMs against the Mossad fortified building in Iraq not long ago)

kinzhal is a 7.4 m long 4.3 ton heavy missile wonder you consider which of IRIAF inventory capable of carrying it ?
also not to mention its 1.6m long wing span
I have looked into this and asked someone more knowledgeable, Kinzhal itself (which obviously it's highly unlikely it will be exported to anyone anyway) might be too big for F-14, but that doesn't mean a slighly smaller iranian version can't be built/tailored to fit. And i had in mind F-4 and Su-24 too. Everybody seems to be striving for air launched hypersonic missiles (China, Russia, the americans etc.) so why not Iran too.

I have looked into this and asked someone more knowledgeable, Kinzhal itself (which obviously it's highly unlikely it will be exported to anyone anyway) might be too big for F-14, but that doesn't mean a slighly smaller iranian version can't be built/tailored to fit. And i had in mind F-4 and Su-24 too. Everybody seems to be striving for air launched hypersonic missiles (China, Russia, the americans etc.) so why not Iran too.

Not sure the point of this if it is not quasi ballistic or depressed GV trajectory it will be very vulnerable to modern SAMs.

Iran’s closest military targets would be across the PG from Bahrain into Saudi Arabia. Easier to launch regular missiles from Bandar Abbas at these targets then take the less than 24 or whatever the number of operational F-14s and put them into harms way just to fire a single missile.

Would make more sense to build a quasi/GV BM or more likely an ultra low RCS CM like the Mobin concept (.01 RCS per Iran aka F-35 level) and have Qaher unmanned jet drop it. Would need to have a 500-1000KM range to be worth it. Easier to get an air launched compact CM that can do 1000KM+ than a BM.

Not sure the point of this if it is not quasi ballistic or depressed GV trajectory it will be very vulnerable to modern SAMs.

Iran’s closest military targets would be across the PG from Bahrain into Saudi Arabia. Easier to launch regular missiles from Bandar Abbas at these targets then take the less than 24 or whatever the number of operational F-14s and put them into harms way just to fire a single missile.

Would make more sense to build a quasi/GV BM or more likely an ultra low RCS CM like the Mobin concept (.01 RCS per Iran aka F-35 level) and have Qaher unmanned jet drop it. Would need to have a 500-1000KM range to be worth it. Easier to get an air launched compact CM that can do 1000KM+ than a BM.
Very insightful post.

Especially regarding the claims and counter claims by the Ukraine and Russia about Kinzhal. And to this end pertaining to the F-14

Discovered this at https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/kinzhal-iriaf-f-14.41575/#post-599657 very recently, like yesterday.

Piet

Very insightful post.

Especially regarding the claims and counter claims by the Ukraine and Russia about Kinzhal. And to this end pertaining to the F-14

Discovered this at https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/kinzhal-iriaf-f-14.41575/#post-599657 very recently, like yesterday.

Piet

Thank you.

Iran has already demonstrated cruise missile for drone in Heidar-1. However range is only 120 miles.

1685257131328.jpeg

To me, it makes sense to build the Mobin cruise missile concept which supposedly has already entered service although it has never been spotted.

mobin-image01.jpg

According to iran this low CM, has an RCS of less than .1m2 (error on my part for saying .01) and range of 450km, but could likely be extended with a more powerful engine.

Furthermore, It was also stated that the Mobin uses terrain contour matching (TERCOM) and/or digital scene matching area correlation (DSMAC) guidance.

To me this type of missile with radiation seeker can do a lot of damage to air defense setups than Iskander which is not well suited to target radiation sources.

I think the role of an air launched BM is simply not feasible for the archaic Iranian Air Force nor really needed. It doesn’t change the outcome of the battlefield in any marginally significant way.

Thank you.

Iran has already demonstrated cruise missile for drone in Heidar-1. However range is only 120 miles.

View attachment 931975

To me, it makes sense to build the Mobin cruise missile concept which supposedly has already entered service although it has never been spotted.

mobin-image01.jpg

According to iran this low CM, has an RCS of less than .1m2 (error on my part for saying .01) and range of 450km, but could likely be extended with a more powerful engine.

Furthermore, It was also stated that the Mobin uses terrain contour matching (TERCOM) and/or digital scene matching area correlation (DSMAC) guidance.

To me this type of missile with radiation seeker can do a lot of damage to air defense setups than Iskander which is not well suited to target radiation sources.

I think the role of an air launched BM is simply not feasible for the archaic Iranian Air Force nor really needed. It doesn’t change the outcome of the battlefield in any marginally significant way.

I regard Mobin as being the 'Silent killer'. I mean this in the tactical sense.

An air-launched hypersonic missile would not not be targeted at tactical, targets, but rather strategic (,,, static) HVT's. Call it 'Bolt of Lighting".

Su-35 & 30's.

This would exclude F-14's, that would that be flying CAP and 'riding shotgun' over outgoing strike packages.

I have posted more on this in my drop box, that will be updated tomorrow this time.

Piet

Last edited:

It can also be considered, that raising a dozen combat aircraft to launch said BMs or CMs, gives the opponent more reaction time than a surprise ground salvo.

Seems like in Russia, they are fully aware when Strategic bombers rise and when Mig-31's rise in Belarus well before launch.

You should read about the subject, friend

IISS (UK) put the range at 3200 KM for 0.5-0.7 Tons warhead (enough for a Strategic warhead) for the MaRV terminal guided system with CEP of 10 m

1658181481993-png.863076

More speedy and dangerous option is Solid fueled Sejjil II (tested and inducted for a decade) and III with ranges of 2500 and 3700 KM (Source: Norbert Brugge).

Practically Iran can install a MaRV on any of its SLV's and gain a pinpoint CEP in ICBM ranges.

1656204066288-png.856789

1656204144587-png.856792

Hypergolic fuel achievement is HUGE
Is the marv warhead an actual hypersonic glider?

Thank you.

View attachment 931975

mobin-image01.jpg

Yes what happened to Mobin, we never knew, this photo is the first and last we have. And about Sejjel black drone that i think also has the same features as a cruisse missile, again we never knew...

I regard Mobin as being the 'Silent killer'. I mean this in the tactical sense.

An air-launched hypersonic missile would not not be targeted at tactical, targets, but rather strategic (,,, static) HVT's. Call it 'Bolt of Lighting".

Su-35 & 30's.

This would exclude F-14's, that would that be flying CAP and 'riding shotgun' over outgoing strike packages.

I have posted more on this in my drop box, that will be updated tomorrow this time.

Piet
Uploaded to https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9wc4kgv5tti4l4qmkpfzd/h?dl=0&rlkey=8urg8kphpzzezjjgguijgxjyg

It is posted as
Thank you.

View attachment 931975

mobin-image01.jpg

I have pasted the latest iteration of my above note paper to: Under IRI FCA2 Parts 1 -5.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom