What's new

Marvel Representation of Pakistanis.

So your mom is 1st generation "muhajir" Pakistani? Since she did hijrat from Indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab in 47?
no one is - I have just seen it being used regularly and thought maybe this is the reason and others are not relating to it,or think its not part of pakjab- more of suggestive reasoning than anything

These idiots don't know about real world Khan is just name. Punjab main aanay walay pathans ko Punjabi izat sa khan sahab bulatay hain but yeh Punjab main common name bhi ha. I know many old men whose names are Khan Muhammad or Muhammad khan ya aysay miltay jultay names

Right. It is quite a common name as well as surname used in Punjab.

I for one do not believe that chakk de phattay or fattay, as non Sikh gangus like to say, is natural for a native Pakistani Punjabi speaker. It seems odd and out of place.

I have just seen it being used regularly
Ever since I was a kid I've only seen "chakk de fattay" being used by Sikhs in their Punjabi movies or in Bollywood movies. Even the non Punjabis in Bollywood movies exaggerate how the Sikhs speak Punjabi and their mannerisms in Indian Punjab. It is laughable.

Especially when it is said like fattay instead of phattay. You know the person saying it is a non Punjabi gangu.
no one is
Didn't you just say your mom is from East (Indian) Punjab??

I for one do not believe that chakk de phattay or fattay, as non Sikh gangus like to say, is natural for a native Pakistani Punjabi speaker. It seems odd and out of place.

That is not correct. I have heard this Punjabi idiom, in my childhood; and I am 64 years old; and was born and brought up in a small town of Punjab. I have used this idiom myself, far before I heard it from Indian movies.

It implies doing some exceptional/extraordinary feat. e.g.:

"Oye yaar: Oass banday nay tay phattay chukk dittay nay"

@B.K.N

Last edited:
Chuk da phattay or chak da fattay ka koi meaning hi nahi banta

See my above post, for meaning. Idioms and proverbs are allegorical and metaphorical, in nature, and not literal, and often, lose their background, over time, how they came about to be. That doesn't mean that they have no meaning.

Last edited:
Sab Pakistanis na hi yeh Bollywood sa suna ha.
Chukna means uthana phatta means koi lakri ka board or shehteer type something. Chuk da phattay or chak da fattay ka koi meaning hi nahi banta
Absolutely man that's what I've been trying to say in Pakistani central Punjab dialects it seems very very out of place/odd.

Only Faisalabadi dialect is relatively closer to Indian Sikh dialect. Even there it's very rare to use this expression.

in a small town of Punjab
What town sir G?

animal cruelty supporters, vegan
isn't that contradictory? they throw pigs who spend their whole lives in pens the same size as them alive into boiling hot water, smash their heads with hammers, and then their idea of progressivism is for someone to go "ooo haram pork". as they say in Urdu "chullu bhar pani me doob maro" Westerners and meat eaters.

in gora mentality Pakistan and Indians are same and to them Indians are much more approachable and they don't yell AMRIKA DUSHMAN from time to time on PMS thus reflected in their flicks *shrugs*

yara actor that is wise does not act in movies that have script that shows them as low level ppl.
if i were to invite arnold swarzenegger to act as some soft inferior Austrian, i bet he would refuse, money isn't everything the script must show them in good light.

its like shaan making movies with saima all you get is pure flirt whore and some wannabe gangster. but when a real show like ertugrul is broadcasted, where you are shown as noble warrior then pak actors started to cry. Well make a decent show and show yourself as the HERO with good clean script with out english language or clothes, although shaan movies dont have english or clothes from west.

diff between hollywood and bollywood/lollywood is hollywood is political, has its point of view, propaganda, the white guy is hero, the black guy a thug, the Indian inferior, arab crazy terrorist or rich horny sheikh that fails in managing a his country.
If you watch carefully and take note of hollywood movies with black actors they are the ones who mess up in the team, or get eaten first by monster if its a sci fi movie, predator example. while bollywood, lollywood just programs our mind with west is superior, you will see western cars, western, clothes, coca cola, western broken english spoken, unrealistic fight scenes, stupid epic sound effects. they are just plainly entertainment.

pakistan can make a movie about blackhawk down, where they can show how shit western army is, and how pak soldiers sacarificed themselves to save i believe it was usa army that was trapped instead hollywood shows pak army as chai bringers.

i have seen great documentaries exposing freemasons in detail by estonian director. but ours wana make shaan rubbing his face in saimas cleavage.

I remember i was in primary school, and forced by teachers to act in a pantomime Cinderella. i was chosen as the rat that carries the carriage that how low white teachers thought of us browns ppl. Some white pupils made an excuse that they cant come to pantomime to act, all were sincerely accepted. when i made excuse i was ridiculed and threatened if i dont participate the headmaster will knock on my door and drag me to the show. So what did i do i stayed quiet, when the day came i said to my mum i am ill i got headache i went bed early hoping if the headmaster knocks on, my mum will say he is ill. i swear i was in bed and kept fearing he gonna knock any minute i looked out of the window i saw the headmasters car drive past on my street thank god he drove off instead of knocking.

But next morning, i was told to stand up in-front of the whole school and humiliated by headmaster but it was over quick thank god because i was sweating.

moral of story dont do acting just for money, you should take into consideration what role you are given, and does it show you in good light.

I remember i was in primary school, and forced by teachers to act in a pantomime Cinderella. i was chosen as the rat that carries the carriage that how low white teachers thought of us browns ppl. Some white pupils made an excuse that they cant come to pantomime to act, all were sincerely accepted. when i made excuse i was ridiculed and threatened if i dont participate the headmaster will knock on my door and drag me to the show. So what did i do i stayed quiet, when the day came i said to my mum i am ill i got headache i went bed early hoping if the headmaster knocks on, my mum will say he is ill. i swear i was in bed and kept fearing he gonna knock any minute i looked out of the window i saw the headmasters car drive past on my street thank god he drove off instead of knocking.

But next morning, i was told to stand up in-front of the whole school and humiliated by headmaster but it was over quick thank god because i was sweating.

moral of story dont do acting just for money, you should take into consideration what role you are given, and does it show you in good light.

I would’ve done a hit job on the headmaster. Remember I was new to the country straight out of the hood (Pakistan), I had one teacher trying to go similar route and have me clean the class room, b1tch gave me a rag and a bottle of cleaning solution. My Punjabi blood woke I threw it back and told her straight out, “if my mom can clean the whole house, you should be able to clean this one room as it’s a females job you were born for this purpose, meri mardangi muja ajazat nai data ya karna kylia”. The hoe tried hard but no luck with me just got detention which I didn’t mind they gave me food. Dad was pissed until I told him the whole story he was proud of me that day.

I would’ve done a bit job on the headmaster. I had one teacher trying to go similar route and having me clean the class room, b1tch gave me a rag and a bottle of cleaning solution. My Punjabi blood woke I threw it back and told her straight out, “if my mom can clean the whole house, you should be able to clean this one room as it’s a females job you were born for this purpose, meri mardangi muja ajazat nai data ya karna kylia”. The hoe tried hard but no luck with me just got detention which I didn’t mind they gave me food. Dad was pissed until I told him the whole story he was proud of me that day.

bro i was about ten yrs old or less. i was the oldest so i was to be model student so my siblings can follow but after finishing high school it all changed. parents became relaxed realized school is bollocks, so my youngest bro had free hand broke ppls ribs, smashed chairs, throw rubber at teachers face. he had it easy.

bro i was about ten yrs old or less. i was the oldest so i was to be model student so my siblings can follow but after finishing high school it all changed. parents became relaxed realized school is bollocks, so my youngest bro had free hand broke ppls ribs, smashed chairs, throw rubber at teachers face. he had it easy.

Ah. He’s a fully blooded male.

Back
Top Bottom