What's new

Marvel Representation of Pakistanis.

@SIPRA @Sainthood 101
He says Sikhs jab mughlon sa lar rahay to kisi gehrai ko cross karnay k liye phattay use kartay thay. Cross kar lainay k baad chak da phattay ka order diya jata tha takay enemy cross na kar sakay phattay chak dainay ka matlab Sikhs ki victory tha isliye yeh commonly use honay lag gaya

May be, that is the correct background of this idiom.

Last edited:
People can have opinion on different things without being hypocrites. You betray your own insecurity by being so defensive about America.

Why do you think he does that?

I would’ve done a hit job on the headmaster. Remember I was new to the country straight out of the hood (Pakistan), I had one teacher trying to go similar route and have me clean the class room, b1tch gave me a rag and a bottle of cleaning solution. My Punjabi blood woke I threw it back and told her straight out, “if my mom can clean the whole house, you should be able to clean this one room as it’s a females job you were born for this purpose, meri mardangi muja ajazat nai data ya karna kylia”. The hoe tried hard but no luck with me just got detention which I didn’t mind they gave me food. Dad was pissed until I told him the whole story he was proud of me that day.
I was given the worst job possible in my college even though that was not my job. All other non-browns were not even asked. When the dish-washer did not come for work, our manager brought us all together (students working), I was only non-white. He said someone should step forward to take the job, before he names one of us. He said this looking at me and I got the drift, and he could not have been more obvious on what he was about to do. I sucked up my ego, and before I was directed by him, I raised my hand and not let it be his direction, but my choice. I washed the dishes (job was for a full-time African-America, who was absent). As I was washing the dishes, I swore I will always better myself and not allow others to dictate, and quickly found another job out of the dinning hall. Then within a few months after the other (better) job, I was working in the top job on campus for students (managing Computer Labs). Rest is history.

I really enjoyed the first episode, more than Moon Knight for that matter.

I was given the worst job possible in my college even though that was not my job. All other non-browns were not even asked. When the dish-washer did not come for work, our manager brought us all together (students working), I was only non-white. He said someone should step forward to take the job, before he names one of us. He said this looking at me and I got the drift, and he could not have been more obvious on what he was about to do. I sucked up my ego, and before I was directed by him, I raised my hand and not let it be his direction, but my choice. I washed the dishes (job was for a full-time African-America, who was absent). As I was washing the dishes, I swore I will always better myself and not allow others to dictate, and quickly found another job out of the dinning hall. Then within a few months after the other (better) job, I was working in the top job on campus for students (managing Computer Labs). Rest is history.
I don't know why would anyone take a dining job in university - I would never do that, it's the worst job offered, I hated that shit

My job from freshman year was a cushy library one with decent hours cause my brother used to be at the same university with the same boss, carried it till my internship years

I would rather not work than getting a job anywhere near fast food or food things in general

I don't know why would anyone take a dining job in university - I would never do that, it's the worst job offered, I hated that shit

My job from freshman year was a cushy library one with decent hours cause my brother used to be at the same university with the same boss, carried it till my internship years

I would rather not work than getting a job anywhere near fast food or food things in general
Did not have a choice. It is called work study. And you sort of get placed. But then have the option to look for alternatives, which I started immediately.

Before you complain about Marvel at least they tried with 'Pakistani'. Meantime our people can't even bother to try 'Pakistani' and instead hide behind such sterile synonyms as Desi, Apna, Asia, Indian etc.

So give them some credit - would you have been happy if Marvel just peddled this as 'Desi'?

I wish Pakistan was a developed 1st world country. You have everything to have a good life, nature, ski holidays, beaches with beach resorts if you made them, varied climate, lots of space to make a big home. Nearby countries like Thailand and Malaysia for the tropical experience.

If it was 1st world it would be a slice of heaven, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

you missed out food, food grown in pak is on another level.

Before you complain about Marvel at least they tried with 'Pakistani'. Meantime our people can't even bother to try 'Pakistani' and instead hide behind such sterile synonyms as Desi, Apna, Asia, Indian etc.

So give them some credit - would you have been happy if Marvel just peddled this as 'Desi'?
bajwa should have been the hero

unsure ...

"Not" easy on eyes , Bit on chubby side

Expecting mainstream stereo types to be strong in this movie

Don't look Pakistani

Other actors Indian

Never heard any Pakistani Girl named Kamala

Last edited:
except for cringe stuff, I actually liked the episode from a pure entertainment pov
let's see how it goes but i enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom